Need some advice...quickly...please!

Discussion in 'General Food and Foraging Discussion' started by efbjr, Jun 11, 2011.

1. efbjr

efbjr Well-Known Member

My neighbor, who is into community gardening, gave me 2 large :eek: shopping bags full of assorted salad greens, and a bunch of scallions. I know how to process the scallions, but can anyone tell me how (if it is possible) to dehydrate the salad greens? :confused: I can't eat all of them before they go bad and I would hate to have to toss them. :mad: I did a general Google search and ditto on You Tube and got very little useful information. :(

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

3. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

Google....storefood.com

dehydrate2store.com

I'd tell you but I'm learning too and don't want to lead you wrong.

Lots of smart people here who will come along to help.

One of the sites I listed really helped me rehydrate.I realized I missed important steps.

4. mtnmom

mtnmom Active Member

I'm curious too... never heard of dried lettuce though....if it's cabbage you could make saurkraut and can it.

5. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

I saw one on youtube ... they used it in some kind of dip. One head of lettuce into a very small baggie ... lol

6. Kai22

Kai22 Well-Known Member

Kale Crisps are really good! I make them all the time. Though my recipe doesn't have honey or agave. Sounds weird, but they crisp up and taste kind of like Lays! Really yummy :)

7. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Alway good to know!!! :wave:

:thankyou: