Long time listener, first time caller (almost)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Murph, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Murph

Murph Member

I have been coming here for a few months off and on, and want to extend a hearty thank you to all of the regulars that keep me coming back.

I am a father, husband, gardener, canner, gatherer, fisherman and small-game hunter (wife and daughters can't bring themselves to eat "wild" so I shoot nothing I can't eat in 1 or 2 sittings). I am just starting out with my preparedness, relatively, but I am convinced that we are living in troubled times, and things will get worse before they get better. I am trying to live by the Boy Scout code.

:beercheer:

Murph

2. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

You mention that you're a "canner", among other things above. Why not can some of that "wild" meat for future consumption? :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  4. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

5. fobhomestead

fobhomestead Well-Known Member

Welcome! Glad you are here. My son just joined the cub scouts... my little Wolf. :)
    It's a good way to start out in life!

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome! :wave:

7. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:Murph from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

8. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Welcome to the forum!

In what part of Pittsburgh do you live? I'm about 40 miles north.

My son is a Bear Scout (and has gone through Tigers and Wolves). I'm an Assistant Den Leader as well as Committee Chairperson for the pack.

9. Murph

Murph Member

@bczoom

I am actually about 50 miles north, but always say PGH because no one ever heard of Mercer unless local. I am currently not invloved with the scouts but avidly help my oldest daughter with her daisy projects. I have two daughters, so Girl Scouts are in my future. :D

40 miles puts you pretty close to me, but a little south. You above New Castle? or Butler?

10. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

You're a bit north of me. If you were coming down 79, you would get off at Portersville and take some back roads to get to my area.