Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am posting this now so all can plan and hopefully we will get a good turn out.
Memorial Day weekend 2011 I am proposing a camping trip to Switzer lake in the George Washington Nat. Forest.Located about 10 miles from Va/WV border on Rt 33.I think this is a very central area for many and the 3 day weekend gives us plenty of travel time.
I would like to see everyone there and we can drift around and meet each other and maybe have a little swap meet for those inclined and that have extra stuff/lookin for stuff.
We will have to determine a way to ID ourselves such as maybe a certain color peice of cloth in a windshield or something.
Anyway I hope this is of interest to some(hopefully a lot) of you so think on it and either drop a note here or PM me.
All are welcome no matter where you live so long as you can make it.
This is free primitive camping though I wouldnt make a big show of weapons as there will be other(sheeples) in the area.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have been there long time ago and it is a fine looking place. It was getting dark but what i seen of it was nice. I hope everything gets buttoned up here by then. Maybe i,ll get lucky and have some free time then. Can't plan that far ahead it's day to day here on the time thing. Sounds great though. I would not know until a week or so from it. I hope it happens and there is a great meet. :)

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
UNBELIEVABLE.... I will actually be able to make it. :D That time of year is one my slowest times at work, so count me in. :beercheer:

·
Registered
837 Posts
It's a little over 700 miles from me, but why would I drive even 5 fives to meet a group of crazy people who think the S is going to HTF just because we have a deficit that can never be paid, a president who would rather go on the View than set down with business people and discuss jobs.I could go on for days but have to go pack this last shipment of beans and wheat from Honeyville.

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
It's a 1,400 mile drive for me but I'll be there. :wave:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
That's not too far for me, and I've been there before. There's some great 'wheeling in that park, too, for anyone with Jeeps.

It's a little far out (time-wise) for me, so I have no idea what my schedule will be like by then, but I am definitely interested in trying to make it.

·
943 Posts
Ok I am posting this now so all can plan and hopefully we will get a good turn out.
Memorial Day weekend 2011 I am proposing a camping trip to Switzer lake in the George Washington Nat. Forest.Located about 10 miles from Va/WV border on Rt 33.I think this is a very central area for many and the 3 day weekend gives us plenty of travel time.
I would like to see everyone there and we can drift around and meet each other and maybe have a little swap meet for those inclined and that have extra stuff/lookin for stuff.
We will have to determine a way to ID ourselves such as maybe a certain color peice of cloth in a windshield or something.
Anyway I hope this is of interest to some(hopefully a lot) of you so think on it and either drop a note here or PM me.
All are welcome no matter where you live so long as you can make it.
This is free primitive camping though I wouldnt make a big show of weapons as there will be other(sheeples) in the area.
When ever we had large groups to gather like for reunions and birthdays at a public park etc. we always used playing cards hooked to the mirror inside the car. We would love to come however with all our livestock we would have to rent a cattle truck or horsetrailer. couldn't leave all these milking does behind.

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
We would love to come however with all our livestock we would have to rent a cattle truck or horsetrailer. couldn't leave all these milking does behind.
Bring them along... maybe you could teach some of us how it's done. :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm actually planning on being back in Northern NC by month end, and that's just a couple of states over from where I'll be living. I wont really know until closer to the date (mem. day weekend is a MAJOR time in the industry I'm involved in), but I'll do my best! It's always nice to meet FACE TO FACE, ja?

I hope to bag a few good deer this sesaon, if anyone's up for jerkey or sausage? :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'll be there too

I have been off line for a while. I was living with my best friend until she finally passed away from cancer. But I'm back and I will definately will be there its just around the corner for me.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
It's a little over 700 miles from me, but why would I drive even 5 fives to meet a group of crazy people who think the S is going to HTF just because we have a deficit that can never be paid, a president who would rather go on the View than set down with business people and discuss jobs.I could go on for days but have to go pack this last shipment of beans and wheat from Honeyville.
:lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash: :lolsmash:

man... i WANT to go, but my buddy is getting married that weekend (supposedly), I'll be there in spirit

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
No go for us ... Like Freyadog I have to many critters ... and try to find someone to milk for you ...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts