lol: mother-in-law

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by youpock, Oct 20, 2009.

1. youpock

youpock Well-Known Member

There was a light earthquake in my neck of the woods about a week or so ago. Nothing alarming or anything I'm not prepared or used to. My mother-in-law, somewhat of an interesting person decided to panic. She bought a small semi-acceptable quality kit from a local emergency store and a few extra gallons of water. Armed with her new found info and one small kit she showed up at our door demanding both my wife and I start stocking up.. hehe with a quick walk out the back I showed her my emergency, non defense stash, lol her reaction was great.

It was good she came over tho I was able to go through her kit and change a few things around. Man some of the stuff these kits pass off as quality is unacceptable. The kit came with a small off brand leatherman. It looked like it was made of and old recycled coke can; I couldn't believe someone try to pass it off as a survial tool. I also helped her order a few mre's to keep stored.

2. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Dude that must have been priceless. I'd love to see a picture of the look on her face.

Awesome.

3. youpock

lol when she asked if we had any canned food stored away and my wife just started laughing

4. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Sounds good ...

Maybe spend some time with the Mom-in-Law and see if you can come up with "complementary" preparations where what you have and what she has stocked up will complement each other.

5. youpock

They are sort of far away and crazy so I probably only see them once every few months lol

6. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Aren't the parents-in-law always crazy? :nuts:

7. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member