New from Virginia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by terri, May 13, 2010.

1. terri

terri New Member

Hi all, thought I should introduce myself. My name is Terri and I live in the beautiful mountains of southwest Virginia with my husband, Norman. We have seven children between us. We are beginning homesteaders who are trying to prepare our family for whatever may happen in the future.
    We have been planning to build a small solar cabin on my property, but were not in a major rush until my trailer burned down last month. We are actually blessed that we have another trailer and property in another location, which are living in now. But the cabin has become a priority, as that property is where we want to live. It is very secluded and has several more acres than we have here.
    We raise chickens and rabbits and will soon get more goats. We garden extensively and can and/or dehydrate as much as possible.
    We have been slowly reducing our expenses as much as possible, and are living more simply. We still have a ways to go!
    Looking forward to sharing and learning.

2. Littlebit

Littlebit Well-Known Member

:welcome: Nice to meet Ya!

3. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:terri from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

5. justintime

justintime Member

Hello and welcome from bedford co VA:wave:

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome from Henry Co, Virginia! :wave:

7. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to Prepared Society!

8. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Hi Terri, and welcome from Pennsylvania. :wave:

9. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Hi Terri! Welcome aboard, from NW Montana! Keep up the good work! You're in a great climate for gardening! Sorry about your fire, but glad you're all okay.

10. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

Welcome!!!! :wave: My daughter is in Blacksburg, VA.