National Guard recruiting for Internment/ resettlement camps?!?!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by the_examined_life, Aug 3, 2009.

1. the_examined_life

the_examined_life Active Member

Take a look at this link:

www.NATIONALGUARD.com

I would love to hear some theories on this one. Why Do you think the NG is staffing up for US based internment and resettlement camps?

2. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I'm 48, I remember when the prison outside of Mansfield, Oh. was just a little honnor farm. Now look at it today, I would feel like a caged annimal in there. There are prisons like that one all over the country now. I often wonder about them and the military being used to process Christians, Jews and other people deamed subversive to the NWO. If our society comes to this I am interested in preparing to be able to be on the move around the country just enjoying living off the country side. :confused: Remember the Holocost, people are already forgetting it or sayig it never happened! Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it! I think the next one will be alot more global and alot worse!:eek:

3. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

They could be staffing up for any number of reasons so I do not want to second guess. That said.......the NG are the ones called ino action is state and regional disasters/catastrophic events......this MOS will be needed to help keep the "riff-raff" under control.

The thing that bothers me is who will be classified as "riff-raff"...................

4. SurvivalNut

SurvivalNut Retired Army

The term "military occupational specialty" or MOS has been around since the 70's. I was an MOS 13B which means Field Artillery. MOS 11B is Infantry. They will have one of theese videos for every job title.

I was a recruiting company commander in the 90's and would get phone calls about black helicopters all the time.

Your theories in general are fine, but this tidbit is a dead end. Has always been there.

To view the Infantry video and assume the National Guard is going to take over State Govt is the same reach.

Join the National Guard and support our Country.

Urban myth diffused.

5. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Probably a "homeland security" thing. They probably want to have the capability to imprison people without legal cause in every state. A convenient way for them to get around the laws.

6. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

don't the generals who run the national guard report to the State Governors?

wouldn't it be the proposed Domestic Security Force (essentially a permanent 'martial law' force?) that would be the actually dangerous-to-liberty organization anyway, especially if it were rushed into effect as rubber-stamp-fast as either the Patriot Act OR The Stimulus?

I don't follow this as much as I should, I suppose...

7. kc5fm

kc5fm Emergency Manager

Military use

Lets look at when the military has been used in the USA, in this manner.

Camp Gruber, OK was used following Hurricane Katrina to house "guests" from Louisiana, temporarily, until other housing could be found.

Are they still there? Nope, the guests were all moved out to homes, homes of relatives, and other housing arrangements.

Where they medicated while they were there? You BET! How inhumane would it be for us to refuse medical treatment and medication for those who actually had NOTHING but the shirt on their back? The Health department, Red Cross, and a plethora of other helping groups worked hard so people who needed their medication received their needs.

Now the troops that were at Gruber have long since left the military and probably the State.

This is NOTHING to be paranoid about.

I have military volunteers in my local organization. One officer is getting familiar with Logistics. Another is a NON-Commissioned officer and a Skywarn volunteer. At no time, do these troops violate the Posse Comitatus Act. Search my post here regarding this topic.

Please remember these troops are people. Guard troops are your friends and neighbors, in so many cases. They have an interest in keeping you safe.

If you don't want to end up in a shelter, plan, prepare, practice now so you can bug your own self out, rather than wait for a bus, train, or plane to do so for you. Don't forget your 72-hour bag and Identification. Your driving license does not work quite well in Oklahoma, if you don't have it. :D

I'd be interested in what you would have your Government do when not more than 40% of the population has planned, prepared, and practiced for an emergency, much less a disaster. From my chair, your government will continue to do MORE for the Citizen, until the Citizen can do more for themselves. As Craig Fugate said, “personal disaster preparedness is and must be a national priority”.

Have a blessed week.

8. Expeditioner

Maybe......maybe not! At its surface it appears to be a result for a perceived need........do I think the government is intentionally gearing up for the internment of dissenters? No.......do I think that this MOS could be used for darker purposes?Anything is possible.

9. The_Blob

kc5fm, not to hijack the thread, but shouldn't 'personal' preparedness be a 'personal' priority as opposed to a 'national' one, or am I reading something different into the statement than what was intended?

Maybe I'm co-mingling 'priority' with 'responsibility'? one idea I can support & the other appalls me

10. the_examined_life

I would hate to think the worst of our own country, but is it not a little bit and fear and possibly being paranoid that has us on this message board and looking to better prepare as to avoid any possible fears to the contrary? One may hope for the best but I'm certain there is a little fear there pushing us to do our best for our family's sake.

After seeing what has happened to our economy in recent years, primarily caused by the FED in my opinion, and expansion and abuse of governmental powers, (the patriot act), how can one not question these things. Again, I would hope that's no the case but it's hard to have faith in an institution that has been so misleading and stealing that trust year after year.

Don't get me wrong, that has nothing to do with the men and women that proudly serve... it is the direction of the leadership that is in question.

11. the_examined_life

Blob... I agree with you comment as it is "OUR" responsibility. People have lost sight of that with liberties come personal responsibility. However, with that being said, "personal responsiblity should be the national priority".... if every person takes it upon their self to better prepare, there is less reliance upon the Fed gov for that support.

12. kc5fm

kc5fm Emergency Manager

Personal Preparedness

Indeed, as I've said PERSONAL preparedness is personal. Had you read and clicked through the post, you would have found

Fugate closed the 35-minute teleconference by urging Americans to take just the “basic steps” to prepare for a hurricane or any other likely emergency in their particular area.

The verbiage you question is appropriate in this light. As I've mentioned, when only 40% of YOUR neighbors are prepared, the Administrator apparently feels it may be time to focus on getting the 60% who are not. Thus is use of the word priority.

For example, the Federal Emergency Management Agency has had the Are You Ready material for several years now. Yet, I am giving this material to people my age who have never seen it before.

Fugate was refreshingly candid about the vexing challenge of getting Americans to prepare is an example of the challenges your Citizen servants in government face.

Time and again, I mention it's time to prepare. Yet, again only 40% of your neighbors have taken enough time to do what they think is needed. Indeed, some of the 40% are on this board. However, some of the 60% who are not prepared are here too.

Does that make sense? National priority for your Citizen servants who maintain it's a personal priority for you.

13. The_Blob

thanks for the clarification :2thumb:

I think 40% might be an optimistic figure tho... :(

or is that for the 'recommended' 72 hrs I've seen bandied about before?

I personally think 72 hrs prep is nowhere near enough, that's basically a long weekend's worth of supplies...

just my $0.03 (inflation ;) )

14. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

In Ohio our Governor used our NG at KSU!:eek::congrat::cry::ignore:

15. Expeditioner

I prepare out of concern what can go wrong........by being prepared I minimize/eliminate my fear.......no one wants to think the worst of the government but it would be stupid not to consider the possibility.......I am more concerned about what the government cannot do than what it "might" do.......

16. the_examined_life

I feel and think the same.. I was a kid when I first heard this and I can't remember if this was from a former president or from something at chruch..

"if you are prepared you shall not fear".

I've always accepted this as my personal mission. When ever there has been something come up in my life that challenged me or caused me to have fears and worry bout it, I've taken it as a challenge and prepared to face it. Its definitely been a blessing in my life for following that practice.

As for the gov... I just don't know so off to prep I go... Still hoping for the best!

I do know this much... The Fed is ruining our $ and we will eventually see the $ be removed as the world reserve currency and that alone will has some significant issues both here and abroad. We will be suck with a $ that will drop even more in value and be enslaved by this massive debt we keep amassing with our ever expanding government.

Has anyone read this lately?

AP ENTERPRISE: Biggest tax revenue drop since 1932 - Yahoo! News

why are we attempting to deal with health care at this point in time? Granted it does need to be overhauled, but now? Please we have enough issues without adding to them.

17. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

My grandmother told me a story when I was still a very young child. I have never forgot the story ...

The time of plenty was last year - this year the plenty has dropped off. We hear it in the news - we see it on the streets - we find it on the farms and ranches. The weather has been steadily getting cooler and our growing season seems to be getting shorter (at least here in Canada) ..

.. and now I feel like I am preachin' to the converted :ignore:

18. the_examined_life

Nothing wrong with sharing testimonies with the converted... in only continues to reinforce what we believe and strengthens the weary in their fight!

Preach on brother!!