Lehmans Non-Electric catalog

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by longtime, Oct 28, 2010.

1. longtime

longtime Well-Known Member

I just got my Lehmans Non-Electric Cat. It has everthing from soap making books to Heartland Wood Cookstoves and gas refrigerators. While I have seen most of these items before, never in one catalog.

Lehmans.com

2. longtime

longtime Well-Known Member

Lehmans.com
    Link did not work

3. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Lehmans Non-Electric catalog ... :congrat:

It is a great place ... IMO ... When we go to Ohio for the draft horse sale ... I always make a stop at their store!! :2thumb:

4. Herbalpagan

Herbalpagan Well-Known Member

hehehe...just sent the catty to my husband.

5. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Got some good stuff. Some of it be hard ta find anymore.

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

We've ordered a few things from Lehman's, but only after doing internet searches and not finding the same item. Usually we can find a better price on the internet at other sites.

It's also a great pattern book/idea book for things a person could make themselves!

7. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I go by their store once a month, they have everything, but it is quite pricy. It would be a great place for us local/regional preppers to meet and have coffee especially durring the flea market or auction day across the street. Lots of Amish then.

8. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

"quite pricey" is an understatement

Kidron Flea Market kicks butt! IMO it's better in a lot of ways than Hartville's

9. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Wow! I thought I was loose with money on some things!

Those prices shocked me...some folks have money to burn if this place can stay in business.

10. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

I just got my catalog too. I am marking the pages for the things I want, then I'll know what kinds of things I want to look for at flea markets, etc. Their prices were kind of scary!

11. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

They are high but have quality stuff, this ain't wally world for sure. Most things they have i think would last a lone time, a lot are unique. I would love a gas fridge maybe someday. To outfit a remote location from them would cost a small fortune. In this field of stuff just the last three years, demand has made prices rise. Wonder why?

12. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Like the others I too have bought a few things I could not find elsewhere. But their prices are too high for us to do a lot of shopping with them.

13. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

I dunno...

Seven years ago we ordered their top-of-the-line hand-cranked clothes wringer. Within months the plastic turn-handles for the clamps underneath both snapped off the bolts. And we're careful with our things, so it wasn't misuse or roughness. My husband replaced them with wingnuts, which are hard on the hands to turn.
    The turn knob on top to adjust how tightly together the two rollers are (for wringing thicker or thinner clothes items) became so stiff I could hardly turn it, and now I can't. My husband has to, and he worked on it, oiled it.
    The wringer rollers themselves turned brown and have tiny cracks spiderwebbed all over. That happened after about 2 years.
    The drip tray under the rollers can be tilted to either side...but has NO way to lock it in place, so as you're wringing a clothes item, it may catch on the bottom of the drip tray and flip it up, dumping soapy water into your rinse water, or the other way around, dumping rinse water with vinegar or softener into the wash water. You'd think they could have made some simply clip or locking mechanism to hold it down.

We paid $175 plus shipping for it. Still use it, but what a pain it's been.

14. mtnmom

mtnmom Active Member

I used wringer washers for years out of necessity and a way of life... (so for the life of me, I can't figure out why you would hand crank it!) But the wringer tray is a pain once it doesn't stay tipped the right way so I know totally what you are talking about!

The wringer rollers will turn brown - I don't know why, unless it's because of what the rollers are made of, but we would just run a few rags through first to kinda wipe it off...

I don't have one right now although I'd like to pick one up again. But I will rig up a gas engine to it!:)

15. neil-v1

neil-v1 Old Member

Do they even charge for the catalogs?

16. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

Nope ... and if you order something from their website you automatically get their catalogs with your order.

Lehman's to me is like the old Sears & Roebuck Christmas catalog was when I was a kid!! :D

The list of things I "need" is very, very long ... ;)

17. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Because we don't have a wringer-washer, and we don't have electricity.

This is my "laundry room", complete with Lehman's hand-cranked wringer and the rapid plunger for agitating the laundry! This picture is about a week old.
    [​IMG]