Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Principally a city boy, had a two year unexpected "vacation", used the time to my advantage to earn my MBA and PMP.

All that fancin learnin, just skerwed the brown stuff out of me. Through sheer luck had some outstanding prof's with real world global macro economics experience.

Started canning for the fun of it, it turned into an absolute obsession all about being prepared for leaner times and enjoying GREAT food... But, keeping an eye on what is going on with global economics.

Not quite prepared enough for IF SHTF, but better off then most people.

SWMBO is enjoying her large garden, which is extremely compact and somewhat overgrown with some great weather this year. We're learning what to locally buy vs what to grow.

SWMBO has caught some crap from acquaintances about "wasting" wasting her time "catering" to my middle ages view of her responsibility... She's the principal driver behind most of this :)

We're backed up against a dirt road, and two middle age women walking down the street were harassing her today about the clothes line suggesting if she couldn't afford a dryer, she should move back to the trailer park :eek:... Good thing I wasn't home, I would have come unglued! We'll see who's ready if SHTF :) Besides, clothes dried outside smell soooo much better!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forums :wave: Who cares what other people think, keep plugging away and get the last laugh :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Hello & :welcome:

Come on in ...

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

I'm surprised anyone was pissy about the clothesline. It's the "in" thing nowdays! Those women need to get as savvy as you guys are!

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts