Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The left is doing a great job of dividing the pro-gun community. They have pro-gun personalities fighting, the have hard core guys calling each other sunshine patriots, they have Dems and Reps calling for legislation, they have the ATF sitting their doing nothing so it can continue unabated, YouTube is closing accounts, Gunbroker is flip flopping, people are both joining and quitting the NRA, the GOA and NAGR aren't really doing anything, etc., etc., etc. Definitely looks like round 1 of this match belongs to the libs. Hopefully we can bring it together for round 2 or we are going to lose that one too.

In the wake of the tragic shooting in Las Vegas two important shooting organisations have released a joint statement calling for a review of bump fire-type stocks.

The statement below comes from the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) and the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute (SAAMI):

Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with the families and loved ones of all those killed and injured in the criminal attack in Las Vegas. The manufacture, distribution and sale of automatic firearms and their components has been stringently regulated by federal laws since 1934. We believe the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) should interpret and enforce existing laws and regulations. We call upon ATF to conduct a prompt review and evaluation of aftermarket trigger activation devices such as bump stocks to determine whether they are lawful to install and use on a firearm under the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA), or whether, if they have no function or purpose other than to convert a conventional firearm into an automatic firearm, they are regulated items under the NFA. We urge Congress to allow ATF to complete its review before considering any legislation so that any policy decisions can be informed by the facts and ATF's analysis.

One of the NSSF's roles is to advocate on behalf of the 'firearms and ammunition industry at all levels and before all branches of government' while SAAMI are known for the testing and safety standards for ammunition and firearms.

The call for a "prompt review and evaluation" come in the wake of the NRA's recent statements and the debate surrounding the issue within the industry and community. Over the weekend Gunbroker moved to ban the sale of SlideFire and BumpFire stocks and subsequently reversed the decision two days later. Adam & Corey have been following that story and the price gouging that has been seen in recent days.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/12/nssfsaami-call-atf-review-bump-fire-stocks/

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
I have had guys bring the bump stock ARs to my shoot , in years past, and of 40-50 guys, who tried it, almost no one could make it work.

Only 2-3 guys, after lots of trying and practice , finally got it to work, sorta ( short burst at best).

It's not something your just gonna pickup and start firing like full auto.

It takes a certain feel and grip (or non grip) to actually make it work.

Even after trying and practicing I finally got it to go thru a full mag, and you certainly don't have the control to be accurate and precise. Maybe after lots of practice.

IMHO...they are totally a toy thats useless.

BUT, I don't want anybody telling me that I can't buy one if I so desire.:usaflag:

Jim

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have had guys bring the bump stock ARs to my shoot , in years past, and of 40-50 guys, who tried it, almost no one could make it work.

Only 2-3 guys, after lots of trying and practice , finally got it to work, sorta ( short burst at best).

Even after trying and practicing I finally got it to go thru a full mag, and you certainly don't have the control to be accurate and precise. Maybe after lots of practice.

BUT, I don't want anybody telling me that I can't buy one if I so desire.:usaflag:

Jim
You hit on a key word there"TOY" Firearms are not toys and never have been in my book,I was trained to understand that what comes out of the end of a barrel will kill and you had better know where it's going !

·
Void where Prohibited
747 Posts
A response (most likely canned) from John McCain regarding gun control:
Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control. I appreciate your concerns regarding this matter.

Congress, like the American people, continues to be divided on the issue of controlling firearms as a means of addressing the appalling level of violence which besets our nation. I do not believe, however, that the answers to these problems lie with gun control. We cannot resort to abridging law-abiding citizens' Constitutional rights in order to solve the tough problems that face our nation.

Criminals, by definition, have a patent disregard for the law. It would be dangerously naive to assume that they would abide by gun restrictions. Washington, DC, is an excellent case-in-point. The District has among the strictest gun control laws in the nation, and yet also holds one of the highest violent crime rates.

I will continue working to stop violent crime and those individuals who have or would abuse their Second Amendment rights. While addressing these important concerns, rest assured that I will ensure that the rights of honest, law abiding citizens are not abridged.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to do so regarding this or any other matter of concern.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A response (most likely canned) from John McCain regarding gun control:
From the same RINO who pledged to rid of us of Obamacare and then blocked every effort to get rid of it. Since he is a pathological liar I supposed that response means he will be voting for gun control for sure.

·
Void where Prohibited
747 Posts
From the same RINO who pledged to rid of us of Obamacare and then blocked every effort to get rid of it. Since he is a pathological liar I supposed that response means he will be voting for gun control for sure.
More than likely.:rolleyes:

·
160 Posts
The bump stock bills in the national congress are dead on arrival. Can't get the votes to pass.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Death by a 1000 cuts.
Divide and conquer has always been an effective strategy.
The antis will eventually win and America as we know it will cease to exist.
Not today or even in the next 10 years but it will happen.
Unless of course people use the 2nd to stop it.
The Supreme Court could stop them but with the current Justices there is no way they will.:(

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
Okay, we have death by a 1000 cuts. We have the bump stock is a POS that is very difficult to operate. We have divide and conquer. We we really need is all firearms to be legal and the use of a fire arm in the commission of a felony to be a mandatory death penalty, without the long appeal process. That would solve several problems. It would reduce over population in prisons. Reduce the number of violent re-offenders. Another result it would eliminate one aspect of a federal agency, the ATF - would have nothing to do with firearms. It would become the Alcohol and Tobacco agency. No cumbersome gun laws to deal with and the various organizations and lobbyists could go find another man made crisis to fight or protect. The 2nd Amendment would be guaranteed to all citizens and legal residents, and no state, county, city could pass any law restricting the people from owning and possessing any type of firearm or accessory. Even a felon could have a firearm, because they have not used one in the commission of a felony or they would be dead. See how simple that makes everything. Use a firearm is a crime- you die. legal use, even for machine guns, no problem, except ammo cost.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Jim
So, what does this statement do for the narrative that all those people were not shot with a belt fed rifle but that he used a bumpfire?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts