Much - about nothing ...

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by NaeKid, Jun 16, 2011.

1. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

An interesting article in today's Calgary Sun newspaper:

2. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

Theres lots of money in fear mongering.

3. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Excellent article. Reminds me of the book, The Population Bomb, by Paul and Anne Ehrlich. He made lots of specific doom and gloom predictions about the future. He was wrong on nearly every one. It's amazing that when some religious nut-case makes false predictions the media jumps all over him but have a left-wing, enviro-fruitcake be wrong and no one says a word about their credibility.

He also failed to figure in the human ingenuity factor.

4. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

The french in some cities used the traffic generated horse manure to heat soil under cloches Row cover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for a longer food growing season. New york could use longer grownig seasons.
    Most waste/ problems can be used efficiently is somebody tries, but some people just like to complain,but never offer solutions.:gaah:

5. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

neither did Malthus... :dunno:

reminds me of this Washington Post (Associated Press) article:

PS, it's from November of 1922 :eek: :rolleyes: :nuts:

[​IMG]

http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/changing-artic_monthly_wx_review.png

from 1910-1959 ocean temps rose...

from 1960-1990 the fell or maintained...

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944914,00.html

Monday, Jun. 24, 1974 Another Ice Age?

in 1991 the U.S.S.R. fell, abandoning over 60% of all artic circle & 'above' weather/climate monitoring stations...

... temps dramatically rose :hmmm:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  6. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

My father's gardens grew lush on the manure generated by my sister's horses......
    Just find a 'market' for the stuff - even manure can be 'gold'. ;)

7. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

:eek: horse manure! :eek: It's great after it's mellowed for a year or so, but I have seen people load it onto their garden fresh (less than 1 week old) & then wonder why their plants 'burned'... even after I warned em'

I really hate when people ask for advice & then choose not to follow it, all the while *****ing about their 'sorry lot'.