Need A Job?

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by UncleJoe, Jul 15, 2010.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

TSA should be able to pick from the top of the gene pool with this ad campaign. :rolleyes:

Hungry for some piping hot pizza? If you live in the Washington, DC area, your pie could come to your door wrapped in an enticing Help Wanted ad from the Department of Homeland Security. The Transportation Safety Administration, a unit of DHS, has taken to advertising open security officer positions at Washington Reagan National and Dulles International airports on pizza delivery boxes.

The box-top ads tout the positions as "a career where X-ray vision and Federal benefits come standard."

Interested individuals are instructed to apply for the full- and part-time positions online at a TSA jobs website or phone a toll-free number.

Reporter Michelle Basch at WTOP radio in Washington was surprised to see the ad on the delivery box for the pizza she ordered last night. "Does this mean the TSA is desperate, or just creative?" she asked.

Dept. of Homeland Security posts ads for TSA jobs on D.C. airport pizza boxes | Articles | Port Folio Weekly: Hampton Road's source for news, events, today's photo, funny video, contests, and daily quotes.

Attached Files:

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

They need help so bad they have to resort to advertising on Pizza boxes?

And we have how many unemployed in this nation?

3. Aemilia

Aemilia Zookeeper

Not desperate enough to live in DC. Does this mean Pizza-eaters are safer and less likely to be criminals than non-pizza-eaters?

4. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

At least they'd know the applicants have the ability to read English...

5. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Hey, good point. I didn't really think about that. It's pretty rare to see something that isn't written in spanish as well as english.

6. Bua nó Bás

Bua nó Bás Member

From my trips to the US, I don't rate very highly of the TSA's ability to prevent any threat other than that of an oversupply of shampoo which they love grabbing. Those I've witnessed certainly didn't seem to be the sharpest blades on the block but then again neither are most of the airport security people I've saw in any of the airports I've been through.

7. jnrdesertrats

jnrdesertrats Noob

TSA Thousands Standing Around.

You know the difference between a large pizza and the low income folks in D.C. A large pizza can feed a family of 4.:beercheer: