Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Meoww
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to one of the farmers markets yesterday and got strawberry plants for a 1.00 apiece. I put them in one of the spirals that I made. I think it looks cool.

If anyone is interested how I made the spiral Ill post how I made them.

·
Registered
418 Posts
That is very cool CR ... I have finally convinced the hubby to let me put edibles in the front yard (the light is sooooo much better there) ... That would make a really pretty "decoration" for the corner by the driveway! :D

Any special tricks to it??

·
Meoww
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Measure out the space (in this case it is 3ft X 3ft). Saturate the ground until it will hold no more water. Put down news paper or flatten boxes or in my case paper feed sacks. Saturate the paper as well. there are two reasons 1 it will block weeds and 2 it will rot and give the plants food.

Put down your first layer of soil

start putting your rocks around it

start your spiral before you get to the end

space the rows about six inch apart. when you get about half way around add more dirt. spread it out and continue until you get to the top. keep adding dirt it should rise as you go.

It took me an hour and a half to make the small one. This is the big one 6ft X 6ft

This is the small one

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Startin some strawberries in containers this year with the idear a plantin em in beds next year (I just ain't gonna have the time ta build a strawberrie bed right now!) an I like that spiral idear. Might have ta put a couple a them in to! Rite nice thought there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts