National ID Card

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by UncleJoe, Mar 11, 2010.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Absent a political miracle in the Senate, within two years every American will need a conforming national ID card to participate in ordinary activities. This REAL ID Act establishes a massive, centrally-coordinated database of highly personal information about American citizens: at a minimum their name, date of birth, place of residence, Social Security number, and physical characteristics. The legislation also grants open-ended authority to the Secretary of Homeland Security to require biometric information on IDs in the future. This means your harmless looking driver’s license could contain a retina scan, fingerprints, DNA information, or radio frequency technology.

Think this sounds farfetched? Read the REAL ID Act, HR 418, for yourself. Its text is available on the Library of Congress website. A careful reading also reveals that states will be required to participate in the “Drivers License Agreement,” which was crafted by DMV lobbyists years ago. This agreement creates a massive database of sensitive information on American citizens that can be shared with Canada and Mexico!

Again; I feel safer already. :rolleyes:

National ID Cards Won't Stop Terrorism or Illegal Immigration by Rep. Ron Paul

2. NORTH

NORTH Active Member

Didn't Hitler do something of the same at the begining of WWII?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Just another brick added to the wall to control the citizens "for their own good". As if there isn't enough "ID" flowing around between passports, drivers licences, SIN (SS), healthcards, etc ... and now they wanna put another form of control in.

What is next RFID chips implanted so that they can track the movements of its citizens in real-time from satellites? I can just hear the propaganda now "Its for the safety of your children in case they are kidnapped" ...

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I think I will just go out and have a barcode tatoo put on my neck like Bruce Willis in the movie 12 Monkeys and maybe the Govt will leave me alone. By the way that is a pretty good movie.

Attached Files:

5. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist . . . ( I feel like I am saying stuff like that a lot more often, these days . . .) but Revelations points to a time at the end of days when people will have to have a specific mark or symbol to be able to conduct day-to-day transactions and buy food, etcetera.

Sounds kinda creepy to me.

6. pdx210

pdx210 Well-Known Member

7. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I already have a state ID with all that info in it. You would think they would stream line it and offer a national drivers license. They can already track our every move without the locater technology. Satellites. I'm afraid that if we realize it's happening it's already to late.

8. AlterCow

AlterCow The Silver Cow

9. NORTH

NORTH Active Member

I have to agree with Turtle, I have been feeling a sense of forboding (stronger than usual!) about the way legislation is being passed to protect us from ourselves. I like to use seatbelt laws for example, is it because they think we are too stupid to buckle up on own? Or is it to condition us to just go along with whatever ridiculous crap they come up with next. Forboding, yeah, I'm feelin it.

10. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

The original plan for the On Board Diagnostics systems that are in all cars now built originally called for three phases. we are now in phase 2. The first phase, OBD I, was simply the ECU in cars that controls the engines. The second phase, OBD II, which is currently installed in every vehicle built, allows a mechanic or emissions official to plug into the port in the dash and download all sorts of information about how the engine is running.

The third phase, OBD III, is supposed to include the ability to monitor the vehicle's location, speed, and condition via satellite. There has even been talk of allowing law enforcement to issue tickets based upon how fast your vehicle is going in a given region, based upon the speed limit in that region. So, you don't even have to be tracked on radar, your car will snitch on you automatically.

So, yeah, these plans have been in place for more than twenty years. I have no problem with the Government keeping an eye on things. I don't like the idea that the government has shifted the responsibility from themselves to a datastream. There are too many ways to abuse that and too much of a window of opportunity to allow error. To remove the human element from the governance of a people is to admit that those in power are unable to cope with the responsibility of governing, and therefore do not deserve that responsiblity and burden.

11. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I concur!!!

12. Songbird

Songbird Member

13. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

I knew us out of control weirdo's in MT had bellowed "HELL NO !!" but I had no idea other states had done so too!! COOL!!!

I'll drink to NO!!:beercheer:

14. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Wow! i feel safer already just thinking about it. Don't you. :rolleyes:

15. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

Good thing Obama's pick of Napolitano doesn't like Real ID

16. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

17. allen_idaho

allen_idaho Well-Known Member

Hitler used punch card computer systems graciously provided by IBM. They were used to keep accurate records of every jew and POW sent to each prison camp.

18. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

As much as they gripe and ***** about big companies, that's who has made the deals with the great dear leader, to turn every day americans into money making cattle for the new good of the all guberment we are soon to be blessed with. I feel all warm and fuzzy all over. :rolleyes: How bout you all.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  19. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

To block the computer emissions from your car, try putting a Faraday Cage around the engine.:2thumb:

At least I don't have to worry about that on my 1987 Harley.:p

20. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

I Googled this up - makes for a sickeningly fascinating story. I never knew of this - but the Germans certainly had a penchant for organization, and had records of EVERYTHING! The allies brought many tons of records out of Germany, and thus we knew there production numbers, serial numbers, everything. I recently saw a TV special where a sunken U-boat was found. They confirmed it's identity partly by the serial number of it's diesel motors! Amazing!

But, I believe OUR FedGov is far beyond anything the Nazis ever dreamed of. :rolleyes: