Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Some of my posts have gone into the thread right away and others "won't be available until a moderator approves it for posting."

Is that because I'm new and don't have enough posts?

When does that end?

Also, it doesn't seem the posts are being approved. How long does that take?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Yea, it is because you are new or hit a key word. I didn't see any post needing to be approved... but I will check again. :)

From General Welcome message ...

Auto-censor We have an AI (Artificial Intelligence) add-on to the board that scans every message and automatically approves it based on writing-style. If our AI does not have enough information in its database to approve the message, it will flag the message for the administration-staff to look over manually and approve it. Messages may or may not be approved depending on content. Do not try to repost your message to see if you can get around the AI if it does not approve it right away. Thank you

From FAQ -

I post a message, but, I can't see it afterwards - All new accounts are put on a probationary term and any posts that have links or pictures or "key words" will automatically be placed in the "possible spam que". Administrators and moderators will manually scan the board for the icon beside the thread-title and will decide if the message is truly spam or a valid message. With a simple mouse-click the thread can be approved for viewing and will be visible right away.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, I was going to ask a similar question, but I figured someone else had already so I looked up this thread. :)

What's the typical turn-around for "moderator approved" messages? If the posts are dis-approved, will we receive a notification? I'm not complaining one way or the other, just wondering at what point we should harass you guys in case one slips through the cracks. I posted a couple yesterday that apparently got roped.

Is there a point once you've been a member long enough that you don't get caught by the filter, or do certain key words just always trigger it?

I've seen a lot of vBulletin forums, but this one seems pretty solid, straightforward, and bug free. Is there any custom stuff going on under the hood here?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts