Need some mylar assistance please

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by Moose33, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Moose33

Moose33 Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    I'm in need of some (20 to 25) quart to half gallon sized mylar bags. I'd like to find the thickest possible. I want to use them for on shelf storage, no buckets.

I've tried two or three ebay sellers, none of their's are impervious to light. I've tried a few on line retailers too. With all the on line retailers the shipping is twice, or more, the cost of the bags.

I know what I'm looking for has to be available without paying an arm and a leg for shipping. If any of you have any suggestions where I can go to find smaller bags with reasonable shipping costs I'd appreicate any suggestions.

Thank you in advance for any word of wisdom,
    Moose

2. nj_m715

nj_m715 www.veggear.blogspot.com

You can buy larger bags and cut them down. Just seal up the cut ends. It might be the cheapest way.

3. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens Still waiting for the zombies.

4. mmszbi

mmszbi Junior Member

Amazon.com has many many different selections of mylar. The last purchase I made was for the 5 gallon bucket type, 10 bags plus 10 2000CC O2 Absorbers for $24.95, FREE SHIPPING. The vendor was OakTea International and they have lots of different sizes/quantities at quite good prices, all available at Amazon.com. I was very happy with the purchase and had it in my mail in 5 days.

5. markp

markp Newbie

the LDS church has 1 gal that will seal to various sizes but i just put in the amount i need seal the top that way when i open it i can reseal several times these bags are some of the heavest i have bought they are online in the family prepardness section mark