Map of N. America

Discussion in 'Website Comments and Suggestions' started by UncleJoe, Jan 13, 2010.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Here is the start of a regional map. If you don't like the way it's broke down, let me know. I just whipped this out and I don't have time to do it all right now. I'm not sure how to break up Canada so any help from you folks up north will be graciously accepted. I will also work on Europe when I get a chance since we have a few members there. I may need help with this one too.
    This whole thing is a going to take some time and probably a little pain. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Hey, what's that big grey hat that the US is wearing? :D

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Depending on who you talk to, Canada is broken into several sections.

Pacific, Praries, Central and Atlantic.

Pacific = BritishColumbia
    Praries = Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba
    Central = Ontario, Quebec
    Atlantic = PrinceEdwardIsland, NewBrunswick, NovaScotia, NewFoundland, Labrador

The "NORTH" covers Nunavut, NWT and Yukon

To make things really simple - you have the west vs central vs east.

Everything west of Ontario is "WEST", Ontario is alone as central and east is covers the Atlantic provinces ... you notice no mention of Quebec in this paragraph .. sometimes those of us in the west try to forget that Quebec is part of Canada :gaah:

4. northernontario

northernontario Well-Known Member

Personally, I might split Canada up by province. It's such a HUGE area... for example, it's a 2-day drive to go across Ontario.

5. CdnMtlHd

CdnMtlHd Well-Known Member

It really doesn't matter how Canada is split, I just worry about where I am :wave:

6. UncleJoe

Alberta. :ignore:

7. UncleJoe

I new all the others but I've never even heard of that one.
    You learn something new every day.

8. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Looks to me like Canada is about half water. :)

9. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Thanks to that part that speaks Francais, I had to learn Francais where I grew up in Western Pa.

10. UncleJoe

Does that make you part of the mid-atlantic?

11. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

Cool, looking forward to see the European map. Which will be way more difficult to divide up, I believe!

V.

12. NaeKid

Nunavut: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nunavut

The NWT (North West Territories) was the original description of all lands north and west of Ontario till just over a hundred years ago when the provinces were no longer part of the territories but their own named regions.

In 1999, Nunavut became its own province holding the most amount of land in Canada (about the size of Western Europe) and has the least amount of people holding that land (just under 30,000).

13. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

I'm going to guess that that name came from the First People?

14. NaeKid

It means "our land" in Inuktitut - the mother language of many of those who live in that province.

15. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Better than California, which is about half hot air!!! :D:D:D

16. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I'm sorry, to whom are you referring. :dunno:Not very nice Turtle.:(

17. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Sorry, Bob! Certainly no offense intended; just referring to the over-abundance of liberals in CA. Of course, Maryland is a mostly blue state, too, so I probably shouldn't be one to talk . . .

I apologize: I did not intend to offend.:ignore:

18. UncleJoe

Here is the new map. I'm still not completely happy with the break-up so suggestions are welcome.
    Vance, go ahead and delete the old one and replace it with this one. Thanks.

19. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

I traveled across half of Canada in 1971, crossed in from ND, exited into Maine, had a good time!! met great people, really a cool place.....then I entered Qu-beK... If I lived in Canada I'd start a movement to let them go off and do their own thing... and it wasn't just one person!! it was everybody I had to deal with from the Gas station dude to the Waitress's... Took me years to remember they are a very small part of Canada..

BUT I need to remember that we have NY , MA ,and CA...sorry BunkerBob , by the way I watched 2012 at long last...hope you can tred water dude!! :D

Wasn't that a dipchit movie? or did I miss something?

20. NaeKid

My first travel across Canada was in 1972 and things were really different back then. Quebec was on a rampage to seperate from the rest of Canada and treated all english-speakers like crap.

I went across again in 2007 and my time spent in Quebec was much nicer and I was able to hack-n-bash my french well enough to be able to converse with those in the northern reaches of Quebec. Southern Quebec has great english skills ..