·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOT & MUGGY!!! 94 today ... :help:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Ditto. Off and on rain all day but I'm not complaining. We're coming up a little short so far this year and now my water tank is full. :D

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
high of 55 today, snows almost all gone, helping my fiances dad with his backyard garden this year, broccoli, chives, tomatoes, and any suggestions you guys have for tasty vegetable

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
How about potatoes and peas? They both do well in a cooler climate and shorter growing season.

·
Registered
348 Posts
It was really windy and rainy all day today. Wind gusts averaging about 25 miles per hour. So I spent the last half of the day pulling tree limbs out of the street and wondering if the power was going to go out for more than a second at a time.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
We are enjoying a blizzard right now ... winds in the 60 to 70mph range gusting upto 80mph with snow blinding drivers ... :cool:

·
Adventurer at large
541 Posts
Warm and muggy in north Florida Monday, rainy today. We have local flood warnings for our river for Thursday on the westside of town, partly our rain but mostly the waters from the states above us raining. Y'alls storms cause other folks problems down the line....... :(

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
We are enjoying a blizzard right now ... winds in the 60 to 70mph range gusting upto 80mph with snow blinding drivers ... :cool:
So sorry to hear that. :( Must be global warming. ;)

3" of rain over the weekend. Sunny and low 70's this week.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cold May

22 degrees here in sunny northern California. Waiting for warmer weather to plant garden. Maybe first of June. Fruit trees in full bloom.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mostly sunny, breezy and chilly today with highs only in the 50s and 60s. Lows tonight tumble into the 30s in your hometown! Warmer, but unsettled for much of the upcoming week...

Well ... I did ask for help ... when the temps got into the 90's.:surrender:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
We have a frost/freeze advisory in effect for tonight.

Against my better judgement, I got a little impatient last week and put a few tomato, cucumber and bean plants in the ground. I had to cover the tomatoes with a small plastic bag and used wide mouth quart mason jars for the beans and cukes.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Because the wife and I drink so much milk we have a lot of 1gal plastic jugs, I cut off the bottom and set over young transplants in the garden. This acts like a mini greenhouse, the heated air goes out the spout to keep a even temp. and if you want put the cap on at night to keep in heat.

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
Because the wife and I drink so much milk we have a lot of 1gal plastic jugs, I cut off the bottom and set over young transplants in the garden. This acts like a mini greenhouse, the heated air goes out the spout to keep a even temp. and if you want put the cap on at night to keep in heat.
genius! I'm gonna use this one you macguyver of gardening ;)

·
I'm done - gone
1,585 Posts
glad I held off planting the warm weather crops. last night / early this morning temp was down to 33 here in the valley! Cold weather crops are loving it to say the least LOL Suppose to be only in the 60's this week and lows around 40 for the rest of the nighttimes. Still not warm enough for the tomatoes and such. Have to see what next week ( which is usually when mom's day is) brings. Hopefully this cold weather will stay up north ( sorry yanks LOL <3) and I can get my garden in. My seedlings are starting to get confused in the greenhouse.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Kind of makes you wonder if the Iceland volcano is effecting the weather. It is pushing alot of ash in the air and circulating around the with the jet streams. This is really cold weather for May. My camping gear will have to stay stored a little longer.:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
I told you guys the ice age is coming

:p

have you all looked into the lack of sunspots, stalling ocean currents, and just the fact that we are due for one (ice age)??? not to mention volcanoes, though the iceland one isn't too bad YET. There are more in the vicinity that could be triggered by this one, and then watch out.

anyway, here in Nebraska it's unseasonably cold...it's becoming a trend over the last 3 or 4 years.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
It was seasonal today here in Pittsburgh. Probably about 70 and threats of rain all day. We got caught in torrential downpours twice and one even had some hail. We lost a few peppers and tomatos in last week's cold snap. Even covering them they didn't make it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts