Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a few of you may know, we had visitors from :Vocalo.org..., (which is an offshoot of National Public Radio that caters to a younger demographic) at our last North Shore Old Time Skills and Preparedness Meet Up. I was a bit hesitant to have them come out, as preppers have traditionally not gotten fair treatment by the media and generally have been portrayed in less than flattering ways. I am glad we took the chance and allowed the two young reporters to come and witness a meeting, talk to some of our members and put together a 5 minute piece that ran last Monday and will run continue to run as a part of what they call "mix tape".

For those of you who are interested, you can listen to the piece at the Volalo.org website at this link:The Survivalist Code | :Vocalo.org

The reporters have also made the entire raw recording available, (they recorded the entire meeting) and, once I figure out where to host it, I will post it for those who would like to hear what the meeting was like.

Thanks go out to Mark and Kim for giving a true and balanced view of what our group is all about
:2thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's a pretty nice story

I think the interns did a pretty good job with their story, and you guys did a really good job getting your points across. Nice job! One question, though: Do you think Marc has a flashlight now? :D

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
As a few of you may know, we had visitors from :Vocalo.org..., (which is an offshoot of National Public Radio that caters to a younger demographic) at our last North Shore Old Time Skills and Preparedness Meet Up. I was a bit hesitant to have them come out, as preppers have traditionally not gotten fair treatment by the media and generally have been portrayed in less than flattering ways. I am glad we took the chance and allowed the two young reporters to come and witness a meeting, talk to some of our members and put together a 5 minute piece that ran last Monday and will run continue to run as a part of what they call "mix tape".

For those of you who are interested, you can listen to the piece at the Volalo.org website at this link:The Survivalist Code | :Vocalo.org

The reporters have also made the entire raw recording available, (they recorded the entire meeting) and, once I figure out where to host it, I will post it for those who would like to hear what the meeting was like.

Thanks go out to Mark and Kim for giving a true and balanced view of what our group is all about
:2thumb:
Are you living in Mexico? :D.Whats with the spanish signature? We speak english here in America.
Far as that NPR lib commy'imo' radio station is concerned I'm very surprised they gave you the time of day,unless your with a certain group who just happens to speak spanish also.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you living in Mexico? :D.Whats with the spanish signature? We speak english here in America.
Far as that NPR lib commy'imo' radio station is concerned I'm very surprised they gave you the time of day,unless your with a certain group who just happens to speak spanish also.
Meerrkat,
I am living in the occupied territories near Gulag Rahm.
The signature is in Latin, not Spanish, (which you would know if the high schools still taught classics instead of how to increase self-esteem). The phrase was made famous during the Nixon administration by one John Erlichmann. It pretty much sums up my attitude.:rolleyes:

Did you listen to the clip? Perhaps even the media are starting to realize that the fecal material is about to encounter the air oscillation device.:gaah:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Actually I think thats latin but I could be wrong.
If it is latin it means something along the lines of "if you have their balls their hearts will come with". Or something like that.
Edit: sorry tortminder I didn't see that you had already posted.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Meerrkat,
I am living in the occupied territories near Gulag Rahm.
The signature is in Latin, not Spanish, (which you would know if the high schools still taught classics instead of how to increase self-esteem). The phrase was made famous during the Nixon administration by one John Erlichmann. It pretty much sums up my attitude.:rolleyes:

Did you listen to the clip? Perhaps even the media are starting to realize that the fecal material is about to encounter the air oscillation device.:gaah:
I don't care if its french,we don't learn that in school here either or need to unless we are globetrotters.Far as the occupied territory goes,why are you there?It does'nt sound like a place you'd want to visit.
Most people here don't speak latin of any kind.So your message is moot.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Latin is a dead language and the base for almost all european/western languages. You can find latin roots in almost any English word. No body uses latin as a language anymore. So when people study latin its usually to get a better knowledge of english. Common latin sayings are
"E pluribus unum" Under Many One - From the U.S seal
Another is "Semper Fidelis" or AKA "Semper Fi" is themarine motto and means "Always Faithful".

·
Registered
260 Posts
Latin is a dead language and the base for almost all european/western languages. You can find latin roots in almost any English word. No body uses latin as a language anymore. So when people study latin its usually to get a better knowledge of english. Common latin sayings are
Another is "Semper Fidelis" or AKA "Semper Fi" is themarine motto and means "Always Faithful".
"Illegitamati Non Carborundum"

-General George Patton

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
LOL,well if you have to put it that way....:scratch.
Anyway I am educated but still have'nt mastered the english laguage yet as most here can attain to.
Alot of our law is also latin,so are many of our plants and science.
But all the same we don't speak latin here.

·
Adventurer at large
541 Posts
I once had a short opinion piece of local NPR, afterleaving the building during a gunshow - they wanted my take on Gun Control. I never heard it, but co-workers did, and they apparently did not belittle me or make me out a radical wierdo. Coworkers said I made very good points.

Back in the heady 70's if a student wanted a medical career, he/she took Latin. My sister did - she became a Pathology Lab tech.
I learned a smattering of German, and the only time I ever used it was when traveling by Greyhound Bus and striking up a haltering conversation with a couple cute German tourist girls. ;)
It comes in handy when installing new 'farkles' on my buddy's BMW bikes too. He hates it when I read the German instructions aloud, before translating...... :D

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Anyway, I am educated yet still haven't mastered the english laguage as most here can attest to. A lot of our law is also Latin, so are many of our plants and science. But all the same we don't speak Latin here.
some of us do... ;) frequently!

How does that ol' chestnut go?...
tis a wondrous thing for an individual to be multilingual (multicultural?), yet horrific for a nation to be such
(?) :dunno:

·
WWII Reanctor/Architecture Student
177 Posts
Fairly?! How shocking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.