Mother Earth News *sale*

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by goshengirl, Apr 23, 2011.

1. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Thought some folks on this site might like to know... Mother Earth News is having an earth day sale, still in effect as of a few minutes ago (Saturday evening Eastern Time) - but I don't know how long it will be going on.

They have a DVD compilation of 40 years of back issues, regularly $60, on sale for $25 (with a code listed right there with the item). They also have some other article compilations on CD on sale for $5. I believe many of the books they have are on sale, too.

To find the 'store' - once you're on the homepage: Organic Gardening, Modern Homesteading, Renewable Energy, Green Homes, Do it Yourself Projects look on the right hand side (down a ways) and click on 'shop mother earth'. I explain this because I didn't think it was all that intuitive myself...

Could be some good resources for folks. Happy shopping. ;)

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Gee, thanks for the info, goshengirl. Those first couple of decades of Mother Earth News were especially valuable for the do-it-yourselfers, and no doubt useful from a prep standpoint. Sounds like a good deal, 40 years of information for $25.

3. CVORNurse

CVORNurse Well-Known Member

Boo, I missed it. Price is back up to 59.95. But that would still be a good deal to have all those articles dating back so far. Mother Earth News is my second favorite magazine, behind Backwoods Home Magazine. Love love me some Jackie Clay

4. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

I get an e-mail every other week with the SAME deal... soon as I get the next one, I'll post it for all ya'all

5. BasecampUSA

BasecampUSA Sr. Homesteader

Ba$tards charged me $68.00 !! that promotion code is no good and the page it is advertised on does not have a validity date / cutoff date on it... I'll be calling thier customer service tomorrow to cancel it...

I already have every issue from 1970 to 1996 ! Four full printer-paper boxes stuffed with them!

I once loved M. E. N. before they went commercial and turned into a country-fied Mechanix Illustrated with more commercial ads than useful material.

6. Lolajack

Lolajack Member

I just ordered and received the Complete Mother Earth News Wiser Living Set, a compilation of bookazines for $25.00(plus S&H) and am satisfied. Lots of useful information, especially about gardening.