Movie Green Zone

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by bunkerbob, Aug 4, 2010.

1. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I watched the film 'Green Zone' last night, it was terrible, anti-military, anti-American, anti-war, and definitely anti-Bush. If an officer, Chief Warrant Officer Miller(Matt Damon), acted in that way when I was in the service he would at least be reprimanded or even court martialed for insubordination. Striking a high level diplomat and getting no consequences or punishment? Going off on his own to pursue his own agenda?
    Has the military degraded to this? I don't think so.

2. kristyle

kristyle Member

i feel the film is ok..i like it

3. JeepHammer

JeepHammer Well-Known Member

If you think the war in Iraq wasn't fabricated by Haliburton, then you aren't seeing things very clearly...

GWB was (and still is) an idiot.
    The war in Iraq was fabricated to steal more than 12 BILLION a month from the US tax payers.

If Regan/Bush-I would have kept the promises in Afghanistan,
    Build schools, hospitals, drill wells, provide a market for Afghan produce from farms, then the Taliban wouldn't have been able to take the country.

I was there the FIRST TIME, when the soviets occupied the country,
    I was a military trainer,
    And there were some big promises made to the Afghan people, none of which were kept after the Soviets pulled out in '89.

Everything promised to the Afghan people/country were ignored, and the country was completely cut off, completely devastated, and the Taliban was free to take over... And they DID!
    Power vacuum, and they filled it.

I blame the entire thing in Afghanistan on Bush I.
    I blame the entire Iraq war on Bush II and Haliburton and Dick Chaney.

They used 'WMD' and fighting a new 'Crusades' war to fire up simple minded, basically mentally handicapped folks under religious delusion into an Illegal war in Iraq.

Now Bush I is making a quarter of a BILLION dollars a year (250 Million according to his tax forms) from the Saudis fronting for them in the oil business,
    And Haliburton is getting 12 BILLION a month from the US Government to provide 'Services' to our troops in the Iraq war zone...

---------------------------------------------

Now, consider the Republicans started an investigation into 'White Water' when President Clinton was in office...
    That was over $1,300 in taxes, should the Clintons have paid personal taxes or corporate taxes on that $1,300 decrepitude... Which amounted to about $300 in tax liability difference.

It had been investigated by 5 different agencies, including banking regulators, state attorney general, FBI, ect. BEFORE the 'Special Prosecutor' was appointed by congress.
    All 5 agencies had cleared the Clintons...

Of course after 5 investigations Ken Starr couldn't find ANY misconduct with White Water, so he MISUSED his appointment to look into the Clintons personal lives...
    So a Tax Investigation turned up a 'Blue Dress'...

That 'Blue Dress' cost the american taxpayer $6.75 MILLION dollars!

------------------------------------------------------

Now, lets take a look at the 16 BILLION dollars that Haliburton can't account for, according to the GAO (General Accounting Office)...

That's not what they have over charged, hidden, ect.
    That's what they simply 'Lost' over the last few years!

No investigation, no lip service paid on the paid pundit network (lush dimbulb and the like),
    Just 16 billion missing tax dollars Haliburton isn't even being asked to replace since they can't account for it!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now, all of the on site intel said there were no WMD's in Iraq.
    Everyone from the UN to the US military to the CIA said there was no credible intel there were WMD's in Iraq,
    But the Bush administration INSISTED on taking intel from FOREIGN SOURCES,
    And then referenced the same source as a 'Confirmation' when it came through other foreign intelligence agencies...

So the same guy tried to peddle the info to France, England, Poland, ect.
    All the same source, but since it came from different countries,
    The Bush administration decided to believe it although it was from the same primary source, even though it was CONFIRMED the intel was bunk.

Just like the 'Yellow Cake' purchase in Africa,
    Even though ALL our own intelligence agencies said it was hooey from our OWN people,
    Bush still decided to go with FOREIGN SOURCES instead our own people!

And since the CIA, military intelligence, NSA, ect. all disagreed with the administration,
    They got the entire thing dumped in their laps even though they had been warning against an attack, and the raw intel was there about the 9/11 attacks!

It was a 'Failure In Intelligence' alright, but at the WHITE HOUSE, not the CIA, Military Intelligence, ect.!
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I believe 9/11 was a 'Fund Raiser'.
    Something allowed to happen (although I don't believe they thought it was going to be that bad) so the budget would be opened up to those agencies again.

Remember, over 50% of the CIA has less than 5 years experience!
    There was a hiring freeze from the days of Bush I, and the CIA officers retired, not being replaced,
    Military Intel budgets were cut like crazy,

And a big event like 9/11 would open the cash flood gates again...
    When the 'Black Bag' guys did things like this, it was called a 'Fund Raiser'.
    And personally, I think that is EXACTLY what happened.

Let some extremest hijack an air liner and the cash starts flowing again,
    But I don't think they were figuring on 3 to 5 air liners being hijacked...
    Or I don't think they realized they were going to crash them into buildings.
    But anything is possible with the 'Black Bag' types...

------------------------------------------

I'm old enough to remember Reagan nearly bankrupting the country with his little private wars and military buildup (Which is just money flowing into big business with nothing in return,
    Building bombs does nothing to get the interstates fixed, build clean water projects, getting renewable energy that benefits the taxpayer, ect.

How they though it was a good idea to put the straight man to a chimp in office was a good idea, I'll never know,
    But the big businesses lined up behind him with cash, and his wrinkled, Alzheimer's riddled *** got elected!

Big business boomed, but civil liberties eroded, and the country nearly bankrupted while he was trading arms to terrorists and funding secret wars around the globe...

Now skip to Bush II,
    Same deal, with a twist...
    The FBI had information on the 9/11 hijackers, one FBI agent actually wrote a report spelling out the scenario, but the old, entrenched staff decided they were going to fight the 'Cold War' instead of seeing the changing threat,
    And we wound up with 9/11...

Then the 'Village Idiot' that wouldn't take his flight physical and be deployed to Viet-Nam, was recommended for court martial,
    But instead of court martial, the Company Commander was replaced, and GWB was HONORABLY DISCHARGED so he could go to collage which he was a 'D' student, snorted cocaine, drove drunk, ect.

Nothing like being the director of the CIA's kid to get you a free ride as a drunken, stoned frat chimp while your military unit gets deployed to Viet-Nam!
    ----------------------------------------------

You can tell me YOUR version of things all you want to, but I was there and saw it first hand!
    I jointed the military and believed every word that came out of Regan's mouth...
    Until I was deployed and saw what he was doing first hand around the globe...

I don't listen to the paid right wing pundits, they are PAID, so you know what they pump isn't the truth.

I know what I did and saw done in the name of the US, and it's not something I'm proud of...

Bush II & Chaney (Haliburton) left us with an economy in ruins, the largest national debt in history (and when he took office, there was actually a SURPLUS!) and he started an illegal and unnecessary war in Iraq that has set our country back 50 years or more in relations in north Africa and around the world.

The fact that Colin Powell resigned when GWB was re-elected (Second Stolen Election)
    The quote was,
    "This will give me a 4 year head start against the statutes of limitations when the investigations come down.
    One more Republican administration and I'm clear."

That was pretty telling, but NO US news covered that, I had to watch the BBC to hear that sound bite (Open Mic)!
    Everyone talks about the 'Left' media, but it's scared to death of the US Government, so it's about as far 'Right' as can be!

4. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Wow! Where to start without killing a whole day.

You said, "If you think the war in Iraq wasn't fabricated by Haliburton, then you aren't seeing things very clearly..."******
    First of all, Saddam Hussein tried to assassinate an American president on American soil. One good reason that we had to take him out. Secondly, SH DID have WMDs -- 10,000 dead Kurds don't lie. Third, every single intelligence agency in the western world believed SH had them because...........he undoubtably did. There is very good intelligence to indicate they were shipped to Syria ahead of the invasion.

You said, "And there were some big promises made to the Afghan people, none of which were kept after the Soviets pulled out in '89." *****
    Was that tragic and completely without honor? Yes. But can you say "Congress?" Neither president had any support from congress to do what was promised.

You said, "I'm old enough to remember Reagan nearly bankrupting the country with his little private wars and military buildup (Which is just money flowing into big business with nothing in return, Building bombs does nothing to get the interstates fixed, build clean water projects, getting renewable energy that benefits the taxpayer, ect."

Again, WOW. You seem to forget that Reagan won the greatest war ever to face mankind with hardly a shot fired. No other war in history had the potential to exterminate humanity. Did it cost money? Yup. How did he get that money? By essentially bribing a Democrat congress. He got funding for defense (including what libs laughingly called Star Wars, but it proved to be the straw that broke the economic back of the S Union) in exchange for entitlement programs. You also forget that Reagan had to rebuild a military that was so ravaged by Goofus Carter that nearly 50% of our warships could not leave harbor due to lack of parts and fuel at the end of the Carter Admin. Disgraceful -- and dangerous.

I could go on and on, but I don't have the time.

All due respect, but I think you are looking through partisan lenses -- not clear lenses. But, to each his own.