Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, seems we are all pretty spread out here, so how do you go about meeting singles near you? Bars? Craigslist? Dating sites? Something else?

I'm very nearly forty, and I'm gonna be pretty picky about the next serious relationship I get into.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That's a big part of my problem. There isn't a whole lot going on here in my neck of the woods that really is conducive to having opportunities to meet other singles..but I don't really put myself out their much either so..

·
Texas!!!
1,529 Posts
Like Hooch, there is nothing happening in my area. I live in the middle of nowhere and there are not a lot of single guys out here to begin with. Being a prepper scares off a lot of men. Being a woman who can shoot and fix things scares them even more. I would love to know how to meet people in my area.

·
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kejmack said:
Being a woman who can shoot and fix things scares them even more. I would love to know how to meet people in my area.
Are u Freakin kidding me? That's my ideal first date!

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
I have to second fattire. Women that can handle themselves are sexy. I live right next to a university so bars are the ticket. I meet people occassionally but keep to myself mostly. If I have to hear one more valley girl sorority comment this week Im gonna puke. Oh wait.....its only Monday. I dont really expect a nice girl my age to put up with a 30 somethin college student livin off the gi bill. Unless I were to meet a cool prepper girl that shares post graduatiin goals of as off grid as I can get then i guess im waiting till yhen or just goin my own way.

·
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i dont know what sort of dudes these are that get a prepper chick that likes to hunt, fish, shoot and can even turn a wrench, and they dont love it. im hoping to find something like that here in Montana. gone on two dates so far, one was a friend of a friend, yammered on thru dinner about real basket ball wives from outerspace and drunk sluts and dooshbags from the east coast, wore way too much perfume (ladies, please just take a bath instead) and was just generally annoying, the other was a family friend friend my dads wife wanted me to meet, and... well she was very large, and had a lot of emotional baggage...

im ok with being single, but a partner in crime that isnt morbidly obese, psychotic, or addicted to the idiot box would be very nice to find

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I had the giggles reading bout your dates fattire...made me think of a few I went on n couldn't wait for them to end.
I'd rather be happy but alone then wishing I was alone n miserable

·
Texas!!!
1,529 Posts
I'm on a certain dating site where they match you by "compatibility" and the matches that are not scared of the gun-toting prepper woman are hopeless mired in bitterness toward their ex-wives. I am amazed at the number of dates I have had where the guy simply wants to talk about his ex-wife for two hours. Talk about chewing your leg off to get away.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
I have a different problem than most of you guys.

In the county down here that I live in, half the people are related to me. The rest are either already married or are so far out in left field that it would be a circus.

Hunting would be a good first date, fishing would be even better.

·
Texas!!!
1,529 Posts
I have a different problem than most of you guys.

In the county down here that I live in, half the people are related to me. The rest are either already married or are so far out in left field that it would be a circus.
ROFLOL That is not a problem in WV. :laugh:

Sorry, being from VA, I could not resist the chance to make a WV joke.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
lol!! you all are funny!

kejmack..i've done the dating site stuff too..n it's kinda sketchy Im thinking.I'm leary about putting myself on them (but I have) because I work in the LE field...so..I dont want any unsavory dipshits seeing me. Alot of them think Im hooked up and im just fine with that..but the level of ******** one has to sift through to find someone who might be a good date prospect is disheartinging. best of luck tho..:)

·
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah ive checked out the a couple dating sites, mostly chicks looking to hook up for a night (which is fine and fun sometimes, just not what im looking for long term), hyper-religious women (im an atheist and while i dont look down on religious people, i dont want the bible shoved up... well you get the point), or women that are looking for a free ride. thats been my experience anyway.

·
Texas!!!
1,529 Posts
lol!! you all are funny!

kejmack..i've done the dating site stuff too..n it's kinda sketchy Im thinking.I'm leary about putting myself on them (but I have) because I work in the LE field...so..I dont want any unsavory dipshits seeing me. Alot of them think Im hooked up and im just fine with that..but the level of ******** one has to sift through to find someone who might be a good date prospect is disheartinging. best of luck tho..:)
The very first thing I put on my profile was that I worked for the PD and had a picture of me in uniform as one of my pics....on my horse was another one. :) I also put that I was not interested in anyone with a CCH. Between that and the prepping, I haven't gotten many dates. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
what a bummer kejmack!!...
fattire..interesting to see your perspective on the dating site "types". It seems to me, in my opinion most of the guys on there seem to me to only want the one nighter type hook ups dispite what they say..as soon as ya start chattin online it de-evolves to, send me sexy pictures, or suggestive type talk. That's cool if that what someone wants and attraction is there but I've clearly stated before that was not what I was looking for ( as well as no one on probation, parole, into drugs n shady business, alchololics, not lookin for a sugar daddy either) and I still had dipshits hit me up n waste my time...A few who seemed like ok folks I'd meet them and when they said they were average weight or "im a big guy 6'5"", yea..tall and big as in 400 pounds really overwieght...or... they say they are 6 foot tall n turn out to be bairly taller than me n Im 5'5..so pic's they have are old and they fudge info thinkin," well maybe we'll spark a friendship n she'll like me anyway"...seriously!...lies from the get go.. not gunna fly and there are reasons why folks have parameters they look for in others...ones gotta be attracted to the other and we all have our "types" as the base to which we start from...geeze!!
do any of you ever get this crap either?? so tired of it...I mean Im not perfect but I say it like it is n dont try to shine someone on. Ok i guess im ranting...but yea...it seems its either for hook ups, religious nuts ( yea the guys too...bible thumpin, woman barefoot n preggo behind the man kind...RUNNNN...haa!) or just full of poop ding dongs...

·
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LMAO hooch! yeah ive ran into chicks that post pics from when they were 19... for me if a person cant be honest about who they are, theres no way i can like them, cause its not really them.

·
Texas!!!
1,529 Posts
LMAO hooch! yeah ive ran into chicks that post pics from when they were 19... for me if a person cant be honest about who they are, theres no way i can like them, cause its not really them.
Ha! It works both ways. Men do it all the time. They post pictures of themselves that are 10 years old.

And I had to laugh at Hooch's post because I've had plenty of "big guys" aka obese, too.

I'm beginning to think anyone out there represents themselves honestly. Oh, and don't forget all the scammers who have Eastern European IP addresses. Do they think I'm not going to look it up?!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts