Marley/Reggae Fest

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by Nadine, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Nadine

Nadine Guest

I attended my first ever Marley/Reggae festival over the weekend in Austin. Beautiful day, great reggae music, tons of herb to go around, and cool vendors. Anyone else ever been to one of these? I heard they have them in a lot towns all over on the same weekend. I was told that it used to be called Marley Festival but for some reason or another they changed it to reggae festival.

2. doc66

doc66 Well-Known Member

I have never been to one, but there are various events that celebrate 420... here locally, we had a jam night at a local club sponsered by the orginization that has grassroots political ties to the event. I didn't attend, I was in class all day and didn't feel like driving an hour plus.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

3. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Yeah Mon! Bloodclot Bombaclot! Boooyaka!

4. C.Winslow

C.Winslow Guest

doc66, where do you live?

5. doc66

doc66 Well-Known Member

Ohio. Where do you hale?

6. Janis

Janis Guest

I go to my town's reggae fest every year the weekend of 4/20! I love to chill out in the park, listen to great music, check out the vendors...it's always a great time!

7. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

medina/wayne county (Ohio) here... how aboot you?

8. Surfer

Surfer Guest

:eek::D:D;)

9. doc66

doc66 Well-Known Member

Richland county... I've been busy and just got back to this thread.

10. medicvet

medicvet Member

I have never had the privilege of attending a Marley concert, but I have had the privilege of going to Jamaica three times on vacations. And hope to have tmy fourth trip to Negril soon.:cool:

11. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you and I never will.:cry:

12. medicvet

medicvet Member

What makes you say that? I am making plans to try and be there before the year is out. What do you know that I don't?

13. xj35s

xj35s Guest

Ithaca NY

I don't smoke but I've been to the grassroots festival at the south end of Cayuga Lake. several great bands and everyone having a great time. biking, skating, jogging, eating,and swimming. Lot's of bump and grind goin' on too.

14. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Bobs DEAD!:cry:

15. medicvet

medicvet Member

Okay, I had a blonde moment there. When I said I was going back to Jamaica and someone said I couldn't I didn't know they meant I was too late for a Bob Marley concert I already knew that, lol! I just bought my plan tickets, so I hope to god I am able to go, or I'm screwed. ;)