Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres some pics of my BOB. Feel free to critique any and all advice wanted.
Also if you want to post a picture of your BOB.

Note: The air rifle, blow gun,Bow, and slingshot would be divided between 4 people. Also the empty can is to cook food over a fire.
Not pictured: Blow gun darts ,Clothes, and a fishing rod that breaks down into 1' long pieces. And my everyday carry knives. (3)

Items list
8 bottles of water
camel back with cover
clear refillable water bottle
cotton balls (firestarting)
paper towels(firestarting)
Clorox wipes and germex in a bag
ponchos
deoderant
shampoo (hotel kind)
body wash (hotel kind)
hand sanitizer
neosporin
facewipes
bandanna
multitool
watch
watch batteries
swiss army type knife
1 disposable lighter
1 refill able lighter
magnesium fire starter
4 rolls of steel wool
2 9 volt batterys
2 bottles of super glue
Led light
knife sharpener
waterproof bag
water purifyer
chafer fuel can
empty can for cooking
3 small jif singles
1 jar of jif
2 bags of beef jerky
3 cups of apple sauce
2 cans of vienna sausage
6 water flavorers with protein and electrolytes
3 fruit roll ups
tuna
2 cliff bars
1 fiber bar
3 granola bars
2 small candles
shoe goo
2 compasses 1 with built in thermometer
spanish to english dictionary
mosquito net
grass net (the type you put over new grass seeds) (it makes a great fishing net)
shower curtain(water collection)
map of U.S.A
E-tape
50 feet of para cord
some nylon cord
2 bungee cords
hoodie string
small tarp
large tarp
garbage bags
2 decks of playing cards
space blanket
William Johnstone Book
composition notebook
pens and pencils
2500 bbs

2nd picture
pump air rifle
2500 bbs
300 pellets
blowgun
bow
arrows
slingshot
ball barrings for slingshot

This is my BOB. My mom, brother, and dad have theirs.
It weighs only 55lbs.

Attachments

·
I put SAs on IGNORE!
2,426 Posts
Collaspable water bucket...your mom or dad may already have this... I see the shower curtain for water collection but....

Sunscreen

And maybe a couple of Hormel Compleats , narrow, real food and easy to carry..

That's all i can think of!

Good job!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
So far you're doing well with the items in your bag. Have you considered getting a pair of binoculars? They can be bought for a reasonable price. If you're ever in a situation where you would have to leave your home and travel during an emergency, it would be a useful thing to have in your BOB.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 2 sets of binoculars ad one spotting scope. I plan on straping th lighter binoculars on and the scope i I have to BO but I use them too much to have them always in the pack. They both have caes with loops so I can easily attatch them with a carabiner.

·
The Future?
2,400 Posts
BOB looks pretty thorough! My thoughts are to upgrade your rifle to a 22 LR. Pellet gun is good at close range only.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I need to buy a bigger pack. I found one at walmart that my dad has for 30$
Its held up well and its double the size of the one I hsve now.
What food should I put in once I get my new pack.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Hey Lex- a couple days ago some friends and I went for a 9 mile hike. I was wearing jeans (not shorts) and boots (and of course a tshirt) and carrying a standard school type backpack containing only 5 bottles of Propel and a few granola bars. It was 90°plus and I drank all but one of the Propels and was still thirsty. It's surprising how much water you need when it's extremely hot and you're on the move.

On the other hand, it's REALLY surprising how much water you need when it's NOT hot and you're working hard or walking fast/long distance.

Your pack is really impressive, but as a thought, carry a water filter instead of a whole mess of water-it's lighter and you can make your own potable water as you need it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I need to buy a bigger pack. I found one at walmart that my dad has for 30$
Its held up well and its double the size of the one I hsve now.
I recently purchased a second pack - I have six members of my family and could not store all of our kit items in one backpack. I was able to pick up a used military large sized ALICE pack w/frame for $25 including shipping off of ebay. The pack came in very good condition from a military surplus store in Tulsa.

Now I am trying to find a way to best organize the items between the two packs.

Good luck!

·
I put SAs on IGNORE!
2,426 Posts
I recently purchased a second pack - I have six members of my family and could not store all of our kit items in one backpack. I was able to pick up a used military large sized ALICE pack w/frame for $25 including shipping off of ebay. The pack came in very good condition from a military surplus store in Tulsa.

Now I am trying to find a way to best organize the items between the two packs.

Good luck!
That was a good buy on the Alice pack. I'm off to look at eBay!

·
Registered
10 Posts
That was a good buy on the Alice pack. I'm off to look at eBay!
It took me awhile to find that good of a deal on a large ALICE pack. Most I saw were in the $40 range, unless you wanted one that was showing more wear.

For Father's Day, I had asked my wife to give me a gift certificate to Canfields, and outdoor sporting / surplus store here in Omaha. She gave me the cash instead, which was a blessing. I have found that I can find much better pricing if I shop around and wait for good items on ebay. Nothing but good experiences the last couple months shopping for camping / survival equipment. The sellers I have used have been good to deal with.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.