Long weekend plans.

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by kbamvakais, Sep 3, 2010.

1. kbamvakais

kbamvakais Well-Known Member

Just wondering what all you have planes this weekend, I'm just gonna be working in finishing some projects and maybe bbq'n.

2. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

3. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I am in Miami, Fl. giving my holiday weekend to one of my best friends, the one who you would count on your one hand at the end of your life. His name is Joe and his lung cancer has spread to his brain. He is quite sick and will probably not recover this time. He is still mostly mentally with it, but is starting to slip. Please keep him and his family in your prayers. Sail

4. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Will do, sail. Sorry this had to happen. :(

(someone wake up harley and tell him! :ignore: )

Hope everyone has a safe weekend. We hope to grill something, just not sure what yet, or who will be here!

5. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Sail, real sorry to hear about your friend. From one aspect, he's a lucky guy to have a friend like you to help him with his journey.

Gypsie, how about whippin up some venison steaks. Can't ever go wrong there. Hope you, MMM and the rest of the forum gang have a great weekend.

Sail, hang in there. Life's tough sometimes but you'll get through it.

6. kbamvakais

kbamvakais Well-Known Member

7. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same thing as any other weekend. Taking care of animals, harvesting from the garden, canning. Got the mower deck back from the welder so I have a lot of mowing to catch up on. Having a few friends over on Monday for a BBQ.

8. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Praying for you all. It is hard, this is exactly what happened with my Daddy. Treasure this time.

9. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Was goin' to be campin' and off-roadin' but those plans seemed to have changed so I'll be doin' a whack-load of welding and painting of steel and I have a scope to mount and set and if there is time, I have a couple stories to work-over.

10. HarleyRider

Let's get together

May God hold him in the palm of His mighty hand and grant him peace and serenity.

I left my number on your cellphone (I got your PM). Let's get together before you leave. My stepdaughter's birthday is today and we will be in Homestead this afternoon, but after that my next two days are free.

11. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Sorry to hear about your friend sailaway. :(

I took the rototiller to the yard yesterday (making a driveway) and ripped off the top few inches of topsoil. I'm moving that to the garden. I'll do some more digging on it this weekend.

I have a storage room I'm re-doing. It's 14'x20' and has just been a dumping ground over the years. I took everything out and am studding, insulating, electric and putting up drywall. Once done, it'll be a provisions area.

12. OldFashionedMama

OldFashionedMama Partyin' like it's 1699

Going to the fair, cleaning house, practicing, taking care of a sick kid, studying music theory (maybe...:rolleyes:)

13. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Sail-sorry to hear about your buddy. That's awful.

Our plans-yesterday my uncle had a pig roast for friends and family at the fire hall DW and I run with. It was excellent. The pig's hanging weight was a bit over 250 lbs. That's HANGING weight. It was huge. Saw lots of friends and family that don't get together too often. This was my mom's first big outing since her surgery as well as my cousin's first big family outing since he was injured (badly burned on his hands and a little less badly on his face/arms) this July in the Clairton, PA cokeworks explosion. It was really nice to see both of them out and about.

Today may try to fix the broken belt on the round baler and have to turn over a couple winrows that got rained on. Tomorrow another picnic. Friday I got the brakes on our Farmall 806 adjusted so they don't grab any more. It's turning out to be a really good weekend.

Everybody be safe!!!

14. hardrock

hardrock Well-Known Member

Feel for you sail,my fil is in the same boat.

I'm retired, (w/wife) and live in a tourist area so we stay out of sight from the masses during holidays.

We usually take our holiday the week end after the 'rush'. Next w/e we are going to the Mena ar. hamfest fri. &sat.

15. HarleyRider

Had a great lunch with Sailaway this afternoon. It's really great being able to meet face to face. It's amazing to find out how much we have in common once we started talking; things you wouldn't normally find out just replying to the threads. Hope I can meet more of you face to face real soon. Have a great holiday!! :D

16. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

That's great, Harley! Cool that you and sailaway got to meet! We'd love to meet you too!

I'm thinking...January, when it's below zero up here in Montana! :)

17. HarleyRider

Sounds great to me. Would my lead sled dog need a snowplow attached to be able to get through? :cool: