YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... is a Morman ..

Never would've thunk it!

·
Banned
2,601 Posts
What a beautiful young lady and Violinist.

·
1,182 Posts
Two of my favorite bands also have Mormon members: The Aquabats and Imagine Dragons. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints keeps producing amazing artists.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Very nice ... and to each their own religion.

If it works for you ... go for it!

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have posted many videos that LindseyStirling has done over the years and always knew that there was something different about her - good clean happy fun in the videos.

Glad that you enjoyed that little bit!

·
902 Posts
The lead singer for The Killers is also Mormon. I love that she talks about her struggles, too.

Sent from my HTC One SV using Survival Forum mobile app

·
Solar Cooker
446 Posts
I have posted many videos that LindseyStirling has done over the years and always knew that there was something different about her - good clean happy fun in the videos.

Glad that you enjoyed that little bit!
I just found this and enjoyed the video and message as well.
...that is something that is lacking so much nowadays is good, clean, positive influences, especially in today's media.

...I have to admit, I have always liked The Sound of Music as well...even when I was a kid...:D Good music and uplifting messages.

QUESTION: How do you post videos on this forum where it shows the video and not just the link?

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just found this and enjoyed the video and message as well.
...that is something that is lacking so much nowadays is good, clean, positive influences, especially in today's media.

...I have to admit, I have always liked The Sound of Music as well...even when I was a kid...:D Good music and uplifting messages.

QUESTION: How do you post videos on this forum where it shows the video and not just the link?
If you quote my original message and read the code, you will see what needs to be there.

Short version of the info:

You need to use HTTP:// not HTTPS://

You need to have www.youtube.com

You need to have the video-code-characters.

In the case of Lindsey's video "Shatter Me"

http://

www.youtube.com/

watch?v=49tpIMDy9BE

Shows as such:

You can just simply copy/paste that URL from the address-bar into the message and it will do what needs to be done auto-magically if "Parse-links" is checked-on.

·
Banned
687 Posts
Love the music but have to ask the question about her faith ... so? Not being facetious or condemning, even though I have strong faith beliefs that not all here agree with and one would conflict with hers. I don't want to debate the correctness or lack thereof of her beliefs, I'm just curious as to why it matters that she is a mormon. Have I missed something or is it just an interesting tidbit you wanted to share?

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
People are surprised by Mormons, but they're pretty versatile in foreign language/political-diplomatic venues too. Their study of foreign language comes from their commitment to witnessing and missionary in foreign lands. They parlay that ability into employment. Take a quick look on the internet into where call centers are building in locations with Mormon populations.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Two of my favorite bands also have Mormon members: The Aquabats and Imagine Dragons. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints keeps producing amazing artists.
Aquabats???!!! Excellent choice! Due to my wife having to work today, we are having turkey tomorrow. That makes today "Pizza Day"!

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love the music but have to ask the question about her faith ... so? Not being facetious or condemning, even though I have strong faith beliefs that not all here agree with and one would conflict with hers. I don't want to debate the correctness or lack thereof of her beliefs, I'm just curious as to why it matters that she is a mormon. Have I missed something or is it just an interesting tidbit you wanted to share?
Just a random bit of information ... nothing more than that.

·
Banned
687 Posts
Just a random bit of information ... nothing more than that.
Fair enough. I thought as much but it was equally possible that there was some importance I was missing. sometimes I can be a little blind to the obvious. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts