Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Macon Byron Area here as well and looking for others to meet up with and chat, have classes, etc. on prepping. Can teach and well as learn :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lots of downed limbs, trees, and electric in the area - the wind got pretty wild. The only damage to our property was a pine limb on the pasture fence. How did everyone else do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
No bad weather this week

The ground is a bit dry, but a little hoeing, to keep a "dust mulch", is keeping my vegetables happy without adding any water.
We expected two big thunderstorms, but they stayed South of my northern Georgia area.

·
New to this site
28 Posts
Just checking to see if anyone still on from middle ga. . have been into self sustaining living for years. Build windmills and solar. Beekeeper, cut and saw my own lumber, building year round heated greenhouse. I build things from junk and repurpose items. Low or no cost. Im presently making syrup from sycamore sap( tastes of butterscotch). I'll post pics when weather changes. If anyone wants to get together to swap ideas let me know. Would love to network with others.

John

·
New to this site
28 Posts
Further south than that. Around geographic center of state. Hard to travel due to spouce illness.

·
Registered
723 Posts
relocating this winter to Putnam Co. When my friends up here is WI ask why, I just say "When the shit hits, I'd rather be down with the rebels than up with the liberals."

Besides, I am so done with 40 below zero and armpit deep snow drifts.

·
Here a while
1,305 Posts
relocating this winter to Putnam Co. When my friends up here is WI ask why, I just say "When the shit hits, I'd rather be down with the rebels than up with the liberals."

Besides, I am so done with 40 below zero and armpit deep snow drifts.
Welcome to the South. I've lived all over north Georgia, including Atlanta. Except for when I was at the University of Georgia in Athens, I stayed Atlanta-north. I prefer the mountains to the sandy flats of south Georgia.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts