Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Nice setup there, but, something that I don't remember seeing in that list is some kind of manual can-opener and I don't know if you have it in your first-aid-kit but a set of nail-clippers can be used for more than just clipping nails - I also use them to cut-out the skin that has taken a sliver. They are easier to use than a knife (trust me, I KNOW!) for doing small surgical proceedures and a little less painfull.

I have both a LeatherMan Squirt and Micra - you might like their size added to your EDC or BOB.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Ahh .. the ellusive can-opener! :2thumb:

Good setup there.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I can't see that happening with all the large "industrial" sized cans (aka #10)that are in the warehouses holding Heinz ketchup, mustard, soups, stews and freeze-dried foods.

For single-portion foods that is geared towards a single-meal that can be put into a microwave for a person's lunch, then, yes, I can see the pull-tabs gaining greater market share.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I had a wake-up call today as well. I went to make some grilled-cheeze sandwiches to go with the tomato soup for lunch and couldn't find the bread. Seems all of it was used up. I guess I should be on top of baking the bread a little more - or - have a couple of store-bought loaves hiding in the freezer just in case, eh?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.