Lets all go on vacation...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bunkerbob, Jan 8, 2010.

1. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Well I need to :ranton: some on this.
    At Xmas we had a 'minor'??? terrorist attack on American soil, the President was on and stayed on vacation in Hawaii, and his head of the NCTC( National Counter-terrorism Center) Michael E. Leiter went on a six day ski trip just after the event. Where are the priorities. I guess I don't get it.
    Not until the Presidents latest speech did he actually say we are at 'war' with these terrorists, wow, what a relief I wasn't sure until now.

Next one, are the Democrats cowards, Christopher Dodd and 2 more high ranking Dems leaving office this year, what a surprise, what, they don't want to be defeated at the polls in Nov. or is this a ploy of the DNC to remove the politicians that would be defeated outright because they will be the incumbent. Or, could it be that they want it to look like a new fresh Democratic face is here to save the day for America.:rantoff:
    I usually don't get into political :soapbox1: as you can see from my past replies and posts, but I couldn't help myself ths time.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. longtime

longtime Well-Known Member

Hey, it's just like New Orleans. The liberals like being in charge and screwing things up but have no ideal what they are doing and don't care. Oh by the way, I am Conservative and believe the Republicans are liberal so you know what I think of the Democrats. A bunch of Victims, Elitists and Mommies. The first two can go to hell and the third need to be shown how much damage they do to mankind.

3. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Yeah, I generally use the word "Democrat" as a derogatory term. I generally align myself with the Republicans, as they represent most of my beliefs, but I would love to see a really conservative candidate for a change.

I'm sure Obama had something very important to do in Hawaii . . . like finding a birth certificate.

4. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

That,s what Arlen Specter, formally (R-Pa) did last summer. He knew that he was going to lose his seat in the fall elections so he jumped ship to ride on the wave of "change" the Dems were screaming about. Guess what? It worked and still has a nice comfy job. :gaah:

5. allen_idaho

allen_idaho Well-Known Member

So... What is the complaint about? That the president would dare take his family on vacation?

There was no terrorist attack. There was an ATTEMPTED attack, which failed. Had it been an actual attack, there would have been more than one bomber. And the explosive would have worked.

The thing is, a war on terror is impossible to win. It is just a feel good publicity mission like the war on drugs. So what exactly are you criticizing? A president who can't snap his fingers and provide world peace?

6. bunkerbob

Allen, my point was that he was on vacation prior to the event, no plans to cut it short, and his appointed head of counter-terrorism then went on vacation like nothing happened.
    The President and his Dem cronies work non-stop, overnights, early mornings and weekends in secret to pass a unpopular health care bill, where are the Presidents emotions and priorities concerning terrorism, I don't see any, why did it take him so long to concede that this is a 'war' on terrorism.
    Why was it a priority to do a "shout-out" to Dr Joe Medicine Crow before the President made his speech at Fort Hood Texas concerning that terrorist attack, or maybe that wasn't a terrorist attack either?.
    Why is closing Guantánamo a priority, here is a Brookings institute article on that... President Obama's Decision on Closing Guantánamo - Brookings Institution

There is a fine line between the attempt and the actual act, as you can see with most attacks like the CIA one in Afghanistan, is a one person act, too many participants and it usually detected or foiled. I'm sure you will bring up the 911 attacks with multiple terrorists though, there will be exceptions.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  7. Al-Thi'b

Al-Thi'b مسلم Member

What was Bush dong during Katrina.. ?
    Plain and simple whether it terrorist, natural disaster or other, they don't care about us. Had the Christmas attack been on high ranking officials or a government building, you can bet your life EVERYONE would have been headed back to the capital to get some work done.

We were already in a terrible stance with Bush in office towards terrorism, Obama is pretty much adding fuel to the fire by sending more troops and making remarks that terrorism will end with him.

That's basically inviting anyone to try something or another words putting more of us citizens at risk. I just hope they get it straight before we end up having multiple suicide bombings or attacks daily right here in the US like in other countries. Everyone thinks 9/11 was terrible but they do not realize the amount of lives lost in just one year of repeated attacks on civilians would make 9/11 look like a field day in comparison to deaths.

I get the fact there should be a government of some kind, but when it comes to playing with the lives of citizens, it makes me sick to my stomach. And this isn't some anti-Obama rant, I was pro-obama during elections besides, MCCain was a joke(no offense to anyone that voted for him).

8. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Well, I am certainly not a fan of Obama or his policies, and I have been against him since he first ran for the nomination. I did vote for McCain, and I have liked him for some time.

In spite of this, I can't really fault Obama for his handling of the terror attack on Christmas day. If it had been a "successful" attack, I would guess that he would have been on the scene pretty quickly. He may not have, it's hard to tell.

And like I said before, he was probably busy in Hawaii trying to find a birth certificate. lol

9. allen_idaho

Which of Obama's policies do you have a problem with? And why?

I'm just curious.

10. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Let's start with this one.

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f46/aid-foreign-countries-2257/

While he didn't start the policy, he is continuing it at a time when this country can least afford it. We as a nation are broke and don't let anyone try to tell you any different. If you need specifics, I can go through my bookmarks and find plenty.
    I was initially mesmerized by his silver tongue like so many others. I really thought he was a far better choice than McCain. The more I delved into it, the more I realized something just wasn't right. He's now going the same route that every other politician does once they are elected; cater to the big $$ interests and slapping the bill on the backs of the average working American. If the country survives this mess our grandchildren will be asking us how we could have let this happen.

11. bunkerbob

Good Morning Allen, may I answer this just in brief.
    Just two points that bug me:

First and foremost was the campaign promise of transparency.
    Very transparent, health care being decided behind closed doors.

Second, keep government smaller and more manageable.
    32 White house 'czars' at last count. Some you have to admit are not qualified to be advisors.

Just this morning the White house press secretary admitted that Tim Geithner did not have a high enough pay grade to be informed of the oversight to disclose bonuses to banks and institutions officers before handing out bailout monies.

Here is a partial list of broken campaign promises:

No. 24: End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000
    No. 234: Allow five days of public comment before signing bills
    No. 240: Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials
    No. 517: Negotiate health care reform in public sessions televised on C-SPAN
    No. 313: Allow bankruptcy judges to modify terms of a home mortgage
    No. 505: Create a $3,000 tax credit for companies that add jobs

Don't get me wrong Allen, I had no love loss for the former White house political party either, they broke campaign promises to.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  12. allen_idaho

I see. I'm a non-voter myself. I really don't care which warlord is sitting on the throne. The way I see it, we were screwed no matter who was elected.

But has any president ever kept his campaign promises?

13. bunkerbob

I agree to the first part though I do vote and the second...
    HELL NO!!!

14. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

If they ran on the I can't do a damn thing platform do you think they would get votes? Idealism no matter how naive is more enticing than hopelessness. If Obama had been at the podium and said "Lets be honest folks there ain't much I can do and anything I try will more than likely be shot down before I've had a chance to finish my sentence" The executive branch is a joke. Unfortunantley it's either tyranny at the hands of the many ( legisltive branch) or tyranny at the hands of the few. At least this way there's enough tyranny to go around.

15. Mengele

Mengele Guest

If you believe there is a "war on terrorism" you have been fully duped. The only reason we are doing anything in the middle East is due to America's toxic relationship with Israel. That's all there is to it! Nothing else! Why do you think Muslims hate us? Why are we the "Great Satan". Who hates Muslims more than just about anything else in the world? Israelis. Who hates Israelis more than anything in the world? Muslims. Who is the American government in bed with for some inexplicable reason? Israel. Come on folks, there is no "war on terrorism" just all the rest of the world trying to figure out why America gives Israel everything and protects them without any boundaries whatsoever. War on terrorism! Lol!

16. james_black

james_black Active Member

I just can't wait for this crap to be over. It is absurd. So absurd. We are so tired of listening to them, wasting our money and telling us to shut up and suck it.

17. allen_idaho

It's not a war to protect Israel. It's a war to gain control of oil. And nothing more. Everything else is collateral damage.

18. Ghost

Ghost Ghost

He has spent alot of our money on attorneys so he doesn't have to show that birth certificate. Maybe some of our illegal friends from our southern border can just make him one cheaper? Or maybe bribe a hospital into saying he was born there? It might be easier to just show it already...

19. Ghost

Ghost Ghost

I think we can all agree with that statement.

Ghost

20. Ghost

Ghost Ghost

The reason we were screwed before election day is simple. We get to "vote" for whom they tell us we can choose from. Normally we choose the lesser of the evils or who appears to think as we do, but in the end, we never really voted. Can we get enough signatures to do away with electoral votes? Allow "We the people" to choose who we will vote for, rather than bankers giving us a choice between their minions? I think more people should be politically educated too. Myself included.

Ghost