Met Anybody in Person?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by sailaway, Sep 12, 2010.

1. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

This has been a good summer for meeting forum members and sharing in person, we are alot of good people! I was blessed to hook up with Uncle Joe and Becky and Hoarseman and his wife. We shared a fun day at the Pa. Ag. show together discussing thoughts, ideas and looking at all the technology. While in Miami, Fl. last week I was blessed with the opportunity to have a meal with Harley Rider and his family. I always enjoy a good conversation.:2thumb: Who have you met with?

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Lucky you! We hope to meet them too someday, and maybe you too!

We've met townparkradio, and aemilia, and of course I've met MMM, he's my husband!

Hoping to meet some of the other ones up in this part of the country. Got Hozay pretty much talked into it, before he heads back to Texas!

Any of the rest of you that get up to NW Montana, give us a holler.

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I have met some of the Alberta folks from RedDeer, Cochrane and Calgary so far ...

My rule-of-thumb still applies - anyone who wants to meet up for a beer or coffee - the first round is on me!

4. rflood

rflood Well-Known Member

Hey there Naekid, ever get to the east coast such as Halifax NS? Halifax is my old stomping grounds until I moved south of the border, but I get up there at least once, twice a year.

5. NaeKid

Been out there :beercheer:

A couple years ago did an "All Canadian Jeep Tour" from Calgary to the WestCoast and then headed east and got pictures of my Jeep in the waters on the far north-east side of P.E.I. Plannin' on another tour of the east-coast through NewFoundland, Labrador, NovaScotia ... and then after that, another JeepTour is planned for Yukon, NWT and Nunavut driving over the winter-roads and, if possible, I wanna get to the north-pole.

6. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Had a great time with Sailaway chewin' the fat. I hope to meet some others later on this year when I take a little vacation. :beercheer:

7. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Damn NK yawl take that jeepin to the max don't ya???unless I got my compass on backards it's damn near all the way across Canada from where you are to where your talkin about???

I did cross over the border in 71 in NoDac and went up on the high road(?) into Quebec, an no offense my friend but yawl outta let them "Alpha Hotels" go their own way, only time I got pissed was there... some of your french speaking folks need a good butt kicking...

But other then that the folks in Montreal were really nice made a difference for sure...

We dropped down into Maine near a place called Skouhegin ( ??) and ended up in Camden Maine for about 10 months where the wife decided she couldn't be away from Calif and I couldn't stand the thought of going back there..so we kissed and said we loved each other and she headed west and I headed to Alaska...by way of TX, AZ ..

But ya know, taking a several thousand mile Jeep trip might not be all bad...unless I misunderstood where yawl was at...

Hey how you feel about them diesel jeeps again? I may have a buyer for the great white whale and will need to replace it... but I do want diesel...if i can get it...

And GS ! I'm thinking real hard about coming up there will touch base with yawl soon.. I'm really thinking that sitting around on my fat *** waiting to kill some deer in 2 months is a vast waste of time...lol

8. NaeKid

Yup .. imagine taking a Jeep that is 1 month old and driving it into the Pacific ocean then less than a year later, driving that same Jeep with a tent-trailer attached to the Atlantic ocean and dippin' into that ocean as well ..

For some reason the system is locking the links as embedded video and is not allowing me to let you click on the link ... :eek:

Try this link directly to the google-search ... [ame=http://www.google.com/search?q=naekid+all+canadian+jeeptour&tbo=p&tbs=vid%3A1&source=vgc&aq=f]naekid all canadian jeeptour - Google Search[/ame]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  9. HozayBuck

I somehow assumed your whole jeep gang went... I forgot to mention that I was so impressed with the provincial park system up there it was awesome!!..

Looks like you already needed a new windshield !!lol... caca occurs eh?

Bet that was a fun trip, what was the total miles?

When I did it we went well up above the border away from the busier areas,it really was the best part of the entire trip..

I'm off to look at that Tokeyota land cruiser... never know...those are hard to find

10. NaeKid

Tried to make it a whole-gang thing, but, that didn't happen. Ya, that windshield is long-gone and has been replaced with a "life-time" guarantee'd windshield that was tested to stop .22lr bullets from even crackin' it and most small caliber bullets don't even scratch the surface which is a good thing at highway speeds - I have killed birds with the windshield and have had small "boulders" thrown at it from tires of vehicles and nary a mark .. :congrat:

11. HozayBuck

That is a cool thing to have!! at a defensive pistol shoot we just had we had to fire at two targets thru van windshield while sitting inside...it was very interesting... to say the least... sure answered a few questions!!!

12. sailaway

Thought I'd reserect this thread, I was blessed with the opportunity to meet Jason and his family at Lehman Hardware in Kidron, Oh. for a couple of hours. I learned alot about canning that afternoon, now just got to get busy at it.

Has anyone else on the forum hooked up recently?

13. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

I haven't met anyone in person yet. Maybe one day!

14. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

You're close to me Salek. You'll have to get together with the wife and I some time.

15. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

No one here on PS, but there are some of CO folks meeting this morning from another site.

16. HozayBuck

I plan to spend some time visiting 3M and GS this summer...might be a job getting my trailer up their mountain but I'll getter done !

I have thought about doing a F 2 F with some of the TX folks on the forum, maybe meet for coffee some place if any are willing.. most would entail a drive of at least an hour each to meet in the middle... but I'm a retired grumpy ol fart so I can do what I want.. So if any of you Texicans wanna meet just holler...we'll see what we can do...

17. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

MMM (3M, as Hozay calls him! :D ) and I met HarleyRider and his wife last spring in Las Vegas and had a great time. Met IdahoLady in July and we keep in touch off the forum since she lives fairly close to us.

Gonna meet Hozay this year.... right Hozay???? :D Keep missing him as he criss-crosses the country! Gonna travel east one of these days if life settles down, and meet all you Ohio and Pennsylvania people, and whoever else I come across! Gonna get my passport one of these days and go see NaeKid and TiredIron up in Canada.

18. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

I have met several members of a couple Motorcycle forums, as we have Meets in various locales. Have a local shooting forum, and several members are also on another 'prepper' board - we have met and camped together, and discussed various and sundry things. Had some great times. One grizzled member managed to NOT get eaten by the 12 foot gator in the campground pond during his morning swim. :D

Haven't met any members of this forum site yet. If y'all get tired of the cold come on down to north Florida. It was a balmy 28F this AM......... :wave:

19. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

You're GOT to be kidding!!! *faint* :eek:

It was warmer than that here this AM in NW Montana!!!

20. sailaway

I live in Sandusky, Oh. if you enjoy roller coasters we have Cedar Point here. This park has the most costers, the highest hill, the steepest hill and the fastest coster. I will accomodate you if I can. Sail