Mother in hospital

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by OldCootHillbilly, Apr 30, 2011.

1. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Had ta put my mother in the hospital yesterday. Got a call from mamma sayin mother had tried callin her an she had missed the call, she tried callin back an she couldn't get her ta answer the phone. I was close ta home an wen't over there. She was havin trouble breatin, asked her if she could make it ta my truck. She said she didn't think so, all I needed ta hear. Called 911 an got a ambulance on the way.

They gave her a breathin treatment an oxygen on the way ta the hospital. They ran lots a tests an taday they have come up with bronchitis an a touch a pnueamonia. Don't think she'll be gettin out fer a couple more days. Tryin ta get her blood pressure down to.

It's not super serious, but anythin like that when yer 92 be serious!

2. BasecampUSA

BasecampUSA Sr. Homesteader

My thoughts and prayers with you tonight, OCH...

3. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

4. Cahri

Cahri Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, know what it is like, lost my dad and my baby brother. Nothing can take the pain away from your loved ones suffering, and then losing them. 92 is a fairly good age but it still hurts , God takes the best .........

5. pmabma

pmabma Well-Known Member

Will be praying for her.

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

My thoughts are with you and yours ...

7. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

I really hope shes alright and doing better.

8. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Praying for your mama.

9. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

You take good care of your Momma! I just lost my last living Gramma today and while we were never ever close I think that she probably was one of the only ones who ever listened when I was younger...
    Sure she was one of those types who found a reason to complain about everything- even her own children commented that she would complain about the hanging rope being scratchy! But ya know, I find today that I still feel like I lost someone very close to me.. Family is still family no matter what. She broke a hip a few weeks ago and I guess that she was just not strong enuf to overcome. Either that or she thought that Gramps was having too much fun in the summerlands without her!;)

10. swede

swede Member

Sending good thoughts your way, Coot.

And Emerald, my condolences.

11. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Oldcoot, please give your Mom our best wishes. Hang in there (both of you).

12. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

My thoughts are with you and yours oldcoot
    Emerald, I lost my father twice. The first time to divorce, the second to his death. Its still painful even thou it happened so long ago.

13. Centraltn

Centraltn Well-Known Member

Coot- hope your mama gt well and back home soon!

14. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Emerald ... condolences.

15. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Coot-sending you and yours all the good thoughts I can muster.

Emerald-sorry to hear of your loss. It always sucks when someone has to go and there's nothing anyone can say to make it better. We've got your back, though, for what that's worth.

16. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Emerald, sorry ta hear bout yalls loss.

17. Sudhira

Sudhira Member

Oldcoothillbilly,

Tell your Mom she has our prayers from out here on the West Coast of Calif.

18. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Best wishes for your Mama's recovery, Coot. She's blessed to have you nearby, and I'm sure that's an encouragement for her.

Emerald, sorry about your Grandma. Sounds like she had some special points. Being a listener is a gift.

19. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

While I've been in my own little world with no power and tornado damage, I have neglected thinking of others....:cry:

rev coot , your mother is in my prayers today.

emerald, I am so, so sorry for your loss...you will be in my prayers as well.

20. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Your family is in my prayers.