Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from ND. My part of the world is pretty barren once it comes to "Survivalist" types of folks that admit to it. However folks around here have doing it for many years. Mostly farmers that always stock up the pantry and make sure the shotty is usable. LOL. But i aint a farmer. I will be moving to alaska in about 2 more years to hopefully homestead up there with my fiancee. Looking forward to that!

·
Default Member Title Here
83 Posts
Sounds awesome! I'm a newbie here and there's LOTS of good info.
:wave:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forums :wave:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hope you find some helpful information and good friends here.

:)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Welcome, please share your knowledge with us. There is a lot of good information here and some great books on prepping. My advise read, read, read then put as much of your "book learning" in to action.

·
Old Dawg
67 Posts
Howdy

I'd say 'welcome' but this is my first post here. I live in Texas now, for the most of the last twenty plus years, but was born and raised in NoDak. When you say the ground is bare of 'survivalist' the bare truth is they keep a pretty low profile for several reasons. I know that from experience.

But your also right that what the press labled 'survivalist', and we refer to as prepper today, are the continuation of the pioneer spirit of trying to be self-sufficient as much as possible. I was raised for to be frugal, and 'be prepared' as much as possible.

dfb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts