March Weather

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by *Andi, Mar 1, 2010.

1. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Well, we came in as a lamb, so I guess we will go out like a lion. LOL

Great weather today mid 50's and a ton of sun.:D With snow :club: on tap for the next two days. So they say ... but kind of hard to get snow when it is going to be above freezing.:scratch

2. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

In like a lamb here, sun shining and snow melting, temp about 40.:congrat:

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

A cookin' hot day here in Calgary as well so I figure that we will have our normal blizzards towards the middle / end of the month :congrat:

4. Seneschal

Seneschal Crazy snake chick

I won't even tell you poor Northerners what the weather is like here right now... :cool:

5. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Here's to you and bunkerbob. :p :p :p :)

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Oh ... Oh ... how mean! LOL!!!!!!

Let me see mid 70's and lots of sun.:p:p:p:2thumb:

So come on, rub it in, what's the weather in Florida today?:flower:

7. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

79 degress above 0 again. Till, till, till, weed, weed, weed, Plant, plant, plant.:flower:

8. sailaway

Whatcha plantin Bob?, Candy Corn, Cotton Candy and Circus Peanuts?:D

9. bunkerbob

I found this gypsy that had some magic beans he wanted trade for the cow.
    I think they are money tree seeds.:scratch

10. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Tried that. Never got the Cotton Candy to bloom. You should see Circus peanuts I have though. Beautiful.

11. sailaway

Gosh, Bob, if it is a money tree can Mrs. Sailaway come over, she's picked ours clean.:cry:

12. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Rain on the 1st. Nice on the 2nd although its a little cool for this time of year.
    Setting up my raised boxes for my garden. The rain stopped my progress. Wanted to have my root vegies in by now.

13. bunkerbob

Actually today I'm going to plant carrot, lettuce, spinach, and cabbage seed in the garden. Its dry enough right now and it looks like we will be getting rain this weekend. First part of week planted Kentuck pole beans, pickling cucs and red potatoes. The Kennebec potato bed had more that enough seeds for this year.
    I tried something different this year on the Kennebec bed, used the rototiller very slow and deep, seems to have cut some seeds but on the whole might just help in distributing them. Also worked the insulation straw cover into the soil.
    The seed starts are doing great indoors, tomatoes, melons, squash, peppers and some flowers for the mrs.

14. tiedami

tiedami Well-Known Member

Bunkerbob you old softie

15. UncleJoe

We're down to about 8" of snow on the garden. Spring must be on it's way. :flower:

16. Seneschal

Seneschal Crazy snake chick

Oddly I'm both jealous and horrified. :eek:

If it makes you feel better, yesterday while drivng home we had wind gusts of 40mph...about knocked me off the bridge

17. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Beautiful blue skies, SUNNY and around 50 degrees today!!!! And I saw a robin, all is right with the world again. :)

18. UncleJoe

There is a brown spot developing in the garden!!! :eek: Kinda scary after seeing it white since Christmas.

19. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

We still have probably 4-6" of snow in most spots but there is the occasional bare spot starting to poke through. It's been warm(relatively) and sunny for this whole month so far. Low 40's yesterday and today. Too muddy to get my little pickup into the wood pile so yesterday we split wood onto a hay wagon and let it sit until around 7 this morning. We unloaded while the ground was still frozen. Worked out really well so I split another big load by myself today and it's currently sitting on the driveway waiting for tomorrow(Sunday) morning to do it again. One nice thing about the warm weather: the amount of wood our furnace is using is way down.

Still too darn muddy to do anything, though.

20. Lake Windsong

Lake Windsong Well-Known Member

Sunny 60's here, time to get out the boat and set some trot lines.:)