Lost yourself

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by kristyle, Aug 2, 2010.

1. kristyle

kristyle Member

What I mean by that is do you feel most people around the forums who use it on a daily/weekly basis recognize your username, Avatar posts and have generally have a personality pegged to your online identity? If you don't feel this way, are you bothered by this? Or do you generally not have any interest/care about people giving your posts more thought/attention than just a first time poster/unknown poster?
    For me I feel I've been here for a while and built up a large enough post count full of unforgettable humour and amazing advice (ok I'm stretching that part quite a lot Sticking out tongue), and I feel I've gotten to know quite a few individuals on here where I'd be a lil sad when/if (I'll probably be posting here for another 50 years) I stop posting. I guess you can call me sad, but I enjoy having an online identity in this forum, and I also appreciate the characters and great people who make this site work.

2. Genevieve

Genevieve I'm done - gone

What I find interesting is the fact that this is the third of these kinds of threads started at different forums in the past week. Weird. Every thread asks whether people are "accepted" on the board, or do they feel comfortable,etc.
    What does it matter?
    Are you that lonely and in need of acceptance that it worries you to death that you may not be?
    Is this some stupid "college course" crap? I don't get it.
    I find it really strange that this topic should pop up at three different boards in one week. But, I'm the suspicious type LOL

3. CVORNurse

CVORNurse Well-Known Member

I have to admit never having thought of this. I ask questions, get answers. Give input if I have knowledge that they can use. Read, lurk and learn. Don't care if I am accepted or not.

4. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

2 is a large enough post count?

5. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

I've seen tons of this type of threads- usually just a build up of posts to then put up spam. You do a serch on the user name and it pops up the name with about 20 different forums using the same thread starter.. it happens.

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

With 2 posts?
    A lot of us here HAVE gotten to KNOW each other and a few have taken it out of cyberworld and into the real world. How have you "gotten to know quite a few individuals" when you have only been a participant on the forum for 2-3 days?
    What are you fishing for? :confused:

7. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I have the same guestion UncleJoe. I hope nobody pegs my avatar "Bunkerbob" its not very obvious.

8. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Quite frankly, whether Im excepted or not is irrelevant. I came here to learn and make a few friends along the way. :kiss:

9. OldFashionedMama

OldFashionedMama Partyin' like it's 1699

*coughcough TROLL cough**:rolleyes:

10. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:beercheer: :beercheer: :beercheer: :D

11. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Oooh, speaking of lost, the final season of the TV show "Lost" comes out on DVD on August 24th! (Is that off-subject? lol;))

12. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Lost?

I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am. :D

I'm here to learn a few things and to make people laugh. So far, I've learned a LOT; and hopefully I have made a few people laugh as well, because in these crazy times a little laughter helps... a lot. :lolsmash:

13. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Well-worded. Thanks harley!:congrat:

14. Concerned_ Citizen

Concerned_ Citizen Well-Known Member

well, when i found this website I was amazed at the amount of info on it, It was also reassuring that im not alone in my way of thinking........

As far as being Accepted? Not my concern really......

However it was really nice to receive a private message asking if everything was OK with us due to my recent lack of participation..!

15. Diego2112

Diego2112 Well-Known Member

GREAT THREAD!

NOT!!!! :lolsmash:

Ok ok ok, as long as we're ON the subject, if you feel lost, you probably SHOULD have taken that left turn at Albakerky! Just sayin'.

To echo EVERY OTHER POST so far, here to learn. Dont CARE if I'm accepted. I feel I am, and hey, if I'm not, I'll lurk the threads, and soak up the advice like a SPONGE! :lol:

sorry if this counts as necro posting, it's like, late at night, and I'm tired as all getout, just having fun now... tee hee hee

16. HarleyRider

Don't worry... sometimes out threads might not be so great, but our needles are REALLY sharp! :eek: :p

17. hardrock

hardrock Well-Known Member

If you are polite and put a little thought and research in each of your posts you will get a certian 'respect' from other posters.

Some try to increase their post count by taking 'ideas' from other boards. They think a large post count somehow means they are more knowledgable than those with lower post numbers.

I have very few posts. I recently retired and this is the first time in my life I have had time to do anything like this. If it makes you feel better,I will probably always have fewer posts than you.

18. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Me worry? not at all...who are you people anyway? why are you in my den on my PC?... :peep:

I read and learn ...or not, enjoy or not, matters not, I'm here and your stuck with me, get past it.

I know a lot, learned a lot, now I'm working on trying to remember why it's important..:D

19. HarleyRider

Don't worry so much about being accepted...... heck, they even accepted ME! :eek::eek::eek::eek: :D

20. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

I'm not sure 'acceptance' is a major criterion for a group such as this, but mutual respect generally is, which of course is much easier to accomplish when a individuals share a like-oriented mind-set (I DID notice the 'sticking out tongue' when I think you might have meant 'wink, wink' to acknowledge your facetious comments) IMHO everyone has something to contribute and as long as we all keep open minds we can all learn something from each other

there used to be a few regular posters that possessed a true wealth of knowledge, experience & advice, but that also couldn't reconcile the fact that many times 'there are multiple methods for removing the dermal layers from a feline' ;) and yes, I still miss their input, just not their lact of tact