Mommy Magic's Collected Recipes

Discussion in 'Health & Medicine' started by Mommy Magic, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Mommy Magic

Mommy Magic Active Member

OK, I could'nt do it, I could'nt NOT post my recipe here. So here I am! For those of you who dont know me.. I love to share my collected recipes, and for those of you who DO know me... :2thumb:
    Please note: I am NOT a Dr.!I beleave that recipes should be shared NOT lost in history. Most of the recipes i have collected are NOT my own, i have spent hours one the net and reading books, to find recipes, plus remedies that i grew up with, and the help of my sugnifagent other, I hope you enjoy them, Please if you like them them let me know, and feel free to share any that you may have, Oh, some of the recipes my affend some of you BUT i post them not to affend anyone but to give the knolage that we all may need in the future to servive. So with all that said.........................................

Respiratory Anthrax (Internal use)
    Add 45- drops of lavender (essential oil) and 45 drops of oregano (essential oil) to a 2-oz. bottle vodka or brandy.
    Add 40-50 drops of essential oil/alcohol mixture to a half glass of warm water. Then add 10-12 drops of echinacea (herbal tincture ), elderberry (herbal tincture), garlic (herbal tincture) and goldenseal (herbal tincture) to the water.

Take combined mixture 3 times per day, 10 minutes before meals.

Internal use (for skin anthrax)
    Add 5- drops cinnamon bark essential oil, 8- drops geranium essential oil, 5- drops lavender essential oil, and 5- drops savory essential oil to 2- ounce bottle of vodka or brandy.Add 40-50 drops of this essential oil /alcohol mixture to a half- glass of warm water. Then add 20- drops calendula herb tincture and 20- drops ofartichoke herb tincture into the water.

Take combined mixture 3- times per day, before meals.

2. BayouShaman

BayouShaman Member

*Waves*

Hi MM :).

Trying to find an affordable source for some of the essential oils is a problem. I have a fair collection but not all the ones some of your recipes call for. Do you know some good, but affordable, sources?

3. Mommy Magic

good , affordable? no, most people say the same thing about the oils, but i figure that its one of the recipes that we might need, sorry:flower:we get our oils from mother nature store here, or make ours,

Mommy Magic

4. Mommy Magic

Garlic Oil (antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal)
    Crush or squeeze 6 cloves of garlic into a cup. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Allow the active ingredient in the garlic (ajoene) to seep into the oil for 3 days. Strain off the garlic residue and apply the oil with a cotton swab or cotton ball once daily for a week. If irritation occurs, stop use immediately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antibacterial powder (for dogs and cats)
    1- part golden seal powder
    1- part garlic powder

This is to prevent and treat general infections, parasitic infections (such as ringworm or mange), or hair loss. Mix together and store in a covered jar.
    Apply freely to any sore or abraded area where bacteria might become a problem.

5. Frugal_Farmers

Frugal_Farmers Good ole country folk

Awesome stuff--keep them coming

6. wolven

wolven Member

Yes keep them coming. My grandmother was an herbalist and my mom did not share her interest. By the time I came along my grandmother was in her late 70's and she did not write anything down. What a waste of information, her great grandfather was a medicine man of the local indians in southern Indiana.

7. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

I enjoy using aromatherapy - always glad to get new recipes! :)

BayouShaman, I don't know if a truely economical source for oils (I get my at Whole Foods), but I would advise this: don't use NOW products. Their packaging is misleading - they say something like 100% natural or 100% oil. The problem is, their product is a carrier oil with a little essential oil added. There's nothing harmful about the product - it's just that you're paying for a carrier oil when you really want an essential oil. HTH

8. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

Thanks for putting that up Goshengirl-I was going to tell everyone the same thing... they do have a few that are real essential oil(but only the cheaper easily had stuff) I do buy the now oils here and there for my candles and just for scents for smelling good, but not for any practical or religious uses.

9. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

A really good cure for athletes foot is honey.
    If you are suffering then every evening soak your feet in a nice hot salt and water bath(about 1/4 cup per basin, water as hot as you can stand) then spread on your dried feet a light layer of honey-get it in every crack and crevice and then put on a clean pair of white socks and got to sleep.. then wash them well in the morning and try to keep them dry.. sure it takes a good week or even two to get them all healed but it does work..
    Also keeping your footwear clean and dry(dry is most important). When ever possible get them tootsies out in the air and let them breath.
    I've used this cure after working at a job where my feet were wet all day long. Once the weather got warm I switched to sandals where they could dry and breathe and they cleared right up with treatment.

10. Mommy Magic

my son is in the milatary, he developed something on his feet like trench foot.his feet would bleed , and his toes where growing together ,he went to the dr. and the dr. couldnt do anything for him, so mom to the rescue! lol, i found this recipe and made it up for him and had him use it, hes use to my odd resipes! lol, anyway in 1-2 weeks it was GONE, it works great! i hope you all enjoy this recipe and any other odd recipes i have.

an anti-fungal / anti-yeast treatment
    2-tablespoons boric acid.
    1-cup cornstarch.

place in a large salt shaker. shake on any area with fungal rash.
    makes a great baby shower gift.
    some skin rashes are severe enough to take two weeks to heal. also works great on athletes foot.

i had a hard time getting this recipe, the amish used this years ago,, for pneumonia when the drs had no hope, there was a drug store that packaged it up and sent it to you the drug store is closed now but the phamacist guy that ownen the drug store still packages it up and you can still order it, his health is not well, i called him to see if i could get the recipe, and he said NO, i would hate for this recipe to be lost forever like so many good recipes from long ago, when you get the package its all measured out and here it is. . .

LUNG FEVER SALVE
    12oz.-unsalted lard
    2 oz.- camphor
    3 oz. - beeswax
    3 oz. - rosin (powdered)
    heat the above in a double boiler. take off heat, then add....
    2 teaspoons raw linseed oil, 20 ml. turpentin
    bottle up, used for colds and pneumonia, rub on chest and back.
    it will store for years.

11. Mommy Magic

NOTE: I hope that if anyone posts recipes here that they understand that the recipes will be shared with others:2thumb:

Homemade Salin Salution
    1/4- teaspoon cosher salt
    8- oz. water
    1/4- teaspoon baking soda

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elderberry Extract
    take 1/2 cup berries to 8 cups of water.doil berries and simmer down to 2 cups of liquid (took about 30 - 45 minutes). strain off berries and add 1/2 cup honey and store in refrigerator.
    USE: a tablespoon or 2 at a time to ward off sickness.
    NOTE: great for treating flu and in particular bird flu.

Camphorated Oil
    this makes a wounderful liniment and can be obtained from drugstores. To make your own liniment of camphor, use camphor USP.
    1- oz camphor USP
    4- fluid oz. olive oil
    dissolve the camphor in the oil. this is an excellent aid for pain relief, sprains, bruises, rheumatic or gouty problums of the joints, and other local pain or glandular swellings. check skin for sensitivity to camphor before full use of this liniment.

12. Mommy Magic

no one wants anymore?

13. Frugal_Farmers

Frugal_Farmers Good ole country folk

14. OldFarmer

OldFarmer New Member

I`m up for more,just love homemade!!
    God Bless
    OldFarmer

15. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

I do! Please! :beercheer:

16. Mommy Magic

Herbal Compress To Stop Bleeding
    1-teaspoon tincture of yarrow (or other suitable herb)
    1/2- cup water
    a soft cloth

combine ingredients. soak the cloth in the liquid, wring it out and apple it with prerrure over the wound.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homemade Hand Sanitizer
    1- cup aloe vera gel
    1- teaspoon rubbing alcohol
    2- teaspoons vegetable glycerin
    8-10- drops tea tree essential oil or lavender essential oil

simply blend all of the ingredients together and store.

remember to keep checking with this thread for more recipes!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amish Cough Syrup
    mix equel parts of lemon juice, honey, and castor oil.

Adult dose: take 1 (one) tablespoon per day.
    childrens dose: (over 2 years old) take 1 (one) teaspoon per day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Homemade Nighttime Cold Remedy (reminiscent of nyquil)
    this remedy lets you sleep vary sound all night.
    1-lemon
    1/4-cup maple syrup
    1/4-cup hot water
    2-tablespoons brandy

sqeeze all juice from lemon and stir it into the maple syrup. add hot water and brandy. drink at once. repeat after 24 hour, if necessary.

Restless Leg Syndome remedy
    1-teaspoon of apple cider vinegar added to
    1-cup of warm water add honey and drink up.

17. lhalfcent

lhalfcent Supporting Member

I make that same elderberry extract! I have a jar of dried berries i keep on hand. thanks for the reminder of this as I need to make some for the season. I give my family a spoonful each day during winter to ensure a healthy immune system.

18. Mommy Magic

its great isnt it lhalfcent !

19. emilysometimes

emilysometimes Member

20. Mommy Magic

emilysometimes, im glad i could help,
    dose anyone have any reqests?