Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Good ole country folk
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is no secret than most of the American public is completely disgusted with our elected officials in Washington DC.

No matter what your political affiliation, many of us are very disappointed with the direction our nation is heading.

Sure we feel we have a say in the political process by casting our ballot to elect the person of our choice, but many of us also feel absolutely powerless once the assume the office they are elect to. We feel that once they get on the hill, they forget that they work for us.

High powered lobbyist continue to control our elected officials and we typically sit on the sidelines and shake our heads.

Here is a practical way to have your individual voice heard with our elected officials.

It's called good old fashioned letter writing.

The attached link provides some helpful guidelines on writing your congressional members.

Writing Congress; effective letters

Letters written to congress can be shared with others who share your views on a particual topic and they can customize your letter to suit their situation. This is political action at the lowest level of grassroots politics.

When you take the time to write a well crafted letter to your elected officials, they will provide you a response.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Sorry Sonny its way past the time of letter writing.A few decades ago maybe it was a good idea.

Have you ever been to a local town hall or state capital meeting? All should go and witness these people in action on a slow day,not when they are expecting a crowd and rehersed their acts.

Thye sqeaky whel gets the grease,look who they have listened to.Those who get out in the streets and meetings and protest in person.

The GOP and so called conservatives have now joined up with the radical homosexuals and muslims'ironic'.They have always been for illegals for their big business.Democrats have been getting rich off these groups as have the independants.Democrats are the richest party,most think its the repubs but its not far as personal wealth is concerned the dems are very well off .

Its over for us in this nation as evidenced by the complete change of legal and moral laws we no longer have.I just vent and realize I will die in a nation foreign to me.

·
Good ole country folk
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Sonny its way past the time of letter writing.A few decades ago maybe it was a good idea.

Have you ever been to a local town hall or state capital meeting? All should go and witness these people in action on a slow day,not when they are expecting a crowd and rehersed their acts.

Thye sqeaky whel gets the grease,look who they have listened to.Those who get out in the streets and meetings and protest in person.

The GOP and so called conservatives have now joined up with the radical homosexuals and muslims'ironic'.They have always been for illegals for their big business.Democrats have been getting rich off these groups as have the independants.Democrats are the richest party,most think its the repubs but its not far as personal wealth is concerned the dems are very well off .

Its over for us in this nation as evidenced by the complete change of legal and moral laws we no longer have.I just vent and realize I will die in a nation foreign to me.
Hey Sweetheart,

Yes, I have been to local political meetings at a variety of levels. True that the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Went to a local community organization meeting last night and the Sherrif and his criminal interdiction expert gave a detailed briefing. The briefing was great, but I had issues to address with the Sherrif and didn't want to call him out in public. We met outside for a bout a half an hour and he gave me his cell phone number. I do believe my voice was heard much better than if I would have called him out in public. Afterall, sherrifs are politicians too.

I also have a new friend who is in the State House of Representatives. We are working on scheduling a fishing trip so I can tweak his thought process and get some inside information about State affairs.

Meerkat, I would challenge you to pick one topic, research it well and take a few moments to write a letter. I would be very interested in seeing what type of response you get.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
It is sort of like a circle. The lobbyist work for more money for their causes. We give them more money. In turn they can hire more lobbyists to lobby for more money.
Wow--and here I was thinking it was a 'back scratching' date...we'll give you a few thousand for your campaign fund;)..wink--wink...and you vote for the best interest of our corporation, uh, I mean your constituents;)..wink--wink!!!

·
Good ole country folk
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have voiced here on this forum as well as many other places about my feelings about corupt elected officials. We all know they are ALL bought and paid for.

I figure if I am going bitch, moan and belly ache about the train these folks are driving, at least I can write a few letter to them letting them know my thoughts on this trainwreck before it happens.

Will it make a difference--Naw, but at least I can say that I did my part to voice my concerns at the source rather than just spouting off here to entertain all of you guys and gals.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I have voiced here on this forum as well as many other places about my feelings about corupt elected officials. We all know they are ALL bought and paid for.

I figure if I am going bitch, moan and belly ache about the train these folks are driving, at least I can write a few letter to them letting them know my thoughts on this trainwreck before it happens.

Will it make a difference--Naw, but at least I can say that I did my part to voice my concerns at the source rather than just spouting off here to entertain all of you guys and gals.
I will do my part also ... write, e-mal and call... Will it make a difference, Maybe when a few more do the same.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Hey Sweetheart,

Yes, I have been to local political meetings at a variety of levels. True that the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Went to a local community organization meeting last night and the Sherrif and his criminal interdiction expert gave a detailed briefing. The briefing was great, but I had issues to address with the Sherrif and didn't want to call him out in public. We met outside for a bout a half an hour and he gave me his cell phone number. I do believe my voice was heard much better than if I would have called him out in public. Afterall, sherrifs are politicians too.

I also have a new friend who is in the State House of Representatives. We are working on scheduling a fishing trip so I can tweak his thought process and get some inside information about State affairs.

Meerkat, I would challenge you to pick one topic, research it well and take a few moments to write a letter. I would be very interested in seeing what type of response you get.
LOL,your right they don't listen.So why bother with writing them a letter?:confused:

The Tea party gave me more hope for this nation than I've had in years.Then out come the fake conservative polititions.They used it for their own platforms and the people let it happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts