Movie reviews

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by jnrdesertrats, Nov 14, 2010.

1. jnrdesertrats

jnrdesertrats Noob

I have been on travel for a few weeks, with way to much time on my hands. I read some, used the work out facilities did some chistmas shopping and even found the end of the internet.

I did see several movies and thought I would share my experiences. I am no film critic and am easily entertained, Shiny object syndrome.

RED with Morgan Freeman and Bruce Willis
    I really enjoyed it. They and a few others are retired CIA and someone decides they need to go. Well even in thier retirement they keep thier skills sharp so that doesn't go so well for the bad guy's. It is full of good laughs.

Hereafter with Matt Damon and directed by Clint Eastwood
    I enjoyed this movie also. I was full on intrigue and not all that predicatble. Most movies I have already figured out the end halfway though it.

Due Date with Robert Downey Jr. and the pot smoker from Letterman.
    Really just stupid funny. Unrealistic car crashes and chase scenes but worth the $8.50

Skyline
    Way disappointing. The title should have been Skyline 1, the end is just the beginning. If they are not paying War of the worlds for borrowed ideas they should be.

2. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Thanks for the heads up on Skyline...it sounds like a wait for DVD and then not rent it sort.

3. lexsurivor

lexsurivor Well-Known Member

Sorry if my question is ignorant but I don't see what this has to do with prepping.

4. jnrdesertrats

jnrdesertrats Noob

Well nothing I suppose.

Unless someone was prepping to see a movie, or wanted to take a break from reality for a moment. :surrender:

5. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

My sister saw "Reds" and thought it was too gory, so I enjoyed reading someone else's opinion.

I enjoy a movie to be in a different "reality" for a while! And it expands our frame of reference. Some of the actions and solutions in movies are applicable to saving our butts if the SHTF.

And by the way, the SHTF in many forms, some more serious than others. There is no blanket description of what we're preparing for, and how we're doing it.

Thanks for the movie reviews, jnrdesertrats.

And thanks, lex, for trying to keep our feet on the ground! We do get carried away sometimes, don't we? :D

:)

6. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

This just goes to show people that we are a well-rounded and multi-talented group of preppers.

7. thunderdan19

thunderdan19 Shoots to Thrill

Thus the fully appropriate location of this thread in "General Chit-Chat"...

Must we really be so comletely boresighted on prep that we can't enjoy a simple movie thread for the social fun of it?

Besides, why not enjoy movies now as books will likely be the only source of entertainment after TEOTWAWKI?

8. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

thunderdan19 - I moved the thread into a more appropriate area late last night ..

9. thunderdan19

thunderdan19 Shoots to Thrill

Ah, the comment makes a bit more sense now... :D