Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest son is having surgery tomorrow morning, adenoids and tonsils need to come out. Just like his brother had to have done back when he was the same age. He just turned 3 years old and is not very excited about this event. As his father I would rather fight off a bear with a pocket knife than have to trust his well-being to a group of medical people I do not know. But fear and worry are not attributes I have time for in my life so we move forward. Several people from my church are coming to pray with him before his procedure, and of course my wife and I will be there too, but the more voices that reach out to heaven the better. As God loves to be reminded of His covenants, I would ask those of you who believe to take a moment to thank him for his divine protection and guaranteed healing of my son (Psalm 91 & Psalm 103). And those of you who do not, pray anyway as God still hears you even in your disbelief; or if you would rather please just have a positive thought for my baby boy. I will report back tomorrow, right now I have to go buy some freezer pops and chocolate ice cream. :)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
May Gods angels surround your son and God guide the hands of the surgeons.

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
Get the ice pops with the veggies in them. That way you can still be a sneaky parent even while he feels crumby.

BTW Prayers for your family.

·
Supporting Member
3,243 Posts
Prayers for your little guy! No dairy, it thickens the mucus which will require him to cough harder to get it out.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sending prayers to you and yours already giving thanks that your little one will be ok.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Knee-mail inbound.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
I was six when I had my tonsils out at a time they were promising kids they could have all the ice cream they wanted after they woke up from surgery. Do they still make that same promise? I didn't get one bite of ice cream while I was in the hospital. I think that was the precursor to "bait and switch". No matter how I tried, hot chicken bouillon didn't taste like ice cream!

Yes, after all these years I'm still bearing a grudge!

I'm sure Little Sentry will come through the operation with flying colors; however, it always seems to be harder on the parents. I will include you and yours in my nightly prayers. I look forward to an update along with any special treats the little guy was able to eat.

·
883 Posts
Stading with you believing for your boys safe surgery and quick recovery.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Sent up a prayer for the Lords protection and speedy healing for your " little one".

I have no doubt that the Lord has him safely tucked in his loving arms. :)

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update:

The boy is doing as well as can be expected. He was not happy when he had to leave his Momma's arms and was even less happy when he came out of recovery. But as soon as the two of them were cuddled up in his room things got a whole lot better. Once his pain meds kicked in things got a whole lot loopier. The Sr. Pastor brought him some matchbox cars and the Family Pastor brought him a stuffed monkey. Both of which took away the pain for a little while. The Mother-Son tandem is now resting and re-hydrating for a while before coming home. Thank you all so much for your prayers and well wishes. I offer you all this blessing from Luke 6:38 "Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full-pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.". Bless you all. God is great.

·
108 Posts
I was six when I had my tonsils out at a time they were promising kids they could have all the ice cream they wanted after they woke up from surgery. Do they still make that same promise?
They did when mine had his out 10 years ago. Made the promise. It was done outpatient.

Wish I had seen this earlier Sentry. Prayers to your family!

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They had him drink ice water then right away offered him a Popsicle. An hour later he had 3-4 spoonfuls of chocolate ice cream. Our Pediatrician said "It's better to keep him eating and happy". So he alternates between treats and ice water. The said when he gets home milk and/or chocolate milk is just fine. If it doesn't work for him he will refuse it on his own.

·
446 Posts
Sorry I missed this post earlier. Glad to hear he's doing OK. :2thumb:
I had my tonsils taken out at age 32. Not fun at all (it's my understanding that the older you are, the rougher it is). I was the last one done at 11 a.m.- all the others were children. I woke up in the back of the nurses station (day surgery) about 3 and thought I was dying. My wife pointed out 3 or 4 kids walking up and down the hall eating ice cream and told me they were done before me and what was my problem? :teehee:

·
594 Posts
Sorry I missed this post earlier. Glad to hear he's doing OK. :2thumb:
I had my tonsils taken out at age 32. Not fun at all (it's my understanding that the older you are, the rougher it is). I was the last one done at 11 a.m.- all the others were children. I woke up in the back of the nurses station (day surgery) about 3 and thought I was dying. My wife pointed out 3 or 4 kids walking up and down the hall eating ice cream and told me they were done before me and what was my problem? :teehee:
I agree TimB, definitely no fun the older you are, I was 16, the same deal, stuck in with a bunch of kids.

Sentry, hope the recovery is still going well .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts