1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Intel Hub
By Alex Thomas
July 10, 2011

Quartzsite, Arizona, the town now infamous for arresting a citizen for speaking during a public city council meeting, has apparently declared martial law.

This, according to Quartzsite Mayor Ed Foster, happened after a secret meeting was held during which the city council voted in favor of declaring a state of emergency.

Jennifer Jones, the woman who has gone on a full scale crusade against corruption in the small town of 3,600, posted an urgent update on here blog The Desert Freedom Press.

"At about noon today, the town council, at the request of the police chief, declared an official state of emergency. Sgt Xavier Frausto was dressed in tactical gear when he and the police chief demanded the mayor get in their car," wrote Jones.

That's right, according to this report, police in tactical gear ordered a sitting mayor to a potentially illegal secret meeting.

The Mayor instead drove himself to the meeting which he himself later called illegal.

Jennifer Jones is Arrested at City Council Meeting

World Net Daily spoke with Jennifer Jones who now fears for her safety in the small town 2 hours outside of Phoenix.

"They've got their tactical gear on, the police chief and his sergeant," Jones said. "I don't know what that means. I need to get the word out in case they come here. I am very concerned for my safety."

An Arizona Republic report confirms that Quartzite Mayor Ed Foster has indeed called the situation in his town a form of martial law but also quotes the Vice Mayor as saying that while she condems the meeting, martial law is not necessary the right word to use.

"Foster said the council had imposed martial law, but Vice Mayor Barbara Cowell said that does not accurately characterize the action. She added that the city attorney had condoned the meeting and that a recording of the session will be made accessible to the public today," The Arizona Republic reported.

The situation in Quartzsite has been heating up as the story of Jennifer Jones and her unlawful arrest during a city council meeting has gained momentum after being covered by multiple mainstream newspapers.

The initial arrest came as Jennifer was exposing the corruption of the local city council as well as the police chief who is already under investigation by The Arizona State Dept of Public Safety.
-----------------------------------------------------
Jennifer Jones, the woman who has gone on a full scale crusade against corruption in the small town of 3,600, posted an urgent update on here blog The Desert Freedom Press.

"At about noon today, the town council, at the request of the police chief, declared an official state of emergency. Sgt Xavier Frausto was dressed in tactical gear when he and the police chief demanded the mayor get in their car," wrote Jones. The DESERT FREEDOM PRESS

·
edirPsmaP
1,587 Posts
So what else is going on besides the chief and politicians being corrupt?? Is there rioting in the streets? Are the police just rounding people up? What?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what else is going on besides the chief and politicians being corrupt?? Is there rioting in the streets? Are the police just rounding people up? What?
I don't know. I'm trying to get more information. I saw an AP report downplaying everything and blaming the local government, not the mayor, for being corrupt. Something about money missing, police chiefs, etc. The report said that the FBI was contacted about the martial law situation but "they couldn't comment"

Arizona town in disarray; mayor alleges corruption - Yahoo! News

The council's declaration put police Chief Jeff Gilbert in charge, making Foster the "deputy chief executive of nothing right now," he said. It also allows the five-member council to meet without public notice and suspend all public comment at the meetings until they declare the state of emergency over. http://www.startribune.com/nation/125376373.html

·
Registered
87 Posts
Love the idea of the martial law. Some dufas with a badge or a corrupt politico doesn't like what's said about him ,declares martial law and all of a sudden I have no rights. It's always nice that their are so many different ways established for those better than me to take care of my well being.

·
The Future?
2,400 Posts
Love the idea of the martial law. Some dufas with a badge or a corrupt politico doesn't like what's said about him ,declares martial law and all of a sudden I have no rights. It's always nice that their are so many different ways established for those better than me to take care of my well being.
Seems that way!

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
And ABC-news has their take on the situation ...

NewsSource said:
QUARTZSITE, AZ - Dozens of residents gathered at the Quartzsite City Hall Tuesday, anxious to find out what's going on with their local politicians.

"I want to see open government, not running behind locked doors like they did on Sunday," Quartzsite Mayor Ed Foster said.

Foster claims the town council met in an illegal closed door meeting on Sunday to kick him out of office after he called for investigations into city staff.

"They don't think I should have freedom of speech," Foster said.

The political mayhem stems from a video showing a woman getting arrested during public comment at a recent city council meeting.

Town Manager Alex Taft says the clip doesn't show the whole story. She claims the woman is an activist who supports the mayor.

"The prior history is that this woman has been cited between 10 and 12 times for disruption for failing to obey rules," Taft told ABC15.

Taft read some of the threats that were made online against city leaders.

"Take your own town back. If they won't listen to reason, run them out of town or kill them," one person posted online.

Taft said despite claims to the contrary, the town is not under marshal law, and not in a state of emergency.

"At some point, we have to draw a line and what we did was rescheduled the meetings and eliminated the call to the public. All of which is temporary," Taft said.

Taft claimed the mayor is actually encouraging disorder during public meetings.

"We will probabaly have to address that because it is maligning our town, and maligning what we have achieved and giving the wrong impression," she said.
See the video about the story here

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I went to her web site and watched the videos ... WOW!

From what I saw, I see a lawsuit waiting to happen ... (and I have a few letters to write and calls to be made. :D)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jennifer was my dog groomer when I lived in quartzsite over the winters for the past 6 years. She is very passionate about her views and had many friends and many enemies also as one would when being outspoken. I listened to her every time I took the pups in and I believe she is in the right but it is an uphill battle. I hope the utube video will enable her to secure some help in her fight. I am sure she will appreciate anything done on her behalf.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Jennifer was my dog groomer when I lived in quartzsite over the winters for the past 6 years. She is very passionate about her views and had many friends and many enemies also as one would when being outspoken. I listened to her every time I took the pups in and I believe she is in the right but it is an uphill battle. I hope the utube video will enable her to secure some help in her fight. I am sure she will appreciate anything done on her behalf.
What is her main concern?Or is it too PC to be at 'liberty'to say? Being Arizona I can only imagine it has something to do with the invasion or the crooks protecting them.Giddy up,One Trick

·
803 Posts
Just wondering where the state is??? Seems they should be doing a little more than an investgation?? What about their state AG?

Just saying.....

Jimmy

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
What is her main concern?Or is it too PC to be at 'liberty'to say? Being Arizona I can only imagine it has something to do with the invasion or the crooks protecting them.Giddy up,One Trick
Meerkat, is this your horse??

:p

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Meerkat, is this your horse??

:p
i don't ride a horse,can't afford one now that the illegals cost my nation so much in food stamps,shelter,education,healthcare crime,insurence fraud,stolen id's drug and people smuggling,third world desease,etc,etc,etc,

So now I have to ride a pony"One Trick".So that dead horse must be yours.Or maybe your on that ostrich with the head in the sand? :scratch

1 - 20 of 24 Posts