Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
November, 2016. Paid off an S&W M&P 15 Sport II T Tritstate Jewelery and Lawn in Huntington, WV. Got home and sprayed Tech Lube down the barrel at both ends. Did both the bolt carrier group and charging handle, likewise, too.

Because I knew of 'bolt override jams' I loaded my Hexmag Series 2 with 25 rounds of PMC SP ammo. I use only SP, V-MAX, or lead core hollowpoint ammo to avoid over-penetration. The weapon functioned flawlessly.

However, I see the stock AR-15 as gem in the rough that need upgrades to increase to reliability. So I did the following upgrades. In hind sight, I should have chosen my upgrades better:

A. GOOD UPGRADE: RELIABILITY: Troy Industries folding metal 'SOCC' rear sight. Worked FLAWLESSLY.

B. BAD UPGRADE: RELIABILITY: CAR-15A2 style handguard with metal heat shield internal. Over heated in rapid fire drill in August heat, leading to heat stress jam. The weapon had to be allowed to cool down function again.

C BAD UPGRADE: RELIABILITY: Strike Industries large latch ambi charging handle. Fail to work 'B'-mentioned event.

D. BAD UPGRADE: RELIABILITY: Mako Tactical Steel magazines. They were 'sticky' in insertion and removal.

E. GOOD UPGRADE: RELIABILTY: HEXMAG SERIES 2 30 rounds down loaded to 25 rounds. Inserted, ran, and extracted both smoothly and reliably, too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PART II

RELIABILITY UPGRADES:

A. Strike Industries VIPER HANDGUARD: Brilliant design! It has more than enough ventilation
holes in tandem with its internal metal shield. Never too hot to shoot. Additionally, you can get pictanny rail attachments for sling mounts and like accessoiries, too.

B. Toolcraft Nickel Boron BCG-runs and cleans more easily than stock BCG, too.

C. ASC stainless steel magazines with MARLUBE Finish. Insert, feed, and eject flawlessly.

D. BCM Large latch Ambidextrous large latch 3x3 charging handle. Insert, run, remove are
all flawless.

E. KNS Precision push button pivot take down pins. Utterly reliable and durable. Note: You'll
need an L tool to remove the stock pivot takedown pins, springs, detents.

F. 'HOPPE's 9 GUN MEDIC CLEANER&LUBE QUICK FIX'. Helps my AR run flawlessly.

I gave my M&P 15 Sport 2 to an ally. I now run an Aero Precision, AM-15. which I shall post a
separate thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts