Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Luke lost one leg from the hip down, the other from the knee down. Last report was that he is still in Afghanistan being stabilized for flight out to Germany, then on to Washington as soon as they can get him on the plane.
I am sure he and his family would appreciate any prayers and good thoughts you can pour his way. I know without a doubt that prayer from people I have never met has helped me over rough patches in the past.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/-Pra...ldier-Luke-Wedgeworth/108469732576742?sk=wall

·
New here
137 Posts
Prayers going up.

Prayers going up for him and his family. God willing he'll be outfitted with a pair of the prosthetic legs and be able to walk and even run again. Nothing will ever replace his legs, but with prosthetics a great many wounded vets have even been able to return to their units....by choice.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Damn. :( Best wishes and prayers go out to him.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I will keep him and his in my thoughts ...

·
Supporting Member
3,243 Posts
We'll be praying for him, his family, & the medical personnel taking care of him. Please keep us updated when you can.

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Eeeii.........from one military family ta another, prayers fer that lad.

Our heavenly father we ask ya ta look after Luke, guide his doctors, nurses an care givers. We ask ya ta give this hero an his family the hope they need to see them through this difficult time. Amen.

Rev. Coot

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
We'll be praying for him and his family. That's so sad. I'm glad he's alive tho.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update on Luke

Just wanted to let ya'll know Luke is back home. We ran into him in WalMart last week and he looked and acted like your typical 20 year old young man. Only he was in a wheelchair at the time. Many thanks for the prayers from him and his family

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you saw him and he seems to be doing pretty good! Please keep us posted in the future, too!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yep, and we'll continue to pray for him & his family...no doubt there's still tough times ahead of this guy.

My nephew in the Marines is supposed to be back from Afghanistan in 14 days, but Saturday got called up for an emergency mission...please pray for his team as well. Here's the email i got:

I just got a message from Amy saying that Cody was called up on an unexpected 3-4 day mission, they just left a few hours ago. He was supposed to be done but something came up, please keep him in prayer. Will let you know when he is home safe!

I appreciate the Great attitude of the folks on this forum, keep prayin!

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Bless his heart ,what a tragidy for such a young man.I ray for them all and hate the warmongers who keep sending them to these wars.
We seldom hear about all those who are injured or driven too hard with too many tours.We see them at dr.s office,blind,burned,lost limbs. :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.