Prepared Society Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I'm still hunting for work, doing projects around the house, taking my motorbikes on long tours around my neck of the province to see what is all around here - crisscrossing as many backroads, gravelroads and farmroads as possible.

I am also teaching 5 people to ride motorbikes right now, getting them ready for their final road-test

I am also surfing the classifieds for "free stuff" that I can bring home, refurbish and resell if I can't use it myself.

On another note, I am thinking of getting into a different line of work - maybe Class1 truckdriving (that's 18-wheeler) as there doesn't seem to be a shortage of work there. I just need to find a sponsor who would let me drive for them ...

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Just to busy ta get much done on the ole interweb. Ifin there was 6 a me, I'd still be behind. Don't know ifin thins will ever slow down till I can't work no more.

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
It's been a VERY VERY VERY busy year for me!

Divorced Jan 5th :(

Started doing a TON of work at "B.O.L." trying to get it ready for "someday" possibly moving out there.

Started work on my house in town getting it ready to make into a rental - Got an offer (a good one) on my house out of the blue. He accepted my counteroffer.

Then had to really "hump it" getting the B.O.L. ready to become a "residence"!

Still have a LOT of work to do.......
But I'll finally be living out on my homestead.

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
It's been a VERY VERY VERY busy year for me!

Divorced Jan 5th :(

Started doing a TON of work at "B.O.L." trying to get it ready for "someday" possibly moving out there.

Started work on my house in town getting it ready to make into a rental - Got an offer (a good one) on my house out of the blue. He accepted my counteroffer.

Then had to really "hump it" getting the B.O.L. ready to become a "residence"!

Still have a LOT of work to do.......
But I'll finally be living out on my homestead.
I have been thinking about you lately. I hope all is well.

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your divorce Linc. That's tough regardless of how it went down.
Thanks.

What was the worst part, was how fast it all happened.

I was doing everything she was asking me to do to improve & strengthen our marriage, and I was making some amazing progress. I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Then *poof*, one day she asked for a divorce... a few months later, we were divorced. It was so fast.

A few months later, she's married again. Still way too fast!!!

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That's crazy. Makes the mind a tad bit suspicious too. Glad you have pulled up your boots and got back to life however.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Thanks.

What was the worst part, was how fast it all happened.

I was doing everything she was asking me to do to improve & strengthen our marriage, and I was making some amazing progress. I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Then *poof*, one day she asked for a divorce... a few months later, we were divorced. It was so fast.

A few months later, she's married again. Still way too fast!!!
Honestly that's what I'm hoping doesn't happen to me. My wife and I split for about six months, a little longer, about two months ago. I just recently came home and I'm working on the issues but it just doesn't seem to be fast enough for her.

When we were separated we both had significant others. It really doesn't take long to find someone. It's odd. Always had issues when I was a kid. When dating as an adult I had to fight them off with a stick. My GF was 21 and smoking hot. I'm happier with my wife though. I just hope she all this "change" isn't in vein.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Havent been on in a while, renewed my membership and plan to be back again.

Have been getting adjusted to being married and it's been great so far, should have married this gal 40 years ago when I had the chance the first time.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Wasn't where I ran off to, just what I was doing.

The new wife has turned this bachelor/prepper place into a normal home..... Took her a while but we dont have to "explain" things when company comes over now. lol

She decided that we were going to give family and friends boxes of half pint jars of jelly and herbs for Christmas, been making jelly out of everything you can imagine. Either going to have a lot of happy friends or a bunch of people that wont talk to us anymore!!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I love jelly. I make a red wine jelly every year for Xmas I give out with gifts. Taste like super grape jelly. I love the stuff as do most of my recipients. At least I've gotten no complaints.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
We'll put you on the Christmas list.

By mistake I left basin of seeded, cut and sugared plums on the table over night before making jelly. They started to ferment a bit but made jelly anyway, now thats the only way I make it. No one has guess yet what makes it taste so good and I'm not going to tell them!!

Last year I had a bottle of Port left from New Years Eve and put it in while making Mustang Grape jelly. Good Stuff so I can imagine what the grape wine jelly taste like. Guess we will have to try the straight wine jelly pretty soon.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
It's great! Well I like it and I've only seen it sit in one friends fridge for to long. He's weird though and seems to shy away from home produced foods like that.

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
Wasn't where I ran off to, just what I was doing.
Same here... been BUSY BUSY BUSY!

I "partially developed" a spring and got it to produce .5 GPM, which is just fine for a Shurflo pump on a float switch. The water passed every "over the counter" water test I could throw at it. I haven't tested for arsenic, radon, etc. etc. but those test are expensive and the water & clean, clean and tastes good. I'm leaving it like it is and taking my chances :p

Right now it pumps into a brand new 3,000 gallon Bailiff VTB-3000 tank that I got for only $350! (I traded a cheap 5'x10' utility trailer for it, that's what I paid for the trailer) and a cheap 1/2HP shallow well pump from Home depot (actually, ebay) pumps it up the hill to my 5th wheel RV.

Now have rabbits & goats in addition to laying hens. Homesteading takes time and effort!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts