Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are three or so ponds easily within walking distance of my house and theres some pretty good size fish in them. I went fishing in one today and theres not much life near the shore so I decided Im going to build a raft to get out in the middle of the pond. So me and a freind being as cheap as we are looked around in some dumpsters and trash piles from the construcion workers. We found all the wood we need (they threw it away so we know were not stealing it) hen im going to get the foam from lowes. It is going to be built with a pallet with three foam sheets in it, then a plywood deck. Then we are going to screw two pieces of wood to each side and foam will be glued and tied to the underside forming a catamran styled raft. Then Im going to buy a paddle and then we can fish from the middle of the pond. Total cost should be under $20.

Also this gave me some inspiration. I would like to do what they did someday.

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Sounds perty neat! Good luck with the fishin! I got plans fer a one sheet plywood boat fer round here. Hope ta build it this summer.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
That's a neat-looking raft on the link you posted, lex! Even has a sunshade roof! Nice!

I love hearing what you're up to, and this raft project sounds cool. I hope you and your friend have a great time with it!

:)

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
lex, do you have a camera? Can you take pictures and post them? Just of the raft, if you want to protect your privacy.

·
38 Posts
Sounds like a real neat project. I look forward to seeing pictures if you choose to share some.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I have a camera and ill post pictures as I work on it. I couldent get the wood today because of the weather.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I almost bought a 2000 sq ft 3 story houseboat off ebay a few years ago, the catch was it was in New Jersey, had NO engines, and had to be removed from the drydock in 5 days after sale... it went for <$1000 :gaah:

I truly wish I would've been able to get it, I just didn't have the $$$ to hire a tugboat or the connections to be able to attach it to a barge convoy :cry:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Yes, and he likes a girl named Becky, and there's a cave nearby he explores... :D

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Free Psychic Reading --- I suspect that your real name is Tom and your friends name is Huck. Your friend Jim will want to go with you and there is a fence you should be painting. :2thumb:
I thought Jim got editid out in this new PC climate... :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.