Letter to Pelosi

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bunkerbob, Apr 9, 2010.

1. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Just received this email...WOW, looks to be legimate, snopes verified...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/guthrie.asp

Check his credentials. Then read his letter to Pelosi!

Born St. Louis , Missouri , August 21, 1944
    Bar Admissions:
    North Carolina , 1969
    U.S. District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina , 1969
    U.S. Tax Court
    Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
    Education: Woodford College , 1966 A.B.
    Mercer University , 1969 J.D.
    Phi Alpha Delta
    Vice-Justice, District XIV, 1968 - 1969
    Professional Associations and Memberships:
    North Carolina and American Bar Associations (Member, Sections on: Administrative Law; General Practice; Litigation)
    26th Judicial District and North Carolina State Bar
    Mecklenburg County Bar Association
    American Association of Justice
    North Carolina Trial Lawyers Association
    Captain, U..S. Army, 1969-1971, Vietnam
    National Defense Medal, 1969
    Republic of Viet Nam Service Medal, 1970
    Bronze Star Medals (2), 1971
    Assistant District Attorney, Mecklenburg County , 1971 - 1974
    Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
    Chairman, Board of Trustees Providence United Methodist Church
    Board of Directors, Alexander Children's Home
    Board of Directors, Charlotte Culinary Institute
    Wofford Alumni Executive Council
    Scoutmaster, Boy Scouts of America
    Board of Directors, Boy Scouts of America of Mecklenburg County
    Board of Directors, Girl Scout Council
    Life Member, National Eagle Scout Association
    Life Member, Girl Scouts of America

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Let's help this man fulfill his 'commitment' to Pelosi
    by forwarding his thoughts to everyone in your address book!

2. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

I fully agree this person. Pelosi is beyond any words. I also do ask that people remember it has been a very long time since any politician has acted in the interest of either their country and constituents instead of themselves. It did not start in 2009, 2004, 2000, etc.

3. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

Well done, cannot not agree more, though I'm not even an american!

V.

4. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

Nobody cares about how upset some old dude is. OLD PEOPLE ARE UPSET ABOUT EVERYTHING!

we need more earthhugs and less hate-mail
    :earthhug:

5. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I don't agree, we, "the old dudes" have to make up for the appathy of the young who on the most part just sit around and hope things will be alright and expect someone to come along and help them out if need be.
    I think there is a big difference between being upset and being proactive and I have to say I have more time now to doing the latter. We have been there and done that already in a sense and try to show the young from our example and experience.
    How many times have I heard the statement from my own and other children that as they grew up their parents became more intellegent over the years.
    Just my 'old dude feelings' no rant!

6. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

I'm sure you know I'm just being facetious old man:p but you'll forgive me if I don't give added gravitas to every angry letter, simply because they were written by the aged. There are a lot of people on both sides of the aisle (and some not even in the theater) who rant and rave about politicians. I understand the nature of the beast, but I also understand that just because you send an angry letter to Pelosi or Boehner doesn't make you some sort of sage on the subject. Especially not one so rambling and indirect as that letter.

I would give this letter more weight if it exposed something scandalous or unknown about Pelosi

7. TimB

TimB Member

I can't help but think that Pelosi will never read this letter/e-mail. This sort of thing will never get past whichever of her aides do read her mail. :( The way to get back at politicians is to vote the ones out of office that you can. Then maybe, just maybe, the ones left will step back and take another look at themselves. :sssh:

Tim

8. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

If she does read it she'll only give it a passing glance, because politician's get letters like this every day, no matter their affiliation. They paint a giant target on their forehead as soon as they take office, that says "hold me responsible for everything you hate in the world"

9. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Ron Paul...!

10. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Maybe they are responsible for eveything (well, a lot of things anyway) I/we hate in the world.

11. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

It always amazes me to find that one member of a forum such as this that allows their frilly panties to be so tightly bunched that it closes off the blood flow to their brain..........

The current misadministration has given us 'angry old men' more than enough reasonto be angry. Much that you hold the last President responsible for was done by the two years of Liberal Congressional Control during his last couple years in office. The Other Party isn't innocent either, but this adminsitration, at pelosi's behest and insistance, has gone far beyond what is lawful and right. She really NEEDS to be shown the door, given her pink slip and returned to those who voted for her

I'm angry enough that I switched my voter registration from Republican, as they no longer reflect my interests in politics and government. And I sure as blazes will NOT support the Dark Side (Liberal Party).

12. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

lol out with it bigdog, whose frilly panties are you so concerned about:D