May 5th, 2015 is a big deal!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by RevWC, Apr 21, 2015.

1. RevWC

RevWC The Future?

I retire.....:D

2. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

Just as important it is cinco de mayo. Better get ready as it will be national holiday in a few years. So felicidades por su jubilación...ooops I mean congrats on your retirement! ;)

3. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Well-Known Member

Congratulations Rev!
    Cinco is a hilarious Mexican holiday that isn't even celebrated in Mexico. It is a holiday to celebrate a victory over Europeans in a small battle. It was heavily promoted by beer companies in the 60s to sell more beer. Today it is a celebration primarily in the US only.

4. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

Actually it is, but pretty much only in Puebla where the battle took place. I know, I went to it. Battle reenactments, parade, parties and all. Perhaps RevWC and I should head there next year to celebrate his retirement! This year he will be too drunk and happy to travel.

5. Balls004

Balls004 Not new, just older

Glad you made it to retirement Rev!

Now go forth and enjoy!

6. Marcus

Marcus Texian

Congrats Rev and welcome to the ranks of the unemployed.

7. RevWC

RevWC The Future?

I would be proud to have a beer with you! But not in a 3rd world country! Growing up in California we traveled in Mexico a lot and I always got Montezuma's revenge!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  8. RevWC

RevWC The Future?

We will also be celebrating my Dads 93rd birthday!

9. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

Good for you, I retired May 31,2002 and I'm still just about as busy as when I was employed, only now it our own projects.

10. Cotton

Cotton Supporting Member

This is our lives and our time... have our own reasons to celebrate! This is Rev WC's day and by him ours too! :D

11. bbrider

bbrider Newbie

Congrats! 5 or so more years for me. Always God to hear someone is able to retire.

12. Caribou

Caribou Time Traveler

I'll celebrate your retirement but I don't have time to celebrate every battle the French lost.

13. havasu

havasu Just a family friend

Congrats! I retired on 12/30/09 and have enjoyed every day since.

14. tleeh1

tleeh1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the dark side, RevWC. It's fun here, but busy.... you'll love it!

15. jnrdesertrats

jnrdesertrats Noob

Congrats. I am retiring in 10 years even if I have to eat cat food. Funny thing is people think I am kidding when I say that. Oh well.

16. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

17. Tweto

Tweto I love the smell of Argon in the morning

When I hear that someone is retiring, I get a smile on my face.

Congrats Rev!

18. txcatlady

txcatlady Texan

Sounds wonderful! I can't make that decision yet. I have been teaching for 36 years and am 61 years old. I can retire, but afraid retirement check will not cover expenses. Huge leap of faith. Husband is self employed contractor and is trying to get out of business. I get a regular check. He has not paid social security in 25 years. Has enough quarters but his check would not cover his truck payment. We are looking to sell house and 20 acres to pay off and start another one further back in the woods. I am okay with that if we can get to not having a house loan that would be impossible for me to pay. I signed my contract for another year. I am happy for your retirement. Hope you love it. Was the decision difficult to make?

19. RevWC

RevWC The Future?

Yes and no. I take care of my 92 year old father and he is in need of constant help so we have made the decision that it is in his best interest to have me around all the time. In lieu of hiring some stranger to help him. I am happy to have made this decision! Plus the fact I'm eligible for social security while it is still available.

20. Gians

Gians Newbie

Congrats on the retirement Rev. :beercheer: It always amazes me how much more busy we are since retirement, can't believe some folks get bored. I left to watch my parents too, no regrets at all, best decision ever...enjoy.