Mylar Water Storage Bags 2+ Gallon SEE PHOTOS

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by Ellen, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellen

Ellen Member

I have lots and lots of 2.2 gallon bags that are commercially used for the wine in a box. They are brand new, and I would presume sterile on the inside. Each one has an easy to use spigot and a cap that pops off for easy filling. I have used them to store grains as well as water. If they are used for grain they still need to be placed in a rodent-proof container.

These bags are very strong and durable. We take them backpacking and get about 30 hikes out of each one. We once filled one with water and had a 120 pound person (very carefully) stand on the bag. The spigot didn't pop off and the bag did not pop or leak. I would NOT recommend using them to stand on, but they are very durable.

They are perfect for backpacking because there is not dead space as you use whatever product you place inside; simply squeeze the air out to take up very minimal space. This makes them perfect for bug-out bags. We fill ours and store them under our house in an old bed liner. They freeze during the winter, but being only 2 gallons you can move them around easy enough that you can bring them in to thaw. We have over 500 (1000 gallons) that are easy to access and can be carried by small children. For the smaller children we fill many of them only half-way to make them lighter and easier to carry.

I don't need anyone to tell me this is wrong, but I have had some of these stored with water in them under my house for over 10 years and the water tastes great even now. I know...I need to rotate!!!

I would be more than willing to trade these for items, or I would sell them $.50 per bag plus shipping. I will see how many can fit in a flat rate box tomorrow or the next day if there is any interest. This is a photo pf a very SIMILAR bag, the spigot looks a little different:

[​IMG]

Like putting all your eggs in one basket, I don't recommend not having alternate water storage. These can be punctured, but they are cheap and handy and versatile and I have LOTS of them to get rid of. If you buy in larger quantity, let's say 200 or more, I will give you 20% off, but you will need to pay actual shipping plus $2.00 handling. Get together with your local friends and neighbors and take orders for them. I don't care if you make the extra $.10 on them, or charge more if you want. They make great gifts for all of your "with-it" friends and relatives. I mailed a bunch to my Californian brother for Christmas; he loved it. They are always looking for a better earthquake-proof water storage option.

When I determine the amount of water these hold, I always calculate it at a flat 2 gallons. The manufacturer states they hold 2.2 gallons. I fill mine quite full but I think it's nearly impossible to not spill a little when replacing the spigot. I'm sure it can be done, but I don't stress over a couple of ounces when I am not relying on the extra .2 gallons. I would rather round down and have extra of everything. I want you to make sure you know the manufacturers claim; I never measured, I guess I should weigh it empty and with water and I could come pretty close to knowing exactly. That's not my OCD thing!

It would be very easy to construct a tabletop dispenser for these as they were made to dispense wine from a cardboard box. The spigot is drip-free in all my years of experience using them.

I will accept, aside from barter items, PayPal (you pay the fees), but I prefer USPS money orders. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. As I specified, the photo provided is NOT the actual bag but one very similar.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
  2. Ellen

Ellen Member

Mylar Water Storage Bags

After receiving the first order and packaging the bags for shipment, it is likely that it is cheaper to mail them in something other than the Flat Rate boxes. These bags are very lightweight. I don't mind finding accommodating boxes to ship as many as anyone wants, it may add a little bit to the ship time though. If the Flat Rate would ever be cheaper we could go that route, otherwise I will determine the cheapest ship rate on a case by case basis.

If you have any questions or if you would like to try a bag before ordering more I would be glad to ship one for $1.25 including postage and PayPal fees (if any) so you can try it them out.

3. Layton

Layton New Member

These are hard to find, SUPER to have

I found some of these years ago and bought 25 of them at $.75 each, with inflation they should be about $1.60 today. This is a great deal. I will PM you with my order.

We use these for water, grain, seeds, and small pasta. My buddy bought 100 of them the same time/place I got mine (I have always been jealous that he had more than me) and they have several filled with hard candies for the kids, and lots of water. His kids use old ones that have served their lifes' purpose as balloons, sand, small toys, treasures, etc.

They are likely the most convenient way to store water. There is NEVER wasted space as the bags are only as big as the contents. They DON'T ever make the water taste bad. We stored water in out for 10+ years as well; it's true, no bad taste at all! They don't drip, you can't rip them by hand. The only ones that we have had break are those that have been mistreated for a LONG, LONG time. Ours have frozen and they just refuse to break. I always expect puddles when they thaw...doesn't ever happen.

To get 200 of them for $80 is a total steal. My neighbors and I will order 600+ of them. I hope you have that many on hand. You said lots and lots, I really hope you mean it! No more being jealous that I didn't get 100 before.

Thanks for doing this. I know you can't be making money selling them like this. I bet it takes hours just to package them to ship. This is truly a service! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

As far as Ellen being reliable I will let you know after I get my order. I'm ordering big too; I'm not going to risk missing out. My wife says this deal is CRAZY cheap. I must agree with her....shhhhh!

4. Ellen

Ellen Member

Shipping, etc

I have had more response than I imagined with these bags. Not to worry, I still have plenty. I am glad to sell them until they are gone.

My first package that I shipped was in-state; apparently out-of-state is not quite so cheap to ship. I don't get out much and I definitely don't ship enough apparently.

I just packed a MEDIUM Flat Rate box that barely holds 30 bags; the USPS charges $10.95 for that box in the US and $27.95 to Canada or Mexico (from what I can tell at USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service)). I am going to stop by a FedEx/UPS shipper on my way to USPS to compare pricing before shipping. But at least this gives out-of-state buyers an idea of shipping prices. Unfortunately, postage is beyond my control.

The LARGE Flat Rate box is only $2 more to ship ($35.50 for Canada or Mexico). I am not sure how many bags fit in this one, so I am not certain if it is a much better value.

Thanks for all of the orders and like I said, I still have plenty to go around.

5. SurvivalNut

SurvivalNut Retired Army

Great deal!

Received my 30 bags today. An outstanding value! 30 bags with postage for about $26 or so.

Once I distribute them in my bags, bobs and vehicles, I will probably buy more!

Thank you

6. Lonewufcry

Lonewufcry Lonewufcry

We received the bags from Ellen and man they are great. We filled them up with water and grains and other various items to see what we can use them for. I can't thank Ellen enough for this great opportunity. She is very efficient with the delivery also.

7. Cahri

Cahri Well-Known Member

What would you like to barter? Organic grown and dried then vacuum packed herbs? dried vacuum packed organic home grown veggies? I have lots of other stuff too...other than organic foods we grow here

8. cavscout1991

cavscout1991 New Member

How do I get some

I want to order 30 of them. Let me know how to pay for them. Thank you

Matt

9. stevel

stevel New Member

mylar bags

I would also like to try 30. PM me for pricing.

10. Aheitchoo

Aheitchoo New Member

I have Pm'd you and I'm excited about this.

11. Angie

Angie New Member

Mylar bags

Hello Ellen
    Do you still have any of these bags left?? I would be interested in buying 20 of them. Thanks Angela

12. Angie

Angie New Member

mylar bags

Do you still have some of these left? I would be interested in buying 20 of them. Thanks, Angela

13. lebilly61

lebilly61 New Member

Hi

I'm interested in buying 20 mylar bags; I live in san jose, california; please let me know
    thank you

14. Berta

Berta Member

I PM'd you, I would like to buy some too.

15. lebilly61

lebilly61 New Member

I would like to buy 30 bags; please tell me how to pay

16. deemacloud

deemacloud New Member

Ellen, how do I go about purchasing some of the 2.2 gal bags?

17. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

If Ellen is missing in action, I will be closing this thread down ..

18. Ellen

Ellen Member

orders currently suspended
    pending delivery of inventory

thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.