Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings everyone,

This is a letter I wrote and recorded on video and uploaded, with Bible verses displayed.

The video provides a good summary of the end times as described by the Bible and how you can prepare for them. I believe the times are urgent and chaos and destruction will soon be upon us all. There are many signs in the world, a few of them is the soon to be global economic collapse, potential for world war, and rise of totalitarian governments I see on the horizon.

I have summarised the descriptions provided by Jesus of the times and events prior to His return, main points of The Revelation (the final chapter of the Bible), important areas of belief in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and how you can prepare physically, mentally and spiritually.

This video is 3 hours and 12 minutes long and is based on my own beliefs, personal experiences and interpretations. Please skip to 2:41:21 for a 30 minute discussion on physical, mental and spiritual preparations you can take if you do not want to watch the whole video. You are welcome to your own beliefs, opinions and disagreements.

If you are interested you can consider the video below:

Kind Regards,
Christopher

·
I love the smell of Argon in the morning
2,850 Posts
You summarized it and it's still 3 hours and 12 mins long?????:surrender:

I pass!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I bet half of this is you reading scripture --we all have Bibles.
I would love to watch this, but I have limits to time spent watching someone talk.
Would be great if it was transcribed since I can read faster than most videos.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is transcribed, the letter in PDF format is linked under the youtube video so you can read if you prefer.

Most of the video is not me reading scripture but to go over Matthew events and Revelation, the key events and advising physical, mental and spiritual preparations in enough detail to be useful was not something I could condense more than this. This was designed to give my family and friends and anyone who wanted to listen a good summary of what the Bible says of the end times and how you can prepare.

I understand if it's too long though, you don't have to watch. The link is --------https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtGXKI7_luw--------- (remove dashes)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd be interested in a summary less than 15 minutes long.
I was thinking of making a shorter version of my video to give the very basics of what I was saying but I'm not sure.

If you already know about Matthew/Revelation and the end times as described by the Bible then that's good. To advise on these issues and methods of preparation I couldn't get it shorter than what it was hehe. When I wrote the letter I was unsure how long it would take me to read it. Though I understand the difficulty with the length. Thanks

·
Banned
592 Posts
Wish I had the stamina and time to watch it all the way thru in one sitting.. as they say "well begun is half done".

Not that I have any right to complain , for the few brave souls who Followed the link I provided to an epic 5 year running thread on Fukushima I participated in and contributed to and got a start on reading it.. it should be obvious that I have some intimate background.. weapons, more than reactors, but I'm pretty good on reactors as well.

My whole career was center around nuclear weapons, and perhaps too late I realized how profoundly evil they were. And I still don't think we can write the possibility of nuclear Armageddon off .. and I confess I worry if God's grace and salvation extends to folks like me that spend a goodly part of my life making sure the utter destruction of life on this planet was not only possible but quick and easy.

For those that think Hiroshima or Nagasaki are somehow typical of nuclear weapons, let me assure you.. they are only typical of what today is considered a tactical battlefield weapon , and a small one at that.. Todays nukes that would be used in a strategic exchange start at least one or two orders of magnitude larger and can be 3 or 4 orders of magnitude larger.. and if used will not be one or two weapons but one or two thousand weapons. Megatons ( millions of tons ) not Kilotons ( thousands of tons) of TNT equivalent. The two weapons used in WW2 were nominally around 15 Kilotons each.

Anyway.. here is short letter/ sermon , about a page long, written by the Chaplin of the US Air Force Squadron that dropped those bombs.

Most of what goes into any nuclear war is going to be so far outside the hands or control of the average citizen, aka "the targets" as to make any thought that they might have any say in the matter laughable, but the Letter is still worth reading from a moral perspective.

http://www.plough.com/en/topics/justice/nonviolence/blessing-the-bombs.

It may seem odd to some, that being the big advocate for the military that I am .. to be posting and endorsing this letter. But it really isn't, I got involved with the military and really big weapons back when they were the " only" option. I don't think most folks realize how drastically things and technology have changed .. today smart weapons have replaced 1000 bomber conventional attacks as far as the ability to destroy the targets of military value that we once sent 1000 planes to destroy and missed half the time ( keep in mind, stream of 1000 bombers all trying to hit the same factory could take two hours for all of them to fly over and drop on a target, we can destroy the whole planet, start to finish in less time than that now.), collateral damage is measured in one or two lives or the wrong car or house now, not in 1000's of lives and square blocks of cities. I am not sure that one is any less or more a sin than the other, but it does make it easier for my little mortal mind to accept that God's infinite saving grace can be extended to folks who spent their lives doing the kind of evil I participated in.

I am all for prepping and I advocate for folks to have the knowledge to deliver babies so the human race as a whole might continue and survive, but however prepared you are or might be to survive the worst of times , they day will come to us all, even in the best of times, that we will meet our Maker and have to account for our sins. And I know I got a lot of 'splainin' to do ( yes I know explaining doesn't work, only true contrition and confession) . my recommendation , is , while understanding we are all mortal and fall short and are sinners.. to try nd keep the sins as small and as few as possible, at least within what you understand and believe is forgivable. I worry about that a lot personally for myself.

·
Time Traveler
3,917 Posts
Sorry, couldn't force myself to watch a feature length video. If I may be so bold, take one small aspect of your subject and make a video of UNDER 15 minutes. Pick another aspect and the same thing. Let people eat the elephant one byte (pun intended) at a time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ammo Sgt - Wow very interesting. Thank you for your post and the information. That was a very interesting article, great post.
The weapons in this day and age are unprecedented in their destruction. Over 20,000 nukes, most of which are far more powerful than those of old. We have nukes that can destroy states and small countries, we have nukes that can cause tsunami's and destroy coastal cities. We have missile systems that can carry 10+ warheads, evade missile defence systems and reach across the world, even shortly going into orbit and back to strike their target. Crazy indeed. We have reached the pinnacle. Something will give soon.

Technology has become a curse for mankind. It goes for any scientists and developers for weapons, they tend to end up being used for horrible purposes.

Brother as long as you repent with sincerity of your deeds and earlier beliefs and seek the Lord He will forgive you. I'm sure of it. You have learned from the mindset you were in and how these things can come about with people thinking it is their best intentions. It is important to understand evil and deception. When you show the strength to turn from it and repent, you are strong indeed, and guarded against future attempts to deceive you. If you allow yourself to remember what led you to those things and where you may have made the wrong turns, or understanding what it would later achieve, you are gaining experience and understanding. I believe the Lord will forgive you, if you seek His forgiveness in humility and turn from sin. I don't mean to preach just wanted to say that brother! Thanks for your post.

Again everyone, apologies for the length. I have come up with an alternative solution. Please skip the video to 2:41:21. There is a 30 minute discussion on how to prepare physically, mentally and spiritually. This gives a good summary of certain issues and will give you an insight into the rest of the video. You don't have to watch all 30 minutes, but it is a good place to start if you don't want to watch the whole video.

I'll look at making a <15minute summarised version with the very key points, at least to introduce the 3hr video. Thanks.

·
Banned
592 Posts
We actually have made some progress on reducing the number of warheads , and made some pretty interesting deals in the process.. US rectors have been running on diluted down Russian nuke warheads for over a decade. in fact we ran out of Russian warheads a few years back http://www.world-nuclear.org/inform...ary-warheads-as-a-source-of-nuclear-fuel.aspx

But my point in this post is two memorable phrases/ concepts came out of the Cold War .. M.A.D. ( Mutually assured destruction ) and overkill .. we had at one point counting all the Powers nukes , something on the order of enough power to kill everybody 10 times over, you know the three is two and two is one prepping concept.. on steroids ... now we have reduced stockpiles and dialed it back to maybe two times dead for everybody and we have increased our chances of actually shooting some down... the really good news is it is no longer in question if the glowing cinder will be able to maintain orbit around the sun .. it will...

I find it amazing that nations can prep to destroy all life on the plant to that extend and be considered prudent/ sound national policy ... but I stockpile 10 bricks of 22lr and I am a crazy prepper ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've made a shorter five part summary series on the end times, discussing the basics of what I discuss in my longer 3 hour video but with new content.

Here are the links to Parts 1 and 2, each video is 20m long which should be easier to view than the longer one:

Thanks

·
Registered
768 Posts
Here is what I don't understand. If you truly believe in the end of times being upon us and you believe in a biblical afterlife...they why would you want to waist time scrapping around here instead of being in the presence of God? Seems that it's "a just in case my faith fails me" situation. Just a question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is what I don't understand. If you truly believe in the end of times being upon us and you believe in a biblical afterlife...they why would you want to waist time scrapping around here instead of being in the presence of God? Seems that it's "a just in case my faith fails me" situation. Just a question.
I'm living my life on the earth, trying to be closer to God and to do what God wants me to do. I feel I will be here during the coming tribulation and times of chaos and darkness, which I feel will soon be upon us all. I don't have a great fear of death. Is what you are suggesting that believers who believe the Lord is returning and that tribulation is coming should commit suicide? That's pretty absurd to suggest, even for someone who doesn't know of Jesus.

I am preparing myself for these times, as we are advised to do by the Word of God, we are told we will see the signs and the day will be as a thief upon those in darkness. I don't believe in the pre-tribulation rapture, that all believers are going to be taken from the earth before the tribulation and before they suffer. I believe we will be upon the earth during the trials and tribulation before the return of Christ, and we must overcome and be strong in our faith. I see many signs of these days being upon us, and times of great death, chaos and difficulty. I am discussing the Word of God to strengthen people for the coming times. You are welcome to consider the videos or not.

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
I believe as a child of God ( trust and faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ), and as the Bible clearly teaches,

That I will be taken up to meet Jesus in the air( if I'm still living at the time he returns. if not living , Ill be raised from the grave to meet him ) , before the Great Tribulation, and the Antichrist begins his reign for 7 years on earth.

I also believe things leading up to that time can, and mostly likely will, get very bad,
So that's the things I try to prepare for to make it easier on my family.

Now that's my belief , and I will not, (no need to) comment on it any further.

:)

Jim

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm living my life on the earth, trying to be closer to God and to do what God wants me to do. I feel I will be here during the coming tribulation and times of chaos and darkness, which I feel will soon be upon us all. I don't have a great fear of death. Is what you are suggesting that believers who believe the Lord is returning and that tribulation is coming should commit suicide? That's pretty absurd to suggest, even for someone who doesn't know of Jesus.

I am preparing myself for these times, as we are advised to do by the Word of God, we are told we will see the signs and the day will be as a thief upon those in darkness. I don't believe in the pre-tribulation rapture, that all believers are going to be taken from the earth before the tribulation and before they suffer. I believe we will be upon the earth during the trials and tribulation before the return of Christ, and we must overcome and be strong in our faith. I see many signs of these days being upon us, and times of great death, chaos and difficulty. I am discussing the Word of God to strengthen people for the coming times. You are welcome to consider the videos or not.
How the hell did you get commit suicide from that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How the hell did you get commit suicide from that?
What do you mean by this? "If you truly believe in the end of times being upon us and you believe in a biblical afterlife...they why would you want to waist time scrapping around here instead of being in the presence of God? "

I am in the presence of God because our bodies are the temple of God. But I thought you were trying to suggest suicide from your statement. Apologies for the misinterpretation.

phideaux, I have read the Word that talks about those areas. I believe the Word tells us this will happen (being caught up in the air, in the rapture) at the end of the tribulation at the trumpet when Christ returns, but you are welcome to believe what you want. I see the Word describing persecution, death and war being made against those with faith to Christ during the tribulation by the beast, dragon, Babylon etc. and I believe the Word is clear saints will be on the earth during this time. However, it doesn't mean people can't be taken away before this occurs, I only say that people should prepare either way and be strong in their faith until death and they will receive the crown of life. You don't have to discuss this further, but you can see my video if you want to see my perspective of what the Word says on these issues. It's good that you are preparing for the times for your family, they are getting worse and will only continue to do so. Thanks for your comment Jim. Chris

·
Registered
768 Posts
It sounds like you think we are already living in the end of days. I've read Revelations plenty of times and it sounded pretty clear that it would be a sh*t storm of badness. That book used to be one of my "go tos" as a kid until I found Song of Soloman. So my initial response states as such: if you are 100% sure of your faith and believe in what's to come, your pretty much a spiritual baddass. You don't have to worry about where your food is coming. Many of the prophets didn't. God provided. More so they were told directly to forgo their own human worries and shortcomings and place their Trust in the Almighty. Common trope in most every Old Testament book. If I'm a spiritual badass and I'm dealing with "baddies"or maybe "not baddies"around every turn, it seems like doing what I need to do to survive here on Earth is just the opposite of doing what Jesus would do. I wouldn't want to do anything that might separate me further from God or potentially break me. A spiritual badass would walk the Earth like Jesus did, helping people and let God sort out the evils of men on Earth. I wish I could be a spiritual badass. I think older people play that role much better than younger people. To many what ifs early in life compared to, "no changing things now, but the good Lord forgives." Peace out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
It sounds like you think we are already living in the end of days. I've read Revelations plenty of times and it sounded pretty clear that it would be a sh*t storm of badness. That book used to be one of my "go tos" as a kid until I found Song of Soloman. So my initial response states as such: if you are 100% sure of your faith and believe in what's to come, your pretty much a spiritual baddass. You don't have to worry about where your food is coming. Many of the prophets didn't. God provided. More so they were told directly to forgo their own human worries and shortcomings and place their Trust in the Almighty. Common trope in most every Old Testament book. If I'm a spiritual badass and I'm dealing with "baddies"or maybe "not baddies"around every turn, it seems like doing what I need to do to survive here on Earth is just the opposite of doing what Jesus would do. I wouldn't want to do anything that might separate me further from God or potentially break me. A spiritual badass would walk the Earth like Jesus did, helping people and let God sort out the evils of men on Earth. I wish I could be a spiritual badass. I think older people play that role much better than younger people. To many what ifs early in life compared to, "no changing things now, but the good Lord forgives." Peace out.
I say in my videos I believe we are on the verge of the beginning of sorrows. So about to enter the wars, famine, leading into the great tribulation period (events described in revelation, 7 seals, global government, beast kingdom etc). So yeah I don't believe we're there yet, but I see a steady decline and see the trajectory.

I also see the strength those who stand for God under penalty of death and without concern for themselves, it's incredible. I am trying to prepare myself with the Word of what it tells us is coming. If we are coming into these times, we may all have to choose whether to renounce God and accept the beast, or to stay strong in faith to God even at the cost of death.

I don't know what the future will hold exactly, I just feel from all of my dreams and experiences we are on the edge of these times, and I'm trying to prepare myself and let others know what the Word says about it. I hope to be able to grow in my faith during these times, if these events are on us and continue.

The first four seals are death by war, famine and the beasts of the earth killing 1/4th of the people. We've got a lot of signs of war on the horizon, and I see a lot of other signs, but everyone will see things in their own way. Thanks for your post.

EDIT

I've uploaded the final three parts (20 mins each) of my end times summary series.

The total series (5 parts) is a shorter summary of my 3 hour and 12 min video, giving you a good understanding of what the Bible says of the end times, important concepts of faith in Jesus Christ and how to prepare physically, mentally and spiritually.

Here are the last three links:
Part 3.
Part 4.
Part 5.

Kind Regards, Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.