Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
8 Posts
I have been looking for some equipment that can recycle human carbon dioxide back into oxygen.They have them for the space station ( Life Support Systems in Space ) and was wondering if anyone knows of something that could be put into an underground bunker?I am interested in this in the case of SHTF and intruders onto property happen to find my fresh air supply and try to block it off to force me and others out of our safe location.I guess my Google-Foo is not up to par as can't seem to find anything that is made for civilian use?Any ideas or suggestions will be of great use in this dilemma.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
What you are looking for is a scrubber-system. There are commercial systems that you can purchase for good coin, or, build your own.

Commercial system used in industry: Carbon Monoxide Scrubber | CO Diversion System | Carbon Monoxide Purging System | Removing CO | Self-Contained Breathing Air System for Mines

Another option (again costing good coin) is shelter-based CO scrubber: Utah Shelter Systems - Because Survival Is The Highest Priority

You can use the basic information in there to create your own scrubber, or, go the old-fashioned route, plant trees, flowers and other such green things to scrub for you.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I have been looking for some equipment that can recycle human carbon dioxide back into oxygen.They have them for the space station ( Life Support Systems in Space ) and was wondering if anyone knows of something that could be put into an underground bunker?I am interested in this in the case of SHTF and intruders onto property happen to find my fresh air supply and try to block it off to force me and others out of our safe location.I guess my Google-Foo is not up to par as can't seem to find anything that is made for civilian use?Any ideas or suggestions will be of great use in this dilemma.
check some of Bunkerbob's posts, I'm pretty certain he has one...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts