21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
I hail from the NW metro Atl.

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
relocating this winter to Putnam Co. When my friends up here is WI ask why, I just say "When the shit hits, I'd rather be down with the rebels than up with the liberals."

Besides, I am so done with 40 below zero and armpit deep snow drifts.
Let me know if youre looking for a nice piece of property to call your own. Not pressing my real estate services or anything just always ready to help out a fellow prepper by keeping an eye out for good property. Happy to shoot anything I see your way for you to do with what you will :).

·
Registered
723 Posts
Let me know if youre looking for a nice piece of property to call your own. Not pressing my real estate services or anything just always ready to help out a fellow prepper by keeping an eye out for good property. Happy to shoot anything I see your way for you to do with what you will :).
Hi Louis, we bought a place between Eatonton & Milledgeville - brand new 4 BR mobile on 1.2 acres. Working on putting in our raised bed veggie garden (432 sq feet) and vertical herb garden; orchard & berry bushes going in next couple of weeks. It is a delight to be able to garden this early in the year for us! We even have a creek running through the back part of our land. So far, so good....

·
Registered
723 Posts
Louis
Louis, you are too kind! We have a little place (1.6 acres) with a mobile home. We put in raised beds with hoop houses, and are working to increase our orchard, etc. My roommate feeds the deer so they stay out of the garden, which is surrounded with "Irish Spring" bars on the fence. Dont know why it works, but it does for us. A kindle of yard cats to keep the snakes down. Neighbors (such as they are) are not too bad, the meddlesome ones live quite far away. We only see them when they take their exercise walks in the morning. They work in cities, so they cant stay fit with yard work, I guess. Our immediate neighbors are never around as they are very old and do not come out to their "summer place" except to check on it once in a while. We have met them, and keep their yards mowed as a courtesy when we mow ours. We took down (with their permission) one tree that was leaning toward the power lines, and stacked the wood for them.

Our road is the only way in or out of the neighborhood, and when we moved in some of he local men came by, complimented us on how well us two older ladies were doing, felling trees to clear what we wanted clear, and very gallantly told us "if you have trouble, just call and me and the boys will bring our guns and pit bulls and protect you ladies". They were surprised when we replied, "one of us is retired law, one is former army drill sergeant, we have our own guns and know how and when to use them, BUT if you hear shooting, come on down and join the party!" Nice fellas. One loaned us his log splitter, and we gave him a couple cords of hardwood (we don't burn it, but have plenty after felling all those trees).

We love Georgia. Low taxes, rural folks pretty much leave each other alone, fireworks are legal. We stock up various items for perimeter alarms, along with a lot just for fun every 4th of July. Carrying firearns is nothing remarkable. (What a wonderful change from the frozen north.) We garden and work in the yard year round. Barter is much more common than where we lived before. Nearby friends (also preppers) let us park our (used) pontoon boat at their dock, and there are always plenty of catfish. There is a good mix of skills in the neighborhood and folks are mostly willing to help one another (once they find out you are not a freeloader). Cost of living is reasonable. Best move we ever made.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts