Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking my stores of mylar bagged dry goods. Did not vacuum seal. Most bags have drawn in like they had been, some have not. What does generally mean in both cases? All 1 gallon sized bags with oxygen, some with moisture absorption too depending on food.

·
Registered
604 Posts
most likely OK - the 02 absorbers just draw the 02 - if you didn't purge the extra air out of each bag exactly the same - you get different results ....

always check for pin holes and other flaws like sharp creases and bad heat sealed seams ....

get ALL your bags ready to go - then open the factory sealed pack of 02 absorbers - you got 15 minutes to heat seal those bags closed ...

good practice to wipe the inside bag lips clean of any poured food residue - you need those two lips to heat bond together cleanly ....

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are several steps I would recommend you follow while sealing your Mylar bags. Firstly, double-check to ensure there are no pinholes or any other issues/damages. Secondly, wipe clean the inside bag lips or any poured food residues as they must heat bond together cleanly. Thirdly, add the O2 absorbers and seal the bags. Last but not least, make sure you are using good quality bags. I’ve been personally using Mylar Foil Bags and O2 Absorbers for quite some time already, and I’ve never encountered any issues and am pleased with their quality. Also, they offer a competitive price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts