Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supporting Member
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought some folks on this site might like to know... Mother Earth News is having an earth day sale, still in effect as of a few minutes ago (Saturday evening Eastern Time) - but I don't know how long it will be going on.

They have a DVD compilation of 40 years of back issues, regularly $60, on sale for $25 (with a code listed right there with the item). They also have some other article compilations on CD on sale for $5. I believe many of the books they have are on sale, too.

To find the 'store' - once you're on the homepage: Organic Gardening, Modern Homesteading, Renewable Energy, Green Homes, Do it Yourself Projects look on the right hand side (down a ways) and click on 'shop mother earth'. I explain this because I didn't think it was all that intuitive myself...

Could be some good resources for folks. Happy shopping. ;)

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Gee, thanks for the info, goshengirl. Those first couple of decades of Mother Earth News were especially valuable for the do-it-yourselfers, and no doubt useful from a prep standpoint. Sounds like a good deal, 40 years of information for $25.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Boo, I missed it. Price is back up to 59.95. But that would still be a good deal to have all those articles dating back so far. Mother Earth News is my second favorite magazine, behind Backwoods Home Magazine. Love love me some Jackie Clay

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I get an e-mail every other week with the SAME deal... soon as I get the next one, I'll post it for all ya'all

·
Sr. Homesteader
437 Posts
Ba$tards charged me $68.00 !! that promotion code is no good and the page it is advertised on does not have a validity date / cutoff date on it... I'll be calling thier customer service tomorrow to cancel it...

I already have every issue from 1970 to 1996 ! Four full printer-paper boxes stuffed with them!

I once loved M. E. N. before they went commercial and turned into a country-fied Mechanix Illustrated with more commercial ads than useful material.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered and received the Complete Mother Earth News Wiser Living Set, a compilation of bookazines for $25.00(plus S&H) and am satisfied. Lots of useful information, especially about gardening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts