Preparedsociety.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
years ago I used some Dorcey medicines for migraines - it contained belladonna and other ingredients. They were little pearl like pills that you dissolved under the tongue like nitroglycerine tabs. Does anyone know where I can locate them - does someone have an herbal receipt for migraines - your info is appreciated

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
I do not, but...

I am a migraine sufferer also. I have never had access to anything like that. I have posted about this in other threads. I take Extra Strength Excedrin. It contains aspirin, acetominiphin (sp) and caffeine. I tend to get headaches. When I have a serious migraine, I do not take the two that is recommended, but sometimes take 3 or 4.

Another thing that works is if you can get your hands on some Canadian aspirin, called 222s. They contain codeine and are sold over the counter in Canada.

Migraines can be somewhat mitigated by being careful about what you eat. A Christmas fruitcake is a guaranteed migraine for me. Migraines are largely triggered by mold. Aged foods are something to be careful of.

I know that not every can or will take aspirin, but I have known of no other workable options for me.

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f78/fruit-cake-season-22073/index2.html If you missed the information it is in post #16 of this thread.

·
883 Posts

·
Time Traveler
3,917 Posts
This reminds me of a number of drugs that I used to get from health food stores. They were sold in small blue plastic vials. These worked on the premise that the less the concentration of drug the stronger the effect. They have such a little active ingredient that the FDA can't regulate them.

Sorry, I just don't remember what they are called but there might be enough information here to spark someones memory. I tried them for a couple of conditions many years ago and I was pleased.

My cousin and my uncle both suffered with migraines. They had good results by drinking extra water.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts

·
Supporting Member
819 Posts
I have had "headaches" for a while or what I thought to be headaches until I really thought about it and "studied" myself. It's not near as bad now as in the past.
My pain comes from muscle tension in my neck. A LOT of tension. I take Excedrin migraine to combat it. every few days of so I have to knock it back with an additional pain pill. The only real thing that works is Oxycodone. I had a bottle of 30 that lasted 2 years so, I don't have to take it often.
Earlier this year a German doctor gave me Flexeril and Prednisone. This was a head scratcher for me. I knew Flexeril was a muscle relaxer and Prednisone was a steroid. I couldn't put the two together for muscle tension to save my life. He said trust me and explained a bit. I have to tell you. Within hours of taking the meds I was amazed. No tension, no pain, no pain meds for quite a while.
I have to go to my regular doctor next week and get another round of the Prednisone. I know right now in a SHTF situation I would be screwed in a matter of months. My only hope would be for someone in the group to be good at deep tissue massage.
That did help me quite a bit but, at $65 an hour, I cant afford to go 2 to 3 times a week.
Thats my 2 cents at 5:15 am

·
1,084 Posts
I think I'd be to afraid to use that. You'd have to know just exactly the right amount and what to mix it with to get the benefit you're looking for. Just be careful.

·
Time Traveler
3,917 Posts
I think I'd be to afraid to use that. You'd have to know just exactly the right amount and what to mix it with to get the benefit you're looking for. Just be careful.
Beladona is a dangerous drug for sure. The product that Mdprepper put the links to has so little of the active ingredient that you would not over dose. The detractors of these drugs claim that they are so dilute that there is no way that they can work. The OP is proof that they do work for some people. I had some success but I had difficulty finding what I wanted and eventually moved to other treatments.

At one point I could have given you a dissertation on this class of drugs but I haven't studied it for decades. There are a number of drugs available in this class depending on what you want to treat.

·
Registered
213 Posts
years ago I used some Dorcey medicines for migraines - it contained belladonna and other ingredients. They were little pearl like pills that you dissolved under the tongue like nitroglycerine tabs. Does anyone know where I can locate them - does someone have an herbal receipt for migraines - your info is appreciated
Any health food store should carry it.
It is a standard Homeopathic Remedy - used a lot in midwifery.
You can get 100 Remedies in a .44 / .45 cal Reloading Box for $150.00.
A starter kit is $75.00 & has 26 common remedies. 100 remedies will treat thousands of problems; quickly, safely, effectively, and with zero side effects.
Recently Jacques Beneviste, Fritz Albert Popp and various Russian scientists have validated homeopathy with hard science.

·
Time Traveler
3,917 Posts
Any health food store should carry it.
It is a standard Homeopathic Remedy - used a lot in midwifery.
You can get 100 Remedies in a .44 / .45 cal Reloading Box for $150.00.
A starter kit is $75.00 & has 26 common remedies. 100 remedies will treat thousands of problems; quickly, safely, effectively, and with zero side effects.
Recently Jacques Beneviste, Fritz Albert Popp and various Russian scientists have validated homeopathy with hard science.
Do you have a link to buy these kits?

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Just food for thought ... first look at the problem and the reason that problem comes to be... (IMO)

I can think of a number of herbs to replace belladonna... And I say use caution when you use this herb.

Research folks ... research.:)

·
Time Traveler
3,917 Posts
Just food for thought ... first look at the problem and the reason that problem comes to be... (IMO)

I can think of a number of herbs to replace belladonna... And I say use caution when you use this herb.

Research folks ... research.:)
By all means, always do your homework on any drugs. Andi, may I ask if you have done your homework on this formulation?

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
By all means, always do your homework on any drugs. Andi, may I ask if you have done your homework on this formulation?
I know where I stand... And I know where I stand on belladonna... I hope that is a answer to your question ...

But it is up to others to do their research... IMO ...

We have to research the folks wanting to turn a dime and the "real research" of the herb plus the folks doing a blog ...(good or bad)

Let me see ...do I want a trip to the ER because I read something I on the web ... :brickwall:

·
Time Traveler
3,917 Posts
I know where I stand... And I know where I stand on belladonna... I hope that is a answer to your question ...

We have to research the folks wanting to turn a dime and the "real research" of the herb plus the folks doing a blog ...(good or bad)

Let me see ...do I want a trip to the ER because I read something I on the web ... :brickwall:
To me that sounds like a 'no I didn't check out this specific formulation, I really don't like belladonna'.

The way these homeopathic drugs work is they find something that causes the symptoms you are trying to treat. They take the drug and cut it in half, then in half again, and again, and again. Eventually it is so weak that I seriously doubt that it would turn up in a blood test.

I am not suggesting that anyone take this after doing my homework, I'm suggesting that you might want to do your homework before coming out against it.

·
Registered
213 Posts

The Herb Belladonna is NOT in the same ballpark or even city, as the Homeopathic Formulation. Andi and all are correct; Belladonna is very dangerous -the Herb. The remedy is a totally different thing.

The only Homeopathic remedy I know that the medical industry uses is Nitroglycerin...the only reason is that there is a very slight (infinitesimal) bit of honesty & conscience when it comes to alternative therapy in the industry. http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/73/1/21.full.pdf

Many of the greatest minds our country has produced have been beggared, badgered, fled the country, or been imprisoned or murdered...all because of greedy industries wanting more money.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Do you have a link to buy these kits?
I will post some links here for comparison, -especially price-wise...
Then if you want to PM me, I can give you the source we get them from.
for $150.00 + $25.00 s/h...a bit cheaper:eek:)

http://www.amazon.com/Washington-Homeopathic-Products-Top-Remedies/dp/B002Q0W190 $325.00

http://a2zhomeopathy.com/Homeopathy_Kits/Professional_Kit_I/index.html $250.00

The ones we use are in 200 C.

Differences other than price:

1. The kits online use pellets so tiny, you can't hardly see them -to make them last longer -ie, when you pay 250 to 300 for the kit, they can tell you it will last blah blah years, because they give you X # of doses.
The ones we get are a perfect size to see, handle and feel when they hit the tongue, etc.

2. The next is a "big secret" but I like to "crack the code" on stuff like that. However, I cannot take credit on this one, but the principle applies.

I will explain. A friend of ours has a huge office filing cabinet -where the drawers open width-wise -4 ft across, five drawers high. In it are hundreds of Remedies -IN ONE POUND BOTTLES!!!
I almost choked when I saw it - the wasted space and MONEY!!!
I said, Char...don't you know you can make those yourself? Did you know -well, read the story, about Constantine Herring; went to South America to catch a Bushmaster -the basis for the Remedy Lachesis...paid natives to catch one.."don't beat it up, or excite it" right!! you get bit, you take the old three steps and drop snake...they beat the crap pout of it...it has venom all over it...maybe he got bit or got venom on him, but he excitedly tells his wife to record his symptoms -to prove the remedy...he survives, but never has use of his arm...that ONE SNAKE -NOW IN THE SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTE (pic location below) -was the first, last and only time that remedy has ever been made from a snake!!!

"Nearly 200 years later homeopaths are still finding Lachesis useful in all manner of complaints involving the blood & circulation. Earlier this week I visited a patient I had been treating for (among other things) intolerable hot flushes connected with the menopause. After taking her case a month ago I decided that Lachesis would suit her symptoms. To my pleasant relief her hot flushes gradually decreased in intensity until, just 2 weeks after taking the remedy she no longer gets them. To say the patient was pleased would be an understatement!"

"Specimens are usually over 6 feet long & snakes over 14 feet have been recorded! It's Latin name means, roughly, 'brings silent death'. They are capable of multiple strikes, injecting a large amount of venom. Even the bites of juveniles can be fatal. The venom itself is hometoxic (it destroys red blood cells) & this results in organ degeneration, shock & frequently death if the correct anti-venom is not administered in time."

http://www.ansp.org/explore/online-exhibits/stories/homeopathic-snake/
http://www.ansp.org/~/media/Images/ans/explore/online-exhibits/stories/bushmaster.ashx

A side note:
Any hemorrhagic issues, specifically, say Ebola Zaire, five of the top six remedies which match the symptoms are...care to guess?
Snake Venoms!!! -Lachesis, Crotalus Horridus, Bothrops, etc...
Truth be told someday, I think it will be proven out that that, and many other problems were bio-engineered, this one from Snake Venom.

Back to the making of kits...
Point is, if you get one kit, you can buy supplies and make 1000 more kits -or one or two or ten at a time, whatever your budget can afford.
In doing this, you can do several things:
1. Do a small part to take a tiny erosive bite out of the medical industry. "Gutta Cavat Lapidem" "The Drip Cuts The Stone."
(not by force, but by constant action)
2. Put money in your bank account by developing a Home Business.
3. Keep money in your bank account by not going to the Dr Office, ER and Hospital....
In 126 years of my children's lives, they have seen the inside of a hospital...I think one time -broken arm.
4. Provide for your family in doing all of those -A MUCH LARGER CIRCLE OF SAFETY!
IE, IF YOU CAN PROVIDE FOR THE PROTECTION OF EVERYONE AROUND YOU by keeping your family & circle of friends, community, healthy, -OUT TO A MILE, 5 MILES, ETC, your family will be the safer. My circle is 100 miles which I intend to protect.

When we go on a trip, we can have 400 remedies (4 different kits) in the size of a small ammo box, and treat hundreds of thousands of problems.
You can put 4 vials of them in a 35mm film can.

You can get rolls made for pocket knives, and pouches, and ammo bandoliers, etc made for 44/45 -how to carry them is only limited by your imagination...

and they work on any mammal -dog, cat, cow, elephant, skunk...
which does away with the BS!!! "it is just a placebo idiocy.

Tell the cow, or the dog you are giving it a remedy to help the contusion.
See how well that works with a true placebo.
The most dramatic thing I have seen was a child who could not talk yet get hit with a bat -the quintessential "golf ball knot" and the kid was screaming in terror.
Popped a pellet under his tongue and Instantaneously he stopped crying and was calm as you please...then as I watched, in about ten seconds, the knot
shrunk almost flat to his forehead.

So, Caribou, you know what you are doing, ignore those who know not...

reminds me...

Confucius Say:

He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him;
He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him.
He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him.
He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.

·
Time Traveler
3,917 Posts
Jeremiyah, sometimes we all get into an area where we know just enough to block our learning. In this case we have someone that knows that belladonna is a poison. In this case I know about homeopathic medicine but in other cases I have been the one with half the required info. I have not always been open to new info. I don't blame anyone for being afraid of belladonna, it is quite an effective poison.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Caribou said:
Jeremiyah, sometimes we all get into an area where we know just enough to block our learning. In this case we have someone that knows that belladonna is a poison. In this case I know about homeopathic medicine but in other cases I have been the one with half the required info. I have not always been open to new info. I don't blame anyone for being afraid of belladonna, it is quite an effective poison.
I'm confused on your definition of homeopathic. How can a man made unstable trinintrate compound that doesn't occur naturally be considered homeopathic? As for belladonna it's one of the most potent poisons around. 2 to 5 berries pack enough toxic alkaloids to kill an adult. From this we do get scopolamine and atropine , both drugs are used every day in very safe manners. These are anticholinergics and dry up mucous in extremely low doses, increAse the dose and you will get increased heart rate and irregularities in heart beats, a little bit more will give you nerve gas like delerium. It's all about dose and targeting a single receptor for the desired effect while removing undesirable and dangerous side effects. I used atropine daily in anesthesia. It saves lives in the face of symptomatic bradycardia. If some has a heart rate of 20 and has poor perfusion, 0.4mg of atropine is going to Increase heart rate 40 to 50 beats per minute in a matter of seconds. 1mg may completely restart the heart from pulse less activity, 2mg given to a healthy adult might send them into a fatal arrhythmia. There isn't much room for error with these powerful anticholinergics. There isn't a great way to standardize how much active anticholinergics alkaloids you get out of a berry without measuring a specific molecule. What traditionally is done, is cutting the active ingredients 100 to 1000 fold and then titration to effect. It's always a guessing game specific to that batch. It's not something I would want to do with a plant that offers such a narrowed therapeutic window. As Andi, pointed out there are many better naturally occurring alternatives that safely substitute for an anticholinergic source.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts